It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT: NASA: U.S. back in UARS satellite strike zone!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I also heard this morning on the news from a nasa rep that you have the option to either keep it or call them to come retrieve it...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
I also heard this morning on the news from a nasa rep that you have the option to either keep it or call them to come retrieve it...

I know they said that about those drones that where found in NC, I believe that's where it was. I'm almost positive they said the satellite debris was off limits as far people claiming it though.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Many of them claim to be able to do both in the descriptions. I know the element data is used for path predictions for it's regular stable orbit, but they also do say real time.

That applet on Fox news has to be getting it's data from www.n2yo.com... They don't stream that data elsewhere?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
All we'll get from Nasa is their best guess-timate up until the last 2 hours, simply because the rate of descent is changing. They are not in control of this thing, but suffice it to say that there is still a 71% chance that it will land in the ocean.

This is a situation that will probably be repeated many times in the future. The German made ROSAT satellite will fall at the end of October. There are probably over 2000 of these things orbitting earth right now. That being said, perhaps we should recalculate those probabilities of one of these things smacking us upside the head?????

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Why is that urgent?

It's just a satellite,not a meteor or a asteroid.

link   

Originally posted by bigern

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn

I know they said that about those drones that where found in NC, I believe that's where it was. I'm almost positive they said the satellite debris was off limits as far people claiming it though.

Yes to be honest I do not think they
said you could keep it.

They don't have to know though, we will keep it between *(us)*.

A pond!?! Beautiful idea.. the fish though, are there fish?
You would not want to nuke the poor little guys.

link   
If a school bus sized artificial cannot be tracked then how can a missle (icbm) be tracked smh THEY GOT LASER PLANES TO SHOOT THOSE? The way I see it, if it lands in an unpopulated area or sea no issues related then it is what it is UARS. IF it lands in populated area and causes some issues deaths, illness and leaves no clear debris trace before area quarintined THEN I will look at it as debris from something else... There is no way the exact location cannot be announced w/ also a pic captured of its current location from1 of the scopes up there.. They can see everything else?

Be well

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

None of them are "real time". They all use the orbital elements provided by USSTRATCOM to project the orbit. These orbital elements are updated fairly often but the trackers are not "real time".

I did not think it was exact *real time*. Thanks for the clarification.

It is a bit confusing when they state that it is, when as you pointed out
is not true..

Are you having any luck with a possible landing zone prediction?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

None of them are "real time". They all use the orbital elements provided by USSTRATCOM to project the orbit. These orbital elements are updated fairly often but the trackers are not "real time".

Ha for once I agree with you

But to bad you took the air out off everybody ballon

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
Why is that urgent?

It's just a satellite,not a meteor or a asteroid.

Because silly head, we were told the USA was in the
ALL-CLEAR yesterday, and this report JUST came out
stating America is NOW BACK in the strike zone
where UARS can land (or crash :lol
Gving some of us hope here
of it landing in our yards.
edit on 23-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I know they call it live tracking. I tried to find out where n2yo gets its "live tracking" data and no information is provided. The only thing I could find on the site were the orbital elements for the satellite. To be "live tracking" the satellite they would have to have access to radar data from NORAD. I doubt they have that.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Here is an additional tracking site that is working fine for me right now.

www.infosatellites.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I know they call it live tracking. I tried to find out where n2yo gets its "live tracking" data and no information is provided. The only thing I could find on the site were the orbital elements for the satellite. To be "live tracking" the satellite they would have to have access to radar data from NORAD. I doubt they have that.

Any clue Phage where it is going to crash land?

Is there a way to track it now with all the satellite tracking websites overloaded?

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Here is an additional tracking site that is working fine for me right now.

www.infosatellites.com...

That is wonderful. Thanks

*crosses fingers*
edit on 23-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
"Yes to be honest I do not think they
said you could keep it.

They don't have to know though, we will keep it between *(us)*.

A pond!?! Beautiful idea.. the fish though, are there fish?
You would not want to nuke the poor little guys.
"

^ quote from popsmayhem ^

The fish are my canary in a coal mine, if they start acting funny I'll know to stay away from it.
edit on 23-9-2011 by bigern because: screwed the quote up

edit on 23-9-2011 by bigern because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I wonder just how much gold and other precious metals (from the wiring and shielding and whatnot) will survive the breakup and make it to land. If by slim chance it did land in your yard it could be akin to winning the lottery, a small one anyway.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The Fox news page just switched to a Google earth plugin.

Cool but it's not working either it seems.

www.foxnews.com...

Thanks for trying Phage.

Gpredict uses Norad data - " Fast and accurate real-time satellite tracking using the NORAD SGP4/SDP4 algorithms. " That's not the same as your talking about?
edit on 23-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
I wonder just how much gold and other precious metals (from the wiring and shielding and whatnot) will survive the breakup and make it to land. If by slim chance it did land in your yard it could be akin to winning the lottery, a small one anyway.

I know the price of Aluminum is at about 85 cent a lb.
(pretty good as it use to be 35 cent not 2 years ago)
That titanium HAS to be worth a good bit just as scrap..

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I have no idea where it will re-enter. But there are a lot of places where it won't...including anywhere near me.
Dammit, I was hoping to get to see it.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
does any more else find it odd that they Can Not track THIS satellite?
they have never had trouble tracking satellites before.
some thing very fishy with this!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I wonder if my home owners insurance covers falling satellites? LOL

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join