It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Survival is and isn’t.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
A currious thing..... The Us as a whole consider the south as a inbread redneck hillbilly waste of land and people. I will just let you keep on thinking that. There's always more than enough to go around, and if you don't go get it, your just too lazy or a welfare bum, cause there's plenty to be had, even if the big 'something' happened. The eastern US is a forest folks, if you can't find something, you'd better go to the library and find out whats edible locally. Where I live, the deer population is nearly 1 to 1 with the human population, the lakes and rivers loaded with catfish and others, and lots of wildlife. Enough to make it through a winter sucessfully, even in a sod hut or lean-to or hard core outdoor environment. The spoiled, and people who think everything comes from the 'store' might not make it, but then they might to.... need is the mother of invention.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Ok...you did it. I been out workin' on the farm all day and sittin' here drinkin' a few beers and you had to break out the Skynyrd....and Forrest Gump. Damn I love me some Skynyrd and Forrest Gump. Now I am all riled up. Like pourn' gas on a fire.... or as we say down here.." a far."

I am a survivalist...just a practical one. I think a good survivalist never has to fire his gun or weapon until he/she chooses. Survivalist are like farts...silent but deadly.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Survivalist are like farts...silent but deadly.

As my teenagers would say that's epic.
Cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Guess what wandered into my yard this morning...
Big ole gobbler and I swear this Tom had to have a 19 inch beard...
Gonna have to put out some corn so he sticks around... long enough to make Thanksgiving dinner

I'm sure DB knows this, is to use
hominy to bait turkey and even catch fish..

It is what the indians and frontiersman used and can still be used today..

Also I think this is a topic that can really hit home with people..

You have to know when to fight and stand up (which is basic human survival)
More importantly have to learn when to stand down and not take the fight.

Encountered a wolf...

OH NO THERE IS A WOLF!
RUN LITTLE BOY!!!!

Run or Not?

Encountered a Gater...(those in the south east USA)

OH NO THERE IS A GATOR
RUN LITTLE BOY!!!

Run or not?
edit on 24-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

Rednecks live everywhere, even up North. Why pick on the South? Have you ever met a Jackpine Savage from up north? Those guys live off the land in every way and whether or not they're "inbred" I wouldn't personally know.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I'm sorry my friend, but on this post, you got the wrong priorities. Survival IS work, so don't leave your family behind. Hunt like you need it, cause you DO need the practice. Next time, you might hand it to a hungry elder, or a child. and Office experience wont help. Just looking back on my 26 year career, today at my office NO ONE missed me...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I didn't really read the whole thread to see what others have posted, my fault

but I tend to disagree, i look outside and see thousands of neighbors

im not so sure i'd live long enough in a shtf to have to start eating bugs and drinking piss

take it with a grain of salt of course
edit on 25-9-2011 by rktspc because: l

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Great post DB as usual. I agree with most of what you have said, but I also believe those that are well-armed and prepared to fight will fare much better than those who just stock up on food and attempt to hide. All one needs to do is look at a modern day third World country (i.e. Somalia) to see how it will really be should TSHTF.

Those who are armed prey upon those who aren't. Rape, robbery, and murder are standard fare. Another thing to consider is the fact that there is only a finite amount of natural resources. Without any regulation the wilderness areas will be stripped bare in short order.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Redwing48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwing48

I think that the stuff that is easy to get will be gone like you say.If it takes a little knowledge or effort to obtain then those resources are fairly safe from what i have seen of mankind without modern tech to aid us.That's why it is important to get hands on knowledge to pass down.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by Redwing48

I think that the stuff that is easy to get will be gone like you say.If it takes a little knowledge or effort to obtain then those resources are fairly safe from what i have seen of mankind without modern tech to aid us.That's why it is important to get hands on knowledge to pass down.
You're right about that Deadeye, the easiest supplies to obtain will go first like the grocers, Walmarts, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join