It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire In The Sky Giant UFO Orb In Equador 2011

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DemonicUFO

-- to the South Rim sector of the city...

Sooo... I am to take it that the "South Rim" implies that there be mountains just beyond the city lights in the vid.
And... that this light is up in those hills, probably on the "Rim".
Which... makes it more the likely that this 3 hour long orange light up in the hills is a fire. Men made it, cause it doesn't grow like a wild fire would and, it is extinguished at the end.

But hey, if you want to "imagine", lets say the UFO landed and the aliens, being hungry after their long journey, caught, killed and BBQ'd a whole cow. Tasty.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
I can't believe this thread is still going!

It's not an orb, it's not a lantern, it's not a hot air balloon.

People have already said what it is. It's a flare. A parachute flare to be precise. Notice how none of the cuts are longer than 40 secs?

This look familiar?

Sorry, I don'y usually quote my own posts, but I really can't be bothered to retype and rehash it again. It's not a fire, and it didn't last 3 hours either. It's a few parachute flares being filmed with cuts in the film when the flares are burning out and another deployed.

Parachute flares are artillery flares. Most historic use of parachute flares militarily, was in ww2 pacific theatre and vietnam, where officers would use them at night to try to see where enemy positions were during night time raids or defending night time attacks.
edit on 24-9-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
S&F
I wanted to add that I saw the exact same orange/red sphere of fire this past new years eve!!
although it was wayyy closer in my visual field distance wise around 150-200 feet away if i had to guess,id say 30 feet off the ground and moving very slowly horizontally,check my report at the link I give at the bottom for the entire mufon report.

it was so close visually that I have no doubt in my mind it was no Chinese lantern,as much of an avid reader,researcher and believer of these types of topics, I have to use mere cliches like "you just had to of been there" ," seeing is believing" ...I know one thing now, believing,wondering and hoping phenomena exist and experiencing it for yourself are two worlds apart,night in day in comparison.

if it were not for my own highly skeptical mother walking out our front door at precisely the opportune time,I might think it were a dream or that I was hallucinating , otherwise she would of missed it,I can still remember her initial surprise in what she said and astonishment in her voice,she says " is that what I think it is!?"

It is funny,earlier that day hours before our sighting,I was attempting to tell her yet another paranormal/alien case,one of my passionate rants trying to make her open her mind just a little outside the box.

she listens and replies "i just don't know about that stuff,i have to see it in order to believe it" that is as accurate i can remember her words,i recalled that after the sighting but thought it was coincidental that hours latter she would actually be getting just that kind of confirmation!!!

I can now say with confidence,ever since our sighting she tends to pay attention to what I have to say about the subject!

I am in no position to say if or not this video being 100% real but..I can say with certainty that what we saw looked strikingly similar to what is in the OP's post albeit a smaller version.

if anyone is interested in checking out my full report here is a link to the original Mufon case report that I gave - Mufon UFO Report

also just became aware of this,I know it is a little old but I still thought it to be relevant,to my case at least,since i was one of the witnesses mentioned in that mufon article - Red/Orange fireball UFO's and mysterious bird deaths?

search mufon for this type of UFO and I am sure there may be other organizations as well,i can only speak for what I know myself,these reddish/orange fireball ufos are more common than I once thought,and they are not all easily explained away as Chinese lanterns.
edit on 24-9-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Now I'm no mathematician or scientist but how big would a 'lantern' have to be to hold 3-hours worth of fuel?

Also, the video looks pixelated so I really can't tell but to me it looks like this object was going in and out of (behind) some clouds.

I am so curious as to why Mexico and Peru seem to be year round hot-spots for UFO activity while the UK is the hosts most Crop Circles.

Truth is we do get loads of these same ufo orbs over here in the UK. Don't know too much about the circles but these orbs are real all right and I'v been 4 foot from them, touching distance. Now this one does look like a real ufo orb, three hours in the same place is no marsh gas or flare.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
when i read these threads
what i enjoy most
is all these people 100% certain of what we're looking at
do not even come close to agreeing
so it is irrefutably a hot air balloon flare lantern chinese fire. also known as venus, no doubt.

i notice that after the cut, the clouds are different.
so it's not just a momentary lapse.
perhaps it's the first
and last minutes of their viewing.
i know if there was a three hour video i wouldn't stream it. doesn't mean they're lying.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

i know if there was a three hour video i wouldn't stream it. doesn't mean they're lying.

Doesn't mean they are telling the truth either...

So those of us who are looking for good evidence as to a UFO are then left with 2 choices.

1. Take some person who nobody knows, (who has uploaded a dodgy pixelated video, with some pretty outlandish claims with no proof) word for it.

2. Look at the evidence available and come to one's own conclusion on the most likely scenario being played out, in the most itelligent and analytical process we can.

I'm option 2. You?
edit on 26-9-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

Doesn't mean they are telling the truth either...

So those of us who are looking for good evidence as to a UFO are then left with 2 choices.

1. Take some person who nobody knows, (who has uploaded a dodgy pixelated video, with some pretty outlandish claims with no proof) word for it.

2. Look at the evidence available and come to one's own conclusion on the most likely scenario being played out, in the most itelligent and analytical process we can.

I'm option 2. You?
edit on 26-9-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

personally i would prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt
especially when there is no real reason for them to lie
as i would appreciate it given to me in the same situation

also; everything else in my previous post.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join