It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The vanishing passengers: It's a mystery as bizarre as it is disturbing - why have 165 people gone

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
""International Cruise Victims Association""

That Association was made by a son of a Vietnamese born couple who were Americans. Both were in perfect health and mysteriously disappeared from the ship.

A Cruise ship is the perfect place for criminals. Once in the middle of the ocean, toss your victim overboard.

Poor-middle class Americans travel Cruise Ships....many of them are racist. Old Vietnamese couple....buh bye..... ka-splash!

It ain't a just world. Lots of evil, even on Cruise Ships.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

I would say that these "missing" people got off at a port and didn't get back on the ship for whatever reason. maybe it was their clever way of evading law enforcement. Either that or the greys got them.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well, that's just over 10 people per year, and for the number of people who travel in this way that really isn't a large percentage.
I'll bet if we looked at the numbers of those reported missing after any other form of journey the numbers would probably be higher.

Also, how many of these people actually vanished while on land in another country, wanting to disappear? If you wanted to start a new life somewhere and you had a little intelligence and skill, there are worse ways to do it than stopping off while on a cruise and just starting a new life.

With ten a year, I think there's probably a mixture of people wanting to vanish and stopping off somewhere, people being murdered, and people having accidents or committing suicide. I don't think it's really that surprising.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Depending on who's figures you go by, between 150 million and 240 million people have taken a cruise liner holiday since 1995.

160 - 200 people out of that many if very small numbers indeed. I haven't worked out the percentages, but it's very small.

About 10 - 20 people a year is what we're talking about.

Some of those will be suicides..without doubt.

Some of them will be accidents.

Some will be murders.

Some will be people deliberately 'going missing' to start a new life as someone else.

I don't really see how such small numbers, 10 or 20 people about of 10 - 17 million per year is significant or mysterious?

More children go missing every single year and are never found...100's of thousands actually...now THAT is really worrying.

I'd like to know how so many numbers of kids go missing, and most people are unaware of how many there actually is.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

in the uk the RNLI(royal national lifeboat institution)created a device called gaurdian MOB , it was invented for the fishing fleet and works by all crew wearing something similar to a pager, if a crew member leaves the vicinity of the vessel ie falls overboard then once out of a set range an alarm sounds in the wheel house and after 2 minutes an automated distress is sent to the RNLI which is forwarded to the coastgaurd to initiate a rescue from the last known position.
would it be possible to incorporate a system similar to this on a cruise liner? possible but trying to get people to remember to carry around the unit would be a problem. the second problem would be that although it would alert the bridge the cruise liner would probably be out of range of an effective SAR asset to assist in a rescue.
a second thought springs to mind, how many people have dissapeared in the same timescale from package holidays?
www.rnli.org.uk...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I clicked on the link at the beginning of this thread and scrolled through all the many stories and can't find it, there is no way to do a search there either.

Sounds like an interesting article and I would like to read it.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Can't comment on the cruise statistics although its understandable.

My best friend's husband disappeared at the millenium. He went off to get a newspaper just three minutes down the road and never came back.

He has never touched a penny in any of his bank accounts, contacted or been seen by any of his friends and family.

This man disapeared from the centre of a town where he was well known into thin air and there has been no trace of him whatsoever for 11 years. It is a genuine mystery as to what happened to him.

I can understand the possibility of disappearing off a cruise liner although I would have thought there would have been a search as soon as the missing individual was noticed. But my friend's husband disappeared in the centre of a busy town, nobody reported anyone disappearing infront of their eyes, but he has literally done just that. Th

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
sounds like israel has been busy according to this thread...here's a little insight:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

That may be but it is completely unrelated to the issue of this thread. Please refrain from going off-topic so that the quality of threads can remain intact.

Just saying...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
One poster said this could be a way to get a work force for D.U.M.B.s. Just to throw out a wild idea, what about populating off world colonies? Subjects to see if a planet can sustain humans? Or, experiments right here on Earth.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
doesnt surprise me after seeing vids like this one

edit on 23-9-2011 by Vamp333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by redNyx
reply to post by patternfinder

That may be but it is completely unrelated to the issue of this thread. Please refrain from going off-topic so that the quality of threads can remain intact.

Just saying...

my point is that it's the israelis that are probably taking these "missing passengers"

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes
Could it be they are just throwing themselves over board tired of life... perhaps a husband or wife getting tired of those matrimonial vows, or worse, made to order slave/kidnapping ring.

According to the U.S.-based International Cruise Victims Association, 165 people have gone missing at sea since 1995, with at least 13 this year alone Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Whatever happened to these people it wasn't in broad daylight and never when the moon is out apparently

Most of these people disappeared on black nights, far out at sea.

If you are planning on foreign soil cruises keep a detailed record of your plans and copies even stores neighborhoods or dining establishments in your cabin at least if this does happen to you the authorities will have a place to start. Carry a knife no matter what, and never make plans over long distance phone calls that can be tracked or make large purchases in port... just screams milk me for money. My heart goes out to these lost people and their families.

I would be suspicious of anyone inviting me on a cruise for free. Out there in the open water, you can get someone alone on a corner of the deck somewhere by inticing them with a little sexual adventure, get them drunk and maybe a little high, and you can push them right over without anyone even knowing what happened. Just make sure no one sees you as the last person with them alive. Th worlds oceans are a convenient murder weapon as many have found out, and being that far from land the body will be eaten by sharks.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

165 people have gone missing at sea since 1995, with at least 13 this year alone

165 people in 13 16 years lost to the sea? That is a pretty good statistic if you ask me...compared to stuff like this:

By the end of 2005, there were 109,531 active missing person records according to the US Department of Justice.
---
Royal Canadian Mounted Police missing child statistics for a ten year period [3] show a total of 60,582 missing children in 2007.

secure.wikimedia.org...

edit on 23-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: changed 13 to 16

13 missing this year? Yeah that's really good...unless you've booked a cruise.
Let's count casualties of war - think I have you beat there, numbers wise.

There are threads on missing children (and the 400% increase in abductions since '07) People say its parents taking their own kids. I think that's wishful thinking.

Anyhoo, this thread is about cruise ship passengers being taken advantage of and thrown overboard in open waters. You can't really investigate your husbands disappearance, you have no recourse, there is no Amber alert and no story in the paper since you were "no where" when it happened - it is Nobody's News.

It is heartbreaking and tragic for people who have lost loved ones.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by research100
I clicked on the link at the beginning of this thread and scrolled through all the many stories and can't find it, there is no way to do a search there either.

Sounds like an interesting article and I would like to read it.

International Cruise Victims Association

www.internationalcruisevictims.org...

The vanishing passengers: It's a mystery as bizarre as it is disturbing - why have 165 people gone missing from cruise ships in recent years? Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Disappearance from ships is only bizarre because it is so well documented. You have a record of who boarded and a record of who debarked. These records are kept meticulously on most ships. So if someone gets on and never arrives, he must either be at the bottom of the sea or in a space ship somewhere. Thus, murder, abduction, and suicide are the most probable causes.

But to get a comparison with what happens on land, look at, for instance, the estimated number of people held in slavery today. It is estimated to be a least 10 million people, probably many more. I have also see a "found" rate for people reported "missing" on land of about 99.5%. If about 500,000 people are reported missing per year, that would mean that 2,500 a year go missing and stay that way.

As a anecdote, I have met a man who decided to start a school for homeless children in Calcutta (now known as Kolkata). He said in a talk about his experience that he had to argue with armed men one day who were leading several children away. He found out they were planning to sell the children for body parts (organs, tissue, blood).

So that gives you an idea of the evil that occurs daily on this planet. It is not pleasant to think of, but it is real. Those disappearing from ships are the tip of a very large iceberg.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by da pickles
reply to post by newcovenant

in the uk the RNLI(royal national lifeboat institution)created a device called gaurdian MOB , it was invented for the fishing fleet and works by all crew wearing something similar to a pager, if a crew member leaves the vicinity of the vessel ie falls overboard then once out of a set range an alarm sounds in the wheel house and after 2 minutes an automated distress is sent to the RNLI which is forwarded to the coastgaurd to initiate a rescue from the last known position.
would it be possible to incorporate a system similar to this on a cruise liner? possible but trying to get people to remember to carry around the unit would be a problem. the second problem would be that although it would alert the bridge the cruise liner would probably be out of range of an effective SAR asset to assist in a rescue.
a second thought springs to mind, how many people have dissapeared in the same timescale from package holidays?
www.rnli.org.uk...

I see a time when this becomes necessary and it is good to know something like this exists, thanks for that. I was reading comments in one of the links and they are interesting. One person suggests there may be a serial killer working aboard. Another says he works on the ships, its impossible to fall overboard and he thinks people getting drunk and I guess throwing themselves over is the cause. A man says his own wife almost blew overboard in a stiff wind and the boat pitched. (Must have been a small ship) How many vanished from package holiday trips? I don't know but wonder why you ask. Are you seeing a connection?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

At least a few must be suicide

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Some will be food for the elite passengers. Those that like to try new foods!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher

Some will be food for the elite passengers. Those that like to try new foods!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
For when the trip just takes ...that much to long...!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join