It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT: NASA: U.S. back in UARS satellite strike zone!!!!

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

This video was shot in Oklahoma City looking southeast, yet Nasa says it fell in Canada??? Ummmm............No!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Yet another doom forecast comes to nothing. I think if someone or their roof got totalled we'd have heard by now? Epic fail, doom mongers.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IamWatching

The video appears to have been shot in Okotoks,Canada, not Oklahoma city.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thirdcoaster
reply to post by IamWatching

The video appears to have been shot in Okotoks,Canada, not Oklahoma city.

No, he says Oklahoma City in the video. He also says the date of September 22nd.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
okay, now that this show is over I have to say, I support the space track mission for a living and this board as a whole really nad me cracking up for the majority of the time on this subject. you all are a hoot with your theorys and such.

I hope this entire story brings more light to the space track mission and the tireless mission we support. As a matter of fact, I dont have time to sleep, in a few hours I have a sea launch to support. then in a few more days a russain Breeze rocket. Okay, rant over, back to work.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
okay, now that this show is over I have to say, I support the space track mission for a living and this board as a whole really nad me cracking up for the majority of the time on this subject. you all are a hoot with your theorys and such.

I hope this entire story brings more light to the space track mission and the tireless mission we support. As a matter of fact, I dont have time to sleep, in a few hours I have a sea launch to support. then in a few more days a russain Breeze rocket. Okay, rant over, back to work.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
its 5AM eastern time zone

the Yahoo news says its last orbit path was over Africa & Canada ...
the rest was over the oceans, Atlantic Pacific & Indian

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I think space command had this object decayed at about 3am EST. However, following policy means more that a few space track dedictated sites have to report a "no show" on object 21701 to declare it officaly decayed.
edit on 0937 by ASC Nole because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Thanks for all the updates guys, the info here is coming in faster than other sources.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Unless you hav a 2 megawatt radar with full asscess to NORAD's EL SET catalog, there is no such thing as good source for tracking a LEO object. the tracker you all were using was a good 2 hours behind real time data, which is to say, it was not even close.

just keep it real ya'll.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Here's a cool animation of a satellite reentry, and the funny thing is it demonstrates the debris falling in the Pacific Ocean, funny because NASA indicates that's exactly where it landed.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Blimey that was a waste of time. NASA is full of # I swear. Elenin people? We can not even get a strait answer on a sat. re entering the atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deplume
Y'know what really grinds my gears.. is Americas ME ME ME-ness about all of this..
Oh everyone breathes a sigh of relief when America isn't forecasted as being underneath this thing when it drops..
..the fact that it moves away from the YOU and travels over the top of OTHER countries, i.e. Europe, Africa, Australia.. barely even gets a mention. (Weird right? Other places except America... who'd have guessed?)

It's not just ats, everyone's at it.. even NASA themselves!

Because in the teeny tiny very unlikely possibility that a piece of this thing hits a person/people... anyone else living outside of U.S. is expendable right???

edit on 23-9-2011 by Deplume because: (no reason given)

Ya, well, we'll probably never live to see the day that American tax dollars pay for something that doesn't negatively impact the rest of the globe.

I mean, last time it was worse though; they used the tax dollars to bail out Jersey Shores.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Partisanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

or maybe the jersey shore....

ya

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Oh hey look nothing catastrophic happened. ATS doomtards once again make a big hooplah and dramafest out of nothing, same old story. Sure they'll all just quietly move on to the next doom prospect and stir up a frenzy.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Sigh.....really people you all need to get a grip! On reality! And stop living in some kind of fantasy land FGS.

'Things' fall into our atmosphere thus onto our planet constantly, but you who have no life other than fearmongering/doomsdaying/ deathwishing waste a huge amount of space at this site IMO with neurotic thoughts of crashing satellites and some ' wimpy' comet.
Join a club! Learn to salsa! Save animals! Take up violin lessons!
Just give us a blardy break already.

ETA: I am willing to bet that those of you who think we are about to self destruct from all manner of things ( comet Elenin/an old satellite/Nibiru/Solar CME's/some crazy person's prediction/aliens etc.... are all under the age of at least 35. Those older normally possess more commonsense. Its all to do with how many times you have orbited the sun...and what you have seen and experienced.

Dontcha know.
edit on 24-9-2011 by annella because: enver

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I haven't been following this at all. What happened? Did it fall somewhere? If so, where?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

yes it fell. where depends on who you ask

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

That is an awesome capture! It defiintely looks like a tumbling satellite and really fits the bill from what they said to look for. Thanks for posting this since I didn't get a chance to go look in my neighborhood when it went overhead and your video is of such good quality it's a good substitute for not getting to see it first hand

Too bad we didn't get the see the final stage of the reentry, I bet that was spectacular.

When I lived in Colorado a few years ago we had the Russian rocket debris come down early in the morning and it was pretty impressive as it broke into several pieces. I'm not sure how big that piece was in relation to how big UARS was but I bt it was equally spectacular to watch come burning home.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bo12au

What kind of a straight answer are you after? If nobody is next to a tree falling in the forest how do you get documentation on that occurrence?

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join