It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy mind set. Has it affected other aspects of your life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The reason I ask is because normally I wonder if certain questioning of events can lead to bad decisions. The constant search for the truth and the feeling of being unaware or being left in the dark can lead normal people into a downward spiral of questioning everything. And lately i wonder where this type of logic can lead if uncontrolled. One aspect could stem from bad personal experiences with trust, another could be the fear of the unknown.

Right now i wonder if just being on this site and focusing on such things as hidden conspiracy's around every corner could lead your thought process to search for answers in your waking life and is ultimately unhealthy if you cannot control it. Ps i think i might have a problem when it come to relationships. I have a beautiful charming smart girlfriend who's 8 years younger. She makes me happy and sometimes i wonder if I'm getting played lol " why me comes to mind" her age comes to mind " young girl's are game players" I wonder if i don't have enough self confidence in my abilities. I feel i want to protect my self keep her at arm length but she has not given me a reason which is unfair to her but hey its early.

After the worst breakup in my life this place made me feel i wasn't alone, i have a hunger for the truth but could seeking truth in everything make you intolerable. In a world full of rap,egos and false personalities can their be real people who you can trust or is that the risk we all run while dating. So is there anyone else out there who had to take a step back from this site to keep their sanity and if anyone out their has advice on how to trust and let go your advice would be greatly and helpful.
edit on 23-9-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Dont look for conspiracies, let the conspiracies come to you. Proof of anything is hard to come by these days

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
Dont look for conspiracies, let the conspiracies come to you. Proof of anything is hard to come by these days
thank you words of wisdom right there.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

it goes for all aspects of life you know?It could be relationships like you mentioned,or insecurities at your workplace or even among friends.i understand what youre sayin,i do believe that too much of this sight could develop some sort of paranoia or other mental "illness" that could affect your ability to trust and adapt to new/old places or people due to the overwhelming negativity.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89

it goes for all aspects of life you know?It could be relationships like you mentioned,or insecurities at your workplace or even among friends.i understand what youre sayin,i do believe that too much of this sight could develop some sort of paranoia or other mental "illness" that could affect your ability to trust and adapt to new/old places or people due to the overwhelming negativity.
thank you VicDiaz you have been helpful i think i need to take a break and take it easy

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

VicDiaz89 has some really good points in his posts.

the fellow that turned me on to this site had much free time for a long time due to an unemployment situation. grown man that had to go 'home' for a while the work situation was so bad.

he spent way too much time tracking the truth, reading and researching. curious fellow. it affected how he interfaced with others. those he cared for, he would try to wake them up. you can't save everyone. led to frustration.

all is well that ends well: he rekindled an old romance and now he's bitten by the love bug, moved away to be with his sweetie, found work, they're having a wonderful time together. nice, nice. a man feels more like a man when he has a job and a woman at his side.

my head got turned around when i first came here. i've noticed many others write about it happening to them too.

balance is very important in life. all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. sticking your face in a bee-hive every day, one is bound to get stung sooner or later.

i learned to be in control of it instead of letting it be in control of me. because when i wasn't in control of it it did affect other areas of my life. planning, preparing, taking steps is fine. worrying, arguing with people, being paranoid is a waste of energy.

now i keep opinions to myself a little more, remember not to get paranoid, and enjoy reading books about alternative energy, camping and survival. i've been trying to learn how to grow my own foods, have done terrible but i'll keep on going. if you aren't enjoying it, time to step back and check yourself, that's what i learned.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Being conspiracy minded has helped in many ways rather than hinder me. But I do suppose that too much of it could be bad, just as too much of anything can be bad.

For one thing I can see right through lies and deception. For another I can practically see the corruption at any level of authority that I am working with. I can use this to my advantage at times.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Good thought and question to yourself. Skepticism is a good thing but it can become a disease with the day to day life if not kept in check. You have to broaden the horizon and thought process transcendentally to fully understand the nature of conspiracy.

Once you logoff the ATS website, you should reflect back upon yourself on a daily basis as per what you learned. Take things with a grain of salt and keep the ideas to yourself and research them as time permits. Lead a normal life as you have been brought upto live by your parents/society. Do not try to introduce changes abruptly to your life or family. Gradual changes in thought process followed by gradual changes in practical life might help (again it all depends). Disclosing all your thought process and sudden changes in your belief system and practical life based on ATS will make you look like a Nutcase or can possibly land in you legal trouble too as every state/province/country has different laws.

edit on 23-9-2011 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
For the first 2 years after I got into this stuff I constantly worried and let it affect other parts of my life. Once I began to look at things from a more philosophical approach and got in touch with my spiritual side and higher self (not religion just to be clear) the fear went away and ultimately I feel my search for knowledge has greatly helped my attitude, mood, and overall outlook on life and what's TRULY important in this life. I still get sad at times when no one in my life knows about these things or even cares to know and I often catch myself wondering if the blue pill is a better choice and if ignorance really is bliss. This stuff is deep and all the knowledge can feel like a huge weight at times but those thoughts are fleeting. I am glad I know what I know and I feel I'm an all around better person because of it. I've learned to change that which I can control and leave the rest for the Universe to sort out. Whatever happens I know all will be as it should and I no longer have fear in my heart. I wish everyone peace on their journey in this life and the next. Nothing is pointless unless you miss the lessons along the way, and I am grateful for the hardships because without them I wouldn't be able to fully appreciate the joys.

new topics

top topics

join