It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISI bombed US embassy in Kabul, US calls them on it, Pakistan threatening to become an enemy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
But it's a bluff.

Pakistan hits out at U.S. over terrorist links comments

Pakistan has said the United States risks losing it as its ally after America's most senior military officer accused the country's intelligence service of helping carry out deadly attacks on Western targets in Afghanistan.

Addressing U.S. senators on Thursday, Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said the Haqqani network was a "veritable arm" of the ISI, Pakistan's intelligence service.

The militant group, which is believed to be based in Pakistan, conducted an attack on the U.S. embassy in Kabul last week

Continue to deny that the ISI is a bunch of terrorists Pakistan... continue to deny...

What makes me cringe is the fact that the POS Musharraf is going on TV, (the daily show more exactly) and just spew his propaganda... the guy should be UNDER ARREST not parading on TV...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thats politics though my friend. Our leaders would rather we just grinned and took the attacks on the chin for the sake of political stability. Its not that easy for people like the Admiral to take though when they understand people are dying unlike our politicians who don't care about life.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The west should be weary of Pakistan and its loyalties. I have thought this since BB got wasted!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
yes, ISI is CIA operatives in Pakistan

right?

they go by many names, ie, CIA, al queda, ted/tim osman, etc, etc

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Remember that shortly before BB met her fate. She announced that OBL was already dead, killed in th B mountains! Explains why he was supposedly quickly buried at sea.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Is Admiral Mike telling the truth, firstly? Does he have real evidence that Pakistan State Operatives did the bombing? Or is this more U.S propaganda because they want to "deal" with Pakistan millitarily and are drumming up another excuse to use millitary means? These are the vital questions.

If Pakistan State Operatives were involved, then this reveals to us that other agencies like MOSSAD are acting in a fire with fire situation. It means that Pakistan have themselves conducted a true act of terror against the U.S.

Increasingly I am of the opinion that they all play by the same rules, all is fair in love and war and all that.

I just don't know how those who instigate violence against civilians can live with it. The whole thing is cruel.

I HATE WARS! They are horrible.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Very good questions. Its easy for us to only see one point of view, I still think something isn't right though. There are a lot of anti-westerners in Pakistan obviously. In the UK we have a good number of young men coming back from 'holiday there' totally radicalised and even though the media does exagerate it that doesn't mean its a dead issue.

I believe that corruption lies everywhere in the world andcorruption doesn't just mean people trying to break rules to get rich, it also applies to people trying to further their ideology in the same way. I think its very plausable that many anti-westerners exist in these organisations and am willing to bet that some will take this further than words.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Pakistan wouldn't do that it would be suicidal, sounds like the usual bs we get fed while those in power mull over the possibilities of war with them.
But China is pakistans greatest allie and would they get involved, possibly not but we could easily see a US funded India vs a Chinese funded Pakistan war that would be catastrophic for the human race and the enviroment.

Hopefully this is just a nut job psychopathic general who will soon be getting relieved of his duty's, as the world does not need wars between nuclear nations.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
And Pakistan is still funding militants that continued to attack NATO troops in Afghanistan. Maybe we should have went over into Pakistan at the start of war on terror to clean up their mess. Would have been for the better.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Since they have nukes... no.

But we should stop funding Pakistan.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Since they have nukes... no.

But we should stop funding Pakistan.

I know and that's the problem, its no wonder why we didn't went in. What I meant that U.S. troops should have went into Pakistan to help the Pakistanis root our terrorists in their country since they can't do it for themselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious

Very good questions. Its easy for us to only see one point of view, I still think something isn't right though. There are a lot of anti-westerners in Pakistan obviously. In the UK we have a good number of young men coming back from 'holiday there' totally radicalised and even though the media does exagerate it that doesn't mean its a dead issue.

I believe that corruption lies everywhere in the world andcorruption doesn't just mean people trying to break rules to get rich, it also applies to people trying to further their ideology in the same way. I think its very plausable that many anti-westerners exist in these organisations and am willing to bet that some will take this further than words.

I totally agree with you; I live in UK, too. I can vouch for what you say about young English Muslims going away and coming back radicalised. This is a very real problem.

Yet it is like part of me understands this. When one looks at the footage say from John Pilger's most recent documentary where we see Arab civilians being gunned down like dogs, then I can see why young Arab men become so infuriated.

The nature of this beast is that for every injustice by one side it is only going to escalate the whole thing. The war will just keep on growing, dragging in more and more of the world.

Not nice to witness. The polarisation here is very dangerous to all of us. It matters to us all.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Maybe they are planning an ambitious raid to take the nukes, I certainly wouldnt be surprised but doubt that it would ever get past the drawing board.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
For the UK, the threat is now well and truly from within, as per the bombings! And the fact that we have so far stopped so many potential attacks. Its only a matter of time before one slips through the loop!

Immigration policies over the last 40 years have seriously compromised the safety of UK folk!

Also allowing large muslim (non integrated) communities/ghettos to evolve to an extent that they are like big rabbit holes where those hell bent on radicalism can hide and foster hatred etc

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
What is the difference between the ISI and the CIA or Mossad or *insert other generic intelligence agency*?
Perspective.
Kinda like the difference between freedom fighters and insurgents, terrorists vs liberators...
Perspective.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher

For the UK, the threat is now well and truly from within, as per the bombings! And the fact that we have so far stopped so many potential attacks. Its only a matter of time before one slips through the loop!

Immigration policies over the last 40 years have seriously compromised the safety of UK folk!

Also allowing large muslim (non integrated) communities/ghettos to evolve to an extent that they are like big rabbit holes where those hell bent on radicalism can hide and foster hatred etc

What you say is true. I wonder why the authorities here were/are so lapse about this? Surely, even back then they knew what would happen. There is plenty of history to draw upon and the authorities should have known how it would end up.

Now we have in the UK a very definite enemy within.

It is very sad because I lived in a Muslim area in Leicester for some years, prior to the war on terror and I never had a problem. I was treated very respectfully. It is not the same now though. I would feel very uncomfortable there now.

Scary to consider where all this is going. The U.N could do so much more. My premise is that we cannot make others believe what we believe. We cannot make Muslims vanish. On that basis we need to use diplomacy and keep a constant table on relations and negotiations through the U.N. Yet there seems to be a dominant will to perpetuate millitary action. My cynical side tells me it is all deliberate for the sake of the arms industry and other motives. If they all really had the will to solve this like grown men I think they could.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Its al too late!!!
Theres too much history
Too much hatred
Too much segregation
No respect for the people and country that provides a home
And business is business! Arms, War, Power, Money, Minerals
One day we or our children will have to fight the biggest battle ever and that will be against the muslims because the sickness is rife and the cure doesnt exist.
An because its got so bad. How can you trust your muslim neighbour? You cannot because they dont think twice about strapping a bomb to themselves and blowing up anybody nearby!
The muslim religion (like all religions) is a curse on mankind. But particularly muslim becuase it says its ok to terror, rape, murder to get what you want.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

That is a heavy perspective to carry through life friend.
I am more concerned about the financial terrorists.
There are so many distractions.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Pakistan is another toppled State by the US.

They just haven't realized it yet. One morning they'll wake up and realize it.

The few that are allowed to wake up.

Bye Bye Pakistan. Shoulda kept yer Airspace Secure.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by trouble_every_day

Not heavy for me I dont live there anymore. Left 9 years ago.

I just accept it as reality. Doesnt keep me awake nights

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join