It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT: NASA: U.S. back in UARS satellite strike zone!!!!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Definitely. And quickly.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
now after checking spaceflight.now it's just come over us and is traversing Canada...so I have just made a prat of myself assuming it was same pattern...so there you are folks...However it did have same pattern 2/3 times round...time to keep my mouth shut...lol

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
flying above ontario now...ing towards spain and north africa then

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I told my daughter I was going to will a meteorite into norfolk va. This is for Calliope.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
reply to post by lkpuede

It's still out over the Pacific right now.

www.livestream.com...

thx i wasn't sure. whatever it was, it was moving very fast and it had a tail. it was low on the horizon, only barely above the houses. the IPVs (UFOs) that one might see out here never move that fast and never have a tail. they are generally slow movers, silent, and fairly high. and you never see them this early. they tend to pass by very early in the morning...usually about an hour before dawn.

thanks for looking for me. 'preciate it.
edit on 23-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
As of 7 p.m. EDT on Sept. 23, 2011, the orbit of UARS was 90 miles by 95 miles (145 km by 150 km). Re-entry is expected between 11 p.m. Friday, Sept. 23, and 3 a.m., Sept. 24, Eastern Daylight Time (3 a.m. to 7 a.m. GMT). During that time period, the satellite will be passing over Canada, Africa and Australia, as well as vast areas of the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans. The risk to public safety is very remote.
www.nasa.gov...

Using the orbitron program,
I have tracked the UARS satellite.
Screen Shots were taken approx. in hourly
and half hour time intervals.
Tracked for the time between 10pm-6am EST

I believe UARS will make impact
somewhere in the pacific ocean near Hawaii
With a possible sighting near California.
between 11:30pm and 1:00am

At approx. 10:00pm EST 9/23 UARS is over the ocean way off coast of Australia

At approx. 10:30pm-10:40 EST 9/23 UARS is approaching and going over N America/Canada

At approx. 11:00pm EST 9/23 UARS is over Africa

At approx. 11:30pm EST 9/23 UARS is south of Australia

At approx. 12:08am EST 9/24 UARS is approaching/over North America/Canada

At approx. 12:16am EST 9/24

At approx. 12:31am EST 9/24 UARS approaching Africa

At approx. 1:05am EST 9/24 UARS north of Antartica

At approx. 1:35am EST 9/24 UARS over the Pacific Ocean

At approx 1:50am EST 9/24 UARS over North America/Canada

At approx 2:00am EST 9/24 UARS over Atlantic Ocean

At approx 2:55am EST 9/24 UARS approaching Australia

At approx 3:00am EST 9/24 UARS over Australia

At approx 3:30am EST 9/24 UARS over Northern Canada

At approx. 4:05am EST 9/24 UARS over Pacific Ocean

At approx. 4:30am EST 9/24 UARS Slightly north of Australia

At approx. 5:09am EST 9/24 UARS Approaching North America/Canada

At approx. 5:14am EST 9/24 UARS Entering over Eastern American states

5:21am
UARS went directly over Eastern America/Florida
5:23am
UARS over Atlantic ocean
5:33am
UARS directly over South America
6:00am
UARS over Wide open Ocean

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Me, my wife and a friend all tried to catch a glimpse but to no avail.

Wish I could be uploading a killer video right now!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I saw it , but my camera here and the light, NO GOOD. CELL, no good. No pics or vids here.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
seems like after passing spain it won't return to europe. so nothing to see in the sky for me today

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
anybody who's seen my posts around here knows i aint much given to getting carried away...but i am telling you i just saw another piece of that thing streak right over head and burn out. it was amazing. bright and white.

Rio Rancho, NM

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lkpuede
anybody who's seen my posts around here knows i aint much given to getting carried away...but i am telling you i just saw another piece of that thing streak right over head and burn out. it was amazing. bright and white.

Rio Rancho, NM

I only seen one white flashing object this time around, so the other that i saw and hour or so ago, burned out aye.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lkpuede

Rio Rancho, NM

Musta done a quick u-turn and decided to fly by you twice. Call NASA and let them know their satellitte is going in circles

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I missed the most recent pass by....damn trees! (I never in my life thought I would curse trees)

I only went outside to do two things....watch satellites crash to Earth and drink some beer....looks like I'm almost out of beer...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I don't think it will make it close enough to MN for me to see anymore, if it does come back around anyways.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Why don't they just shoot the damn thing with a missile, while over the ocean? Why risk having it it land? If NASA can't bring down satellites safely, we'll have problems.

There are so many satellites up there in orbit, I can't believe they aren't better prepared for something like this. All this should have been figured out well before putting satellites in orbit. But now we have tens of thousands of them orbiting over our heads. And they're having this much trouble with one? Not good.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Fantastic shots popsmayhem..you certainly deserve all your starts and flags from your original post.....have really enjoyed being part of this and now as said before I feel this could do anywhere...but still hope for the ocean...
not sure how many times it's due back...I asked earlier if anyone knew of height above Earth now and I might have missed that posting so will go back and re check...must be getting close now

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Still using orbitron? Do a test. Unplug your PC from the modem or shut off your net connection to see if your still getting data. I don't think orbitron can do Real real time, just real simulated predictions on where it's stable path should be.

I have yet to get a software app working good for Real real time. Or are you refreshing the data manually?

I've stuck to watching it on www.spaceflightnow.com...
edit on 23-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It is in the middle of africa, right now, going south now. This pass, it missed the horn of africa. The last pass it went over the horn of africa.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

UARS

Server time: 22:20:17 PM
Latitude: 9.05°
Longitude: 23.44°
Altitude [km]: 158.5
Altitude [mi]: 98.49
Speed [km/s]: 7.81
Speed [mi/s]: 4.85

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
Why don't they just shoot the damn thing with a missile, while over the ocean? Why risk having it it land? If NASA can't bring down satellites safely, we'll have problems.

There are so many satellites up there in orbit, I can't believe they aren't better prepared for something like this. All this should have been figured out well before putting satellites in orbit. But now we have tens of thousands of them orbiting over our heads. And they're having this much trouble with one? Not good.

because it's not a serious threat. plus you risk even more trouble shooting it down. it's not like it vaporizes...it just becomes more debris. which is why the plane over Pennsylvania (on 9/11) was shot down but the ones over New York were not.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join