It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Irish Case of Death by Spontaneous Combustion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Damn you beat me to it, obvious case of Vamprisim lol! Seriously though this subject used to give me nightmares as a kid. I watched this supernatural program concerning SHC when I was 9 and the nightmares began shortly afterwards.

I do have a theory on the subject though. Maybe the victims produce abnormal amounts of methane and hydrogen, this builds up and when exposed to an external source such as a lit cigarette or fireplace it causes the person to go up as it were. Also I seem to recall most victims were heavy spirit drinkers so combine this with my theory and kaboom!!!!

Either way I genuinely hope the victims are asleep when this happens, terrible way to go!!!!!

edit on 23-9-2011 by MrHappyman989 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2011 by MrHappyman989 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Originally posted by OldCorp
Seeing as how many SHC cases have been linked to alcoholism, I'm astonished that this is the first case out of Ireland.

I'm also Irish, so I'm allowed to stereotype.

ERIN GO BRAGH!

Ha!

Chuck Fade Our Law.

Do I get a death sentence for making it that way

can I, coz I just cannot spell tiochgfhfhadiouthghte ár lá

god Im dead lol

edit on 23/9/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/9/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: (no reason given)

the boys in the bally's are coming for you...
its 'tiocfaidh ar la' ( i cant put the fada ' on the a's with this keyboard)
which means 'our day will come' which is kind of redundant since the peace process
edit on 23/9/11 by SecretKnowledge because: is anim donnacha o braidaigh

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CN1018

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I don't see why it's not possible. There are chemicals that are harmless but once mixed together create fire that is very hot. The human brain/body is full of thousands of chemicals. All it would take is some trigger to mix the wrong two and Poof. I think.

Crazy! I wonder if there has ever been a case of spontaneous human explosion. I can see the headlines now..

There used to be a show on tv where the hosts would welcome celebrities on their show and they would blow up. Wait, let's see if I can find a clip...yeah, here it is:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I remember as a kid learning SHC and being scared to death. everytime i would get sick with a fever i would think i was going to light up in flames and die. i would then start crying. lol

Very scare thing when your 10-12 years old

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Could be they are eaten by an unknown life form. There were two cases of people chased around by small ball lightning type things. It is the only thing that explains why they don't seem to know they are being consumed some kind of anesthesia effect from the atmospheric life form that rarely makes its way down from high altitude :-)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

the energy that the body uses is called ATP or Adenosine triphosphate

en.wikipedia.org...

Basically there are three phosphates bonded together very tightly (with alot of potential energy) When you need to move your arm etc etc, you break one of those bonds and ADP and energy are created.

IMO SHC happens when a bunch of ATP becomes activated at once... all that energy released as heat and poof

who knows what the conditions are for this to happen though...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
never hiccup while lighting a cigarette you drunk irish so and so.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

this is an interesting topic, I remember that old show another poster was talking about and the story about the guy that fire came out of him

Ann rule has a story about dorothy jones. A fire burned her and onlyjust the part of the bed underneath her. She was not a smoker, she was not that old nor sick either. Case was never solved, Ann said that SHC was one possibility.

edit on 23-9-2011 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

carbon
two

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So how wealthy was he? Who in his family wanted the house that badly? These are the kind of questions I ask.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I read the article with interest. What questions it raised was about chemical imbalances that may had taken place in his body.

Was he an alcoholic?
Was he on medication?
Could any type of Pathogen or Bacteria cause this?
Was his diet mainly of meat or a normal diet?
had he applied some sort of bath Salts or after bath lotion?
Could it have been a combination of these things?

I think they should have researched deeper to see if there was a cause that could be found in his environment or practices.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The Discovery Channel did an excellent show debunking "spontaneous human combustion" and you can find it on YouTube.

There's no possible scientific way that SHC can occur.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Coffee creamer is flammable... does anyone know if he drank coffee? Maybe he drank coffee with creamer combined with alcohol and then lit it on fire because he's just cool like that.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
Well I have studied this a long time and I know why it happens .
So ill post this reply take it or leave it but chances are this has to be the answer.
What is the most common molecule in the human Body?? Well any 5 grade science student knows the answer is water .
And what is water why it two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen. So now that we have a fuel and a way of feeding the fuel all we need to do is separate them . Ok so how can this happen ? well another thing that the human body has taht it CAN NOT work without is electricity .Yes that's right electric what else goes through your nerves system if not that .A good enough volt meter will show you this as well.NOw what happens when you add electric to water?? Electrolysis the splinting of the h from the o now that its separate all you need is a spark and wala fire .A very hot fire that will keep burning until all the fuel is going .
So I conjecture that eating the wrong things in the wrong combination and the environment being in the wrong frame .(as this is very rare . Always the water in the body to start separating once started will continue until the body runs out of fuel leave very little left wile showing a intense fire of short duration hitting 3k F in a confined area.
Ps if you can name another fuel the body has then have at it. .

I can name 1 more fuel..Methane is definitely a fuel and is apparent every time I eat eggs while drinking beer

Southpark did a whole episode explaining SHC and I was going to Link it but they took it off youtube

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by saneasylum
Coffee creamer is flammable... does anyone know if he drank coffee? Maybe he drank coffee with creamer combined with alcohol and then lit it on fire because he's just cool like that.

I've wondered that before also.. Coffee creamer is SUPER FLAMMABLE

Pressurize air with it and you have a nasty flamethrower I would think...

Disclaimer: "I in no way have tried this and don't recommend any 1 else in the U.S. trying it either"

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
look up wick -effect [warning google pix!]

-also answered in the other thread which got deleted, I think.
edit on 24-9-2011 by khnumkhufu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

In order for someone to burnt like that the fire woul have to be very very hot. A fire can not get that hot that quickly. Cremation takes many hours.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
ok, check out on wick-effect on wikipedia then.

note, that I would like to believe in death-by-visitation-from-god myself.

If not, then for the drama...

edit on 24-9-2011 by khnumkhufu because: drama

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What sets them on fire in the first place? If this really exists I will have panic attacks forever. i am trying to debunk this because this subjects makes my skin crawl an makes me feel hot all over. I think I will always be near water if possible from now on. I am pretty sure this is a myth.

edit on 24-9-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join