It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

angry arabiya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
If you are not familar with 'anrgyarabiya' she is a person who is tweeting from Bahrain. She went on hunger strike ealier in the year after family members were taken. She stopped after her health had detiorated rapidly. I have been following on twitter and most recent tweets are suggesting its all about to kick off in Bahrain. Its hard to judge and we will get very little coverage in the media of this but it sounds serious;

Some recent posts from last night and this morning; (feb14 is name of resistance movement)

angryarabiya angry arabiya
Tomorrow is a very big day in #Bahrain The feb14 movement announced that tomorrow is the day. Tomorrow we will fight for the pearl
12 hours ago

Already things are very tense tonight. Riot police are everywhere and alert. Every1 waiting for feb14 to just announce the time #Bahrain
12 hours ago

We have no idea what time we'll be going out. Cud be anytime between 7am or 10pm. But we're prepared, with out hearts and minds #bahrain
12 hours ago

ONLINEBAHRAIN BahrainOnline
We welcome foreign activists across the world to come to #Bahrain & join our struggle and see what we are fighting against. Our homes r open
58 minutes ago

msgs from protesters say theyr prepared for martyrdom. Their only wish if they are killed today is to be buried in pearl roundabout #Bahrain
15 minutes ago

Calls for every1 to go out shouting Allah Akbar as soon as feb14 movement announces the time to go out. We're waiting... #Bahrain
14 minutes ago

so that last post sounds like everybody is just waiting on the word to go.

i can only imaigne what awaits them. If bahrain was to fall god only knows what is going to happen in the middle east.

you can follow here: twitter.com...#!/angryarabiya (you dont need to sign up to follow)

edit on 23-9-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I wish I knew more about Bahrain and the situation she is protesting. Does it relate to Saturday's elections?

Bahrain elections article - CNN

At least, Reuters doesn't report any violence yet.

Protest march - Reuters

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The saudis will crush any protests in Bahrain, America will back them in doing so imo...Saudi monarchy don't want to let the people of bahrain set an example for saudi citizens to follow.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
The saudis will crush any protests in Bahrain, America will back them in doing so imo...Saudi monarchy don't want to let the people of bahrain set an example for saudi citizens to follow.

This, earlier this year the King of SA gave a huge aid package to shut his people up. There won't be serious drama until unrest begins in SA. Also, there is talk on the ground of a new oil embargo depending on how politics go down in the ME. It's possible considering the way Egypt went. If SA goes all bets are off.

top topics

join