It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dematerialization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hi All,

I have had paranormal experiences since childhood, They seem to come and go by the decade. I am a lucid dreamer and I had a real interesting experience the other night. I just want to throw this out there to see if anyone else has had this happen.

The dream is not so important, it was very vivid but most of it has faded. All I remember is looking at fish in my pond. I woke up from the dream in my bed and had a crazy feeling all through my body. It felt as if my physical self was dematerializing. thats the best way to describe it. It kind of freaked me out but by the time I walked out into the living room it was gone. It felt as if I wasnt all the way there, like the atoms in my body were loosly connected and I was on the edge of another dimension.

anyone else have this happen?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by VortiganX

It could be sleep paralysis, which sometimes happen if you wake up abruptly from a dream or lucid dream.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Perhaps the vivid dream was an experience in the astral body, and the physical sensations were some lingering physical perceptions of the astral and physical bodies rejoining. Certainly not the only explanation, but one possibility.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

OP I know what you mean, it's like being lightheaded but the effects aren't worse. I can do this when I'm going to sleep the way I do it is this: years back I had a dream where I was in a MASSIVE room/warehouse and there was someone at the other end of the warehouse they ran up at me real fast and I had this sensation. Ever since then when I think of this situation I can cause the effects you said.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I used to have sleep paralysis quite often. This was something different. I was not paralyzed at all. I woke with the feeling.. there wasnt much fear, more like surprised... It took a couple minutes to wear off.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

I think I agree with you there. I think a lot of times I often astral project instead of dream, I have woken up half in half out of my body before, that was a unique experience there and actually quite pleasant. Maybe it was my sense of my astral body that was fading away making it feel like my physical body was dematerializing.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I do not know if this applies to your experience, but the sensation/feeling you described is exactly how I feel after meditating, or experiencing alternate/higher levels of consciousness. This is why some people use 'grounding' techniques after spiritual practices to help reconnect with the physical realm, so that they can feel "all there."

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

I do not know if this applies to your experience, but the sensation/feeling you described is exactly how I feel after meditating, or experiencing alternate/higher levels of consciousness. This is why some people use 'grounding' techniques after spiritual practices to help reconnect with the physical realm, so that they can feel "all there."

I think it applies. I suspect that we do not always dream but sometimes travel astrally at night. I think I was coming back from somewhere

join