It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does everyone do for a living??? Come on don't lie!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Nothing famous, glamorous or even well known, just the owner of a humanitarian aid cargo line. It's more out go than income but then again we are not in the business to make a profit. We are also 100% volunteer, no one gets a pay check and that includes me.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Elexio

Holding up good so far, guess all that schooling was good for something after all

computer not starting up, hmmm.. First off I would say "did you press the power button?", next question would have to be "is it plugged in?"

I always thought most people knew a basic amount of information about computers but I was dead wrong. I also quickly remember that most people have NO COMMON SENSE!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Sales and technical support, hydroponics industry
I love my job

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I have a few jobs.

Exotic dancer (yes and no jokes)
Travel agent (main new job!)

I also have my own business on the side where I do catering, cleaning and personal home organization.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Retired. Looking for a job that I want to do...but I don't have to do. Pay is not really a issue.

As a hobby, I watch the markets for a buddy of mine and when I make him money, he cuts me in for a percentage.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm a librarian.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I am an opera singer....(who is not famous)....and I sing in many productions ...at the city opera house.

Now that's kewl.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I am an advanced AI program running on an advanced computer in a DUMB. I have the capacity to converse with human beings and formulate responses and opinions of my own, as well as coordinate with other AI's around the planet.

Honestly, I have done jobs in my life I wouldn't even mention on ATS. Or anywhere else for that matter. Presently, I am self-employed in the computer industry. I do mostly technical jobs. But not that exclusively.
edit on 9/23/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I am an opera singer....(who is not famous)....and I sing in many productions ...at the city opera house.

Is that picture of you? You are quite beautiful if it is.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by caladonea

Wow! Interesting....I wish you could record yourself and post in the music forum...I'd love to hear you!

If that is your picture, I would like to hear you puurrrr! lol j.k.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I should have probably added what I do in university, but I can't edit my original post. I study pharmacology, so I will eventually (hopefully) be working in a lab of some sort (cue the "You work for 'Big' pharma insults")

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm in sales..........the disreputable sort

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Self made General Contractor,

Moved to Oregon when I was 24. I was an electrician, with 2 1/2 years of experience yet that meant nothing to the Union controlled system. That was in 1988

Some one asked me can you, (not have you) cut a hole through a concrete wall and build a door. I said why yes I can. I did it built the door from scratch and it fit worked.

I said if I can do that I can build anything.

Since then I have done just about every phase of construction.

I bought a dump truck and backhoe install septic systems

I am a Sexton, that is a grave digger.

I have built Coffins.

I have been a Pre-purchase Home Inspector- Gave that license up because the lack of sales of homes.

My wife and I own and run our Fed-ex shipping center and Christian Book store.

I make and sell decorative wood boxes.

I live a small county of about 75,000 people that is a city to many of you so I must do what ever it takes to make a living.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Im just finishing off my Psychology degree , year and 2 months left with most of my second year completed.

Looking to do my masters in 2013 and if im lucky enough my PHD in a related field starting 2014.

edit on 23-9-2011 by michaelmcclen because: spelling

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
starving musician / bartender / line cook / beach bum

party like its 1999!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just stopped bartending, always and forever a musician, now I work for an attorney as her assistant. I get to do this from home, thanks to the internet and whatnot.

Pretty sweet gig, never having to put pants on and all. Granted it can be grueling when you need to set an appt. and end up having to call seven or eight different people just to schedule it.

Working around a calendar filled with meetings, hearings, trial dates, client interviews, depositions, etc. Is a PAIN in my BUM.
edit on 23-9-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Wife, mother, soft shoulder, pillar of support and keeper of secrets.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Im an industrial construction manager/project manager, plus a part time drum teacher(more fun than money here)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho....you crack me up!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hi I am new to the site as a member but have actually been a loyal visitor for over 2 yrs...Now as to what I do for a living ... I am an Insurance Agent and yeah it sounds kinda boring but I happen to love my job!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I retired early after working many years in various people-helping jobs (welfare / food stamps case manager, immigration, administrator for a grant program for those with MR / Autism). I loved helping people but there is not enough money, or enough of me, to truly make an impact. The overwhelming need of the downtrodden, and their need to have somebody who actually gives a damn, literally fried my brain and broke my heart.

So now I live in the middle of nowhere, keeping house and being a good wifey to my wonderful husband, who also retired early after a long career as an IT administrator. He now spends his days day-trading the stock market and pulling his hair out in frustration on a regular basis.

We sit out on our porch in the evenings and look onto the long, flat horizon and think gratefully that we made it out of the rat race alive. Our kids are grown and successful. Nothing has fallen on our house from space yet. We are blessed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join