It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT: NASA: U.S. back in UARS satellite strike zone!!!!

page: 32
<< 29  30  31   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I saw a shooting star last night btw 10:50 and 11 pm....mtn. time.
Could this have been a piece....it was a long bluish streak but the brightest "shooting star" I have ever seen!
It wasn't huge, but bright!
Either way satellite or rock...I made a wish!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
In the video labeled SATTELLITE UARS DEBRIS FALLING OVER CANADA SEP/24/2011 uploaded to YouTube by INTNLTHUG at 4:42 he says "I'm Oklahoma City looking southeast". Also earlier in the clip he says the date is September 22nd. He sounds pretty American to me, the woman's voice also sounds American. When the neighbor pokes her head out of her house she sounds American too. I guess I am just assuming people in Canada don't sound like this and it could be an error on my part.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dogmire

That video is an old hoax of a UFO that has been recycled. OH, that means it was not real then, as it is not real now.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Thank you for letting me know. I was getting truly cornfused! All the comments sayings "yep, that solves it" really had my head spinning.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Htrowklis82
I saw a shooting star last night btw 10:50 and 11 pm....mtn. time.
Could this have been a piece....it was a long bluish streak but the brightest "shooting star" I have ever seen!
It wasn't huge, but bright!
Either way satellite or rock...I made a wish!

Did it look like this?

I have seen bluish streaking meteors before,
that is probably what it was. From what I can gather
the satellite went down somewhere over the pacific.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au
Blimey that was a waste of time. NASA is full of # I swear. Elenin people? We can not even get a strait answer on a sat. re entering the atmosphere.

They want to be the first on the scene so they can collect everything and dissapear before all those treasure hunters, do you really think they are going to tell you immediately were it is. They are not stupid

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

I was just expecting them to tell us where exactly it was going to "land" I'm not saying they were lying to us or anything like that. G

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Seems we finally have a word on where and when it landed:

Update #16 Sat, 24 Sep 2011 10:37:25 AM CDT NASA’s decommissioned Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite fell back to Earth between 11:23 p.m. EDT Friday, Sept. 23 and 1:09 a.m. EDT Sept. 24. The Joint Space Operations Center at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California said the satellite entered the atmosphere over the North Pacific Ocean, off the west coast of the United States. The precise re-entry time and location of any debris impacts are still being determined. NASA is not aware of any reports of injury or property damage.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Thanks for the update, now we wait
to see who comes forward with space
junk. I thought I read earlier that they
thought some landed in Canada

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by WhoDat09

Thanks for the update, now we wait
to see who comes forward with space
junk. I thought I read earlier that they
thought some landed in Canada

now proven hoax,,picture was from superman movie,,,
and utube video, was,,well declared a hoax , by ATS,,

so still orbiting,, last i checked,,
but thats a hoax too,, software glitch,,in the sim,,
and nobody is talking,,soooo
???

edit on 24-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by sweetstuff

personally ,
if it hits the right speed,
velocity,
energy push,
magnetic,
resonance ,
vortex, creating,,,,,
miracle,,
it could stay in very low orbit,,
at very high speed,
for very,
long time.
theoretically speaking of course.

ohh neither the latter.
but the former too the latter.
Atlantic.
sorry,
got the geek going lol
edit on 23-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

"it could stay in very low orbit,,
at very high speed,
for very,
long time.
theoretically speaking of course."

well good theory so far,,so at what point does my theory become fact?
and where do i pick up my,,, Nobel Prize ?,,
or at least Honerary Degree,,,?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
So, did it come down, or not?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Two days since the last post on here. Am I missing something?? What ever happened to the satellite? Is there another, more encompassing thread about this subject on ATS?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Notable: reason it is not allowable to touch anything man-made, returning from upper atmosphere? An inlaw was on a bus, legally assigned to recover bits of the shuttle strew field (his assignment covered Northern Nevada to Southern Nevada. The man had no reasonable reason to have contracted lung cancer, didn't have it prior and was diagnosed with and subsequently died within 15 months of rapid onset lung (something fancy worded for cancer). Our earliest explorations have revealed bio matter outside our earth. Preferred action encountering bounced space debris: call 911. Also noteable: in Colorado and New Mexico where bear sightings could endanger human activity, call 911. I camped near Georgetown, California one summer. Someone had shot a BIG bear, it was rampaging,bellowing and dangerously close to my tent so I phoned it in. The dispatcher had no idea what the heck "a bellowing bear" was or meant. Moral? Protect yourself on all sides. Just for story sake, a grandson came home at lunch to tell my son (stepdad) the kids had "stoned" a rattlesnake up the hill. My son, risking timely return to work, arrived on-scene to find a bunch of boys and girls of varying ages, circling one of the largest rattlers he had encountered, dizzily striking at air, not "stoned". He ate it and hung the skin. I had a little sidewinder strike at me, after I took the still dangerous head off. Everything contains electrical, magnetic energy. Some of it is considerably more conducive than others and some just doesn't give it up, ya know?.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

This is the only topic I am aware of regarding this topic - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Htrowklis82

Notable: our earth's path is entering a new age. Our path is going through some of what could be construed as the tail of the milky way. Normal meteor showers and unexpected showers are expected to increase in intensity. Keep sky watching and don't wait for a shooting star to wish for something, make things happen today!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well looks like they've found pieces of the satellite.

Dead NASA Satellite Found in Pacific

Pieces of a dead satellite that crashed to Earth Saturday have finally been found, but nowhere close to civilization. The Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite, which spent years sending data to NASA’s Goddard Center in Greenbelt, ended up “about as far away from large land masses as you can get,” NASA officials told the AP. About two dozen pieces of the satellite landed in the south Pacific, scattered over about 500 miles.

The closest the debris came to land was Christmas Island, about 300 miles from the crash site.

So no conspiracy here friends, you can sleep easier tonight.

top topics

<< 29  30  31   >>

join