It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia Matters!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The biggest threat to Australia are Bogans. Millions of individuals who don't give a #, live like crap, have no respect and keep breeding and passing down their scum beliefs of ignorance.

Mate ofm ine just came back to Australia after lving inv the US for 11 years and can't believe how much Australia has changed. I'd like to talk to him somem ore and maybe get his thoughts downj and post on here.

he said being here for a week now that it's like coming back to a nation that's full of useless Zombies.

No reply was no # batman.

Political wise, i hope we get a new PM soon, ours sucks right now. But i am no fan of TA, the man is just as screwed.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesGC
The biggest threat to Australia are Bogans. Millions of individuals who don't give a #, live like crap, have no respect and keep breeding and passing down their scum beliefs of ignorance.

Mate ofm ine just came back to Australia after lving inv the US for 11 years and can't believe how much Australia has changed. I'd like to talk to him somem ore and maybe get his thoughts downj and post on here.

he said being here for a week now that it's like coming back to a nation that's full of useless Zombies.

No reply was no # batman.

Political wise, i hope we get a new PM soon, ours sucks right now. But i am no fan of TA, the man is just as screwed.

Where abouts are you?

The biggest threat in my opinion is the illusion of wealth, these people that have a house, car, TV and a maccas to take their kids to on a Saturday seems to instill arrogance, ignorance and a completely distorted view of the world.

In your opinion, who was the last good PM we had?

What's scary is if Australia looks like a nation of zombies compared to the U.S....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I live just south of Sydney, in a place called Wollongong.

It's neither city, nor rural, thus pretty much suburbia, which as we know about suburbia, is well...it's # and full of people that know nor care about much to be honest. Except for eat fast foot and take their dog for a run every morning to keep fit. Oversized homes, 3 cars, no backyard and the likes.

Last good PM?

Probably before my lifetime to be honest. Was born in 81, so all i know of is Hawk and onwards.

I understand Howard was a racist mother - but i preferred his fighting spirit over this crap factor of today. Nobody might not have liked his policies, but least he had some, unlike today where its BS.

But ignorance is bliss, and I’m far from such.

I think what i fear the most from Australia is the young kids, the new generation. I really, REALLY feel like they are so retarded. The don't question, all they care about is materialistic junk, the have no respect for history/past, no the present and the consequences for their actions. Not all, but so many.

I look at young kids and i see a product from a nation that likes to dumb down. They are our future and it scares the crap out of me.

I've got an almost 17 year old who had to phone home because she got kicked out of an over 18 concert and i she didn't know how to get home (FFS!!!) so i told her to go at the closest intersection and give me the names of the roads.....she’s like....what is an intersection.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The illusion of wealth doesn't bother me to much.

The illusion that money is everything does.

You look at young people and how they spend money and i think things will change. As long as they can afford an internet connection, a smart phone and have enough for fast food they'll be happy.

This said, i lived in an area with big homes with most houses only having one income earner. After 08, half the subburb was for sale. They got what they deserved though in my opinion.

Edit

Pirate, one thing Australia does not have is simple. We don't have connection in our societies. There is no real community Maybe in Queensland where they are more down to earth).

But this guy lived in Texas and he said everyone knew everyone and that if you qwent missing for a few days, you had 20-30 people coming over seeing if you're fine. People can disagree, but i feel we do not have this, not even anything close.
edit on 26-9-2011 by JamesGC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesGC

I live just south of Sydney, in a place called Wollongong.

It's neither city, nor rural, thus pretty much suburbia, which as we know about suburbia, is well...it's # and full of people that know nor care about much to be honest. Except for eat fast foot and take their dog for a run every morning to keep fit. Oversized homes, 3 cars, no backyard and the likes.

Last good PM?

Probably before my lifetime to be honest. Was born in 81, so all i know of is Hawk and onwards.

I understand Howard was a racist mother - but i preferred his fighting spirit over this crap factor of today. Nobody might not have liked his policies, but least he had some, unlike today where its BS.

But ignorance is bliss, and I’m far from such.

I think what i fear the most from Australia is the young kids, the new generation. I really, REALLY feel like they are so retarded. The don't question, all they care about is materialistic junk, the have no respect for history/past, no the present and the consequences for their actions. Not all, but so many.

I look at young kids and i see a product from a nation that likes to dumb down. They are our future and it scares the crap out of me.

I've got an almost 17 year old who had to phone home because she got kicked out of an over 18 concert and i she didn't know how to get home (FFS!!!) so i told her to go at the closest intersection and give me the names of the roads.....she’s like....what is an intersection.

Ah ok, I've never been to Wollongong, I'm in South/Port Melbourne which is similar sh*t man, but we have the yuppy, obnoxious, self proclaimed bourgeoisie with 2 BMW's and a $750,000--> property combined with blocks of public housing and a few towers- it is an absolute melting pot. As for me though, I'm tucked away in a modest house in an alleyway

I was born in 88, so you've got a few years on me.

I COMPLETELY agree about the youth of today- my little brothers approaching 18, he's a good kid with a good heart but he doesn't know of too much happening outside of his bubble as much as I try to lead him down the right path.

As for other kids, their brain is MUSH, Facebook is reality (God I hate that sh*t) and the only people worth taking note of are on TV or the radio...IF MY HEAD WASN'T SHAVED I'D OF PULLED MY HAIR OUT!

There is no social awareness and they may as well have an Australian Citizen ID number tattooed on their wrist.

Myself and my mrs live with my best mate and his and the girls are good friends. My mates girlfriends 17 year old sister stayed a few days over the weekend and if she is any example to go by, we are farrrrrrrrrrrrrked when these kids become legal adults- they have no idea about the world outside of Australia (bar America) and couldn't care less.

Worrying days ahead if these kids don't wake up.

EDIT: Completely agree about kids, internet smart phones and fast food. When I was that age I was putting posters up around my school questioning the 9/11 attacks and defending the image of Muslims against the MSM onslaught!

The only place I've experienced that type of community vibe is Tasmania when I visited in Easter- awesome place well worth the trip down.
edit on 26/9/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I love talking about odd crap to my misses girl, you know like comets, doomsday stuff, for fun and all. She seriously gets freaked out. I think some of these kids think they'll live forever and/or will try too and the thought about stuff like that puts her into massive depression. We can thank MSN for that i think.

Another issue i have in Australia is family. I blame it because we are such a young nation. If we were only founded a few centuries earlier.

You look at Asia, Africa, South America where when parents get older, families bring them back in and look after them, care for them. Out here, the thought of that makes me laugh so bloody hard. Most people can't wait to get rid of family forever, except for the new generation who i think want to live at home until they're 30, because mommies and daddies wallet is so close by!

Even America has more family care then here. Least they have Thanks Giving where family friends get together, have a good meal and be together for respect. Out here we have Australia day where its about getting away from such a hard life, find your drinking buddy and get drunk before noon and act like an arse.

Not sure where it all stems from, but i put some blame on parents who feel its their right to be the best friend they can be, as opposed to be a frigging parent and bringing the kid up right.

My partner always says, what can she do. She’s a victim of the above and IMO has faaacked up her daughters early life. She doesn't even go to school and just goes to averaged concerts. Tried getting a job once but she got depressed and couldn't handle it. Bull frigging #e!

edit on 26-9-2011 by JamesGC because: Fixing up.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

That's ridiculous about your partners daughter...every kid in this country thinks the whole bloody world owes them something and that it's OK for them to be f**k ups because they've been through whatever it is they manifest it all based upon...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It's funny how many people mention the attitudes of younger aussies these days (my gods, how old does that make me sound!) they act as though they are the centre of the universe and I have a theory, I'd be glad to get your feedback on. My idea is that these kids were all bought up being told they were special and unique, not sure if that has come from their home lives or school. I seriously think they are the result of poor discipline. These kids grew up knowing they wouldn't be punished if they stepped out of line. I remember as a kid if we were (for example) mucking around in a park, say throwing rocks, and an adult came by and told us to stop, we would sh*t bricks and run home and behave ourselves for fear our parents would hear about it. These days, nobody would even speak out for fear of being labelled a paedo, or the kids' parents coming after you for daring to yell at their precious children...
Thoughts ATS-aussies?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverkiss

I agree. I'm only 22 (23 in November) but I believe the problem lies in the generation that has come after mine, whilst we didn't get hit at school or anything our elders definitely applied discipline.

Kids these days do act as if they're all special and have a God given right to act like little pricks and from what I can see/hear they have absolutely no work ethic or realisation of sacrifice (ie time for wages) for gain, they act as if the world owes them something.

They need a bloody stark wake up.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I live in Central vic in a modest miners cottage. We grow our vegies and fruit and feed half dozen or so chooks. I'm also a bit older than most of you :-]

Our recent water bill was almost $300 of which $36 was for water, the rest being charges. A desal plant won't do much for us except increase further charges even though we're some distance from Melbourne. We will all have to pay!!

As for our pm (ms gill-brown) .... totally stuffed up our country and way of life .... I'm holding my breath as to how much our cost of living will increase especially power and gas when the carbon tax comes in. Another total hoax.

How many of Aussies here have heard of Mantle mining? This company is planning an open cut stretching from the Bacchus Marsh region all the way to Geelong to mine brown coal to be exported overseas!!
NOT HAPPY, JAN!!!

IMO our beautiful country is now so stuffed up, there's no turning back. We have little or no industry and an ever increasing population. Highest prices in the world and who can really blame the young ones for wanting to live it up! What future is there for them!
We have an unelected pm and a minority government and they DON"T listen to what the people are saying. Give us an election ... please ... but then ... what's the alternative!! No one I can see capable of pulling us out of the S###t we're in now.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

If your step kids are acting out like bogans......

says alot about the partner you're with!

My 2 teen sons know more of whats going on both in Australia and the outside world than most adults between 20-45!

edit on 24-1-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Our biggest threat in Australia right now are those drop kick illegal boat people and the betrayal and lies of our own PM who has shown more loyalty to Obozo than her own fellow Australians.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join