It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy: The Great Vatican Bank Mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
By Peter Stoler;Barry Kalb;Jonathan Beaty

A tale of two deaths, twelve investigations and missing millions

Two suicides, both of which could conceivably be murder. As much as $1.2 billion in unsecured loans. The failure of Italy's huge Banco Ambrosiano, which has left more than 200 international financial institutions holding the bag for millions in loans. A scandal that has threatened the stability of the entire international banking system and has begun to bring about subtle changes in the way the world's major banks do business. A secret plot to undermine the government of Italy and to change the shape of politics in several Latin American countries.

Even if these were the only ingredients, the story would still be intriguing enough for a Robert Ludlum thriller. But an added element is making the scandal that has rocked the world of international finance one of the most compelling real-life mysteries of the century: the involvement of the Istituto per le Opere di Religione (I.O.R.), better known as the Vatican bank.

Read more: www.time.com...

This also lead to the death of Pope John Paul I he was looking into this scandal and about to do some major house cleaning which made him rather unpopular with the fascist masonic lodge p-2 and the Curia and the head of the Vatican Bank Bishop Paul Marcinkus.For those who wish to read further:In God's Name.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The date on the article is 1982?
Is there more on this of recent note?
I must say the RC church may wish to be seen as a poor church, but they can hardly deny they have the assets of one of the very richest orgs in the world.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
have a watch of lord blackheath foundation x on youtube all roads lead to rome the pope still rules the world not the queen of england .she bows to the lord mayor of london and asks permission to enter the city . the vatican is supposed to get 5% of all revenue gross on the planet lord blackheath died 21 days after this video tin foil hat time

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Didn't the people who died, die with expressions as if they were in pain? This was in a documentary I seen a few weeks back about the bankers/elite it was pretty fascinating.

top topics

join