It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just got a news update here in Denmark regarding UARS satellite.. perhaps it will crash on my house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Im going to stand ready with my camera tonight..
This just very intresting news, and kind of scary..

I was in a hurry so I just used google translator to translate the danish, so some of it mumble jumble

Source: vejret.tv2.dk...:beregning-satellit-kommer-t%C3%A6t-p%C3%A5-dk-i-aften.html?forside

The satellite UARS. there during Friday night will hit the ground, is going to be really close to Denmark around 23 o'clock Friday night, the calculations from Heavens-above.com resulting satellites journey across the sky - and when the satellite is set to break through Earth's atmosphere between 22 o'clock Friday night and 02 o'clock Friday night, there is thus a possibility that the satellite can be seen from Denmark when it burns up and rush towards the ground.

Should it happen that the UARS breaks through the atmosphere between the hours of 23:04 and 23:08 o'clock, so the satellite will calculated to be visible from Denmark. Precisely during the time it passes close to Denmark. At 23:06, we have the time it will be closest to Denmark. Here it will be seen as high as 71 degrees above the horizon, if you stand in Copenhagen.

Much may change

But it may very well come to look quite different. Both the time at which the satellite breaks through the atmosphere - and the consequent change in pitch - can get the satellite crashing to end up somewhere else "When the satellite at 100 km altitude breaks through the atmosphere, will take much of the move, and it will start burning up and deliver a very bright light that is so powerful that it would be visible in daylight. The beautiful view can be seen from Denmark, if it happens while it is above the horizon.

But the probability is still not very big - like the satellite through the atmosphere at 22.30, you will then not be able to see from Denmark. The satellite will also easily change its orbit so that it no longer has its orbit close to us. " says Michael Linden Vørlne who is an astrophysicist at the Tycho-Brahe Planetarium. "There is no doubt that it will be a fantastic sight. But when it is so difficult to predict when it passes through the atmosphere, because everything can change rather quickly, so it may well be a waste of time if going outside in an attempt to spot the satellite.

You should be in each armed with a good dose of patience if you sit that you will see the satellite, "explains Michael Linden Vørlne. Weather - no barrier Interest weather conditions should be no obstacle in seeing the satellite, if it starts to burn up while it is above the horizon. The forecast for tonight and tonight shows that there may be some clouds here and there - among others over the county, but we generally want to get clear weather in most places.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Doubt it, South Pacific is the latest guesstimate.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
That would be freaking awesome( In a wierd way
), i live in Copenhagen to.

Have to stay up late tonight, to see if i can get some shot's with my lousy phone camera, if it is.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm mad. It's still cloudy here. Going to miss all the action.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Im from denmark too

and there are 1 more satelite on the way

new topics

top topics

join