It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The vanishing passengers: It's a mystery as bizarre as it is disturbing - why have 165 people gone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Could it be they are just throwing themselves over board tired of life... perhaps a husband or wife getting tired of those matrimonial vows, or worse, made to order slave/kidnapping ring.

According to the U.S.-based International Cruise Victims Association, 165 people have gone missing at sea since 1995, with at least 13 this year alone Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Whatever happened to these people it wasn't in broad daylight and never when the moon is out apparently

Most of these people disappeared on black nights, far out at sea.

If you are planning on foreign soil cruises keep a detailed record of your plans and copies even stores neighborhoods or dining establishments in your cabin at least if this does happen to you the authorities will have a place to start. Carry a knife no matter what, and never make plans over long distance phone calls that can be tracked or make large purchases in port... just screams milk me for money. My heart goes out to these lost people and their families.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

I dont believe its a mystery at all add alcohol and water and that's a bad combination.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Yeah I did muse about such a possibility however not all of the disappearances were with people seen drinking and carousing before they went invisible. I wonder what some of these people did in their professional lives...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Suicide, Abduction, Human Trafficking, Black market body parts, Demon possession?

I read this on wed, sure is a strange thing that so many people just vanished..

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Ive always wondered that question, what ever happens to all the missing people... no one can just vanish of the face of the earth, sure some might be accidents that eliminates some of the missing but the rest? also i know its not the topic but along the same lines... does anyone wonder what happened to the "real" passengers of the 9/11 planes? thats alot of missing people if the planes that went into the buildings wern't the same ones that left the airport. Another example of this is the "pentagon plane" which was a missle! Where is the plane with the people, missing like thousands of other people who just vanish! (sorry for being a little off topic).

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Already thought about this. If I ever went on a cruise I would REQUIRE the cruise ship company provide me with a track-able wristband and wear a wrist locator with some kind of GPS tracking device because when you fall over board at night ...they will never find you unless they know exactly where you are.
There are many worst case scenarios. You are on international waters and so basically there are no laws. The staff working aboard ship are often little more than indentured servants working long hours for low pay and they sometimes can resent people they are waiting on. This drunk guy and his gorgeous young wife also drunk can easily get separated and picked off. Fights among staff and paying guests may end badly. Valuables flaunted purchased in port may prove too much temptation and worth killing for, some people do fall over board by accident drunk at night but as many are foul play. In Miami I knew a couple that worked on ships and shared horror stories and cautionary tales.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

165 people have gone missing at sea since 1995, with at least 13 this year alone

165 people in 13 16 years lost to the sea? That is a pretty good statistic if you ask me...compared to stuff like this:

By the end of 2005, there were 109,531 active missing person records according to the US Department of Justice.
---
Royal Canadian Mounted Police missing child statistics for a ten year period [3] show a total of 60,582 missing children in 2007.

secure.wikimedia.org...

edit on 23-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: changed 13 to 16

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
your thread regarding missing persons reminded me to look at the bigger picture, here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by ignant

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

You want to make a workforce for the D.U.M.B.S.?

Let's take three countries, Canada, the US and the UK. The child missing stats are 66,000, 650,000 and 150,000 every year without a trace. Add to that missing adults between the three of another 500,000 per year. Now, where the hell do all these people go? Kids that are 4 to 12 years old generally don't have the smarts to manufacture fake ID. Teens between 12 and 17, well maybe some are runaways and others are exported for use in the sex/slave trade. Adults, some may just want to fall off the radar, but not all. Remember, that these people rarely if ever show again, kids, teens or adults.

If you wanted a trainable workforce, you start with trainable minds and I would expect kids between 12 and 18 would work out best. The rest I guess would be kept fed, housed and would be taught the basics until their necessary injection into the underground workforce.

But more importantly, children are our future, why is there so little impetus placed on finding them? Something is not right here, the kids especially should be found.

Cheers - Dave

^ whoaa, didnt realize that many American youth/people are missing, in the millions and over half a million more each year added onto that.

so apparently MORE THAN 500,000 MEN WOMEN & CHILDREN go missing EACH YEAR!

those figures are staggering, and considering each year a new batch of the same just short of a million each year.

where are all those people going?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I thought about that too. And that is true, I believe its more the consistency of the disappearances is the real question the article is trying to bring to light. and the fact that goods lost with the person end up being returned to family members, maybe some fisherman found it floating, though I think the chances of that are slim.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Theres a good chance that opportunists are at work in many of these cases for whatever return!!

No better way to cover up a crime and commit murder!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Them Reptiles gotta eat.

that's 8 football stadiums full of people. And yeah they do grind the bones up to powder their faces.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
www.trutv.com...reply to post by ignant

Here is another source that states 2001 we had 840k missing in that year alone

We are at 900,000 this year?!?! that is just a lot of people to go missing, whether they just gave up their lives and left committed suicide or met with nefarious ends is a mystery that will stand until the missing show back up one way or another.

edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

About half of the roughly 800,000 missing juvenile cases in 2001 involved runaways, and another 200,000 were classified as family abductions related to domestic or custody disputes.
This part of the article indicated there was probably around 800K in total, but a lot of them were figured out. What's more important is the people who disappear without a trace, especially the children. I do not believe for a second so many children go missing due to natural circumstances, they could be used for underground personal or something like that, I have no idea.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Well,even if you take half of those disappearing for nefarious reasons,or just getting off the grid to start a new life,you still have a LARGE some of people who VANISH into thin air. I say thin air,because in most cases,it actually is. With the advent of Cameras on every street corner in some places,global positioning,etc.....I think you get my point.Roanoke,Ancient Civilizations,Bermuda Triangle,Local Bar.

Worson was a shoemaker who lived in Warwickshire, England. He was prone to bragging about his prowess as a long-distance runner, and on September 3, 1873, he was challenged by two friends, linen draper Barham Wise and photographer Hamerson Burns, to run the 40 mile distance from Leamington to Coventry. Worson accepted and started jogging while his friends followed closely in a horse-drawn cart. Worson ran easily for several miles, conversing along the way with his friends. Suddenly, when he was only a half dozen yards from them, and with their eyes fixed upon him, Worson appeared to stumble in the middle of the road. He then fell forward and, as he went down, gave out an awful cry of terror. He then vanished completely. Burns and Wise searched frantically, but couldn't find a trace of their friend who appeared to have evaporated into thin air right before their eyes. A subsequent extensive search of the area yielded similar results, and Corson was never seen again.

Link

edit on 23-9-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
You'd be VERY surprised at how tempting it is to jump in the ocean after a couple shots,ive done it lol,only off of a small fishing boat.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Suicide, accident or murder. It's not hard to fall or be pushed over a balcony. And at night with nobody to see you go in, you won't even be noticed as missing until the ship reaches port.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I am a sailor and it's not unusual for people to disappear from ships, i have witness one ung guy we had, who simply jumped because he was constantly. seasick.
He was placed on the ship not hired, cause of to many criminal act's, to try and turn him back to an angel citizen.

I have witness several people, go overboard by drukness in harbor or work and accident at sea.
Luck is that everyone of those, was saved.

One freind was not, he fell between the ship and wharf and got killed, i did not see that as i was not on that ship.

I have only been to the water by accident one time in 20 years, but this job required livewest at all time, cause of currents, so they managed to pick me up.

Only a fool ignores the danger of the sea.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
Suicide, accident or murder. It's not hard to fall or be pushed over a balcony. And at night with nobody to see you go in, you won't even be noticed as missing until the ship reaches port.

My thoughts as well. It's a "clean" way to murder that "pesky" wife or husband, get them drunk and toss them overboard. No witnesses, no body, no evidence. Get back home and make a big emotional display of how you lost your loved one, then cash a big insurance check. Probably happens more often then we'd want to know

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It is really so very hard when someone is lost at sea , the grief must be unimaginable .

No body , no closure . That is why it is said , God rest their souls . . God has his uses we should never forget that

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The statistics for missing persons can be highly misleading.

Yes, 150,000 people may have been reported missing in one year but what they don't tell you is that 149,798 of them were found safe and sound again. The fact that they were found doesn't effect the missing persons figures which only takes into account the number of reports for missing persons.

Let's not get carried away with the statistics until they can be verified and put in perspective.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join