It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Barely gets a question, but he LEADS a new FOX NEWS POLL !!!!!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Really? Or is it just that Ron Paul has more online support than all the others because there are more educated people online than off? People who live on the net are more likely to support Ron Paul because they are more educated plain and simple. The net citizen is more likely than the analog Earth dwellers to recognize that the US will end without someone like Paul as President for at least a few terms. That might set the rudder of state on the right course.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

I think it is simply because most likely voters just do not care about meaningless online polls. They count for nothing, and some people, while they may be curious as to the result of such a poll, will not actively seek out such polls to take them. I mean, just compare the number of people that watched the debate with the number of people that take these polls.

The wonderful thing about your statement is that when Ron Paul wins these polls, they're, "meaningless." But when Perry or Romney wins them, they ironically call them FRONT RUNNERS!

Come on, let's play fair here. Ron Paul wins far more than just online polls. He won the CPAC two years in a row. Won the RLC in New Orleans earlier this year. Came in just 152 votes behind Bachmann in the Ames poll, and 3 behind Cain in Georgia. He just smashed the California LPAC. This guy deserves way more credit than you or the media is giving him.

Also, his donation numbers are way higher than they were at this time in 2007.

For a little fun fact information, Rudy and Fred Thompson were the front runners at this time in 2007 but notice neither of them got the nomination? It was McCain who was sitting exactly where Ron Paul is sitting right now.

Unless you're a paid agent of the government or sent here to spread disinfo or to attack Ron Paul every chance you get, I have to ask - What do you have against the Constitution? Against Liberty? Personal responsibility? Why do you want to continue the wars? Has there not been enough death? I could keep going but I find myself curious why anyone who has the ability to research Dr. Paul doesn't support him. He is everything we need in a President.

I'll continue posting his successes in every thread that comes up. You can play the same game the media is when you try to ignore them but then people will continue giving you the puzzled look and wonder what planet you're living on.
edit on 24-9-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

The wonderful thing about your statement is that when Ron Paul wins these polls, they're, "meaningless." But when Perry or Romney wins them, they ironically call them FRONT RUNNERS!

Come on, let's play fair here. Ron Paul wins far more than just online polls. He won the CPAC two years in a row. Won the RLC in New Orleans earlier this year. Came in just 152 votes behind Bachmann in the Ames poll, and 3 behind Cain in Georgia. He just smashed the California LPAC. This guy deserves way more credit than you or the media is giving him.

I made no comment on Ron Paul. I merely stated my opinion on the polls. He obviously has a group of followers that "make the rounds" of polls each and every time there is an event. If you cannot admit that that is true, you are fooling yourself.

Also, his donation numbers are way higher than they were at this time in 2007.

For a little fun fact information, Rudy and Fred Thompson were the front runners at this time in 2007 but notice neither of them got the nomination? It was McCain who was sitting exactly where Ron Paul is sitting right now.

Two factoids that are meaningless.

And RP has less of a chance of winning the nomination or the presidency than McCain ever did.

Unless you're a paid agent of the government or sent here to spread disinfo or to attack Ron Paul every chance you get, I have to ask - What do you have against the Constitution? Against Liberty? Personal responsibility? Why do you want to continue the wars? Has there not been enough death? I could keep going but I find myself curious why anyone who has the ability to research Dr. Paul doesn't support him. He is everything we need in a President.

Why would you ask such questions? All it does is to show paranoia on your part, and your attempt to mislabel people that disagree with you as " paid agent of the government" or somesuch. Time to grow up and accept the fact that your reality is not the only one out there.

I'll continue posting his successes in every thread that comes up.

knock yourself out.

You can play the same game the media is when you try to ignore them but then people will continue giving you the puzzled look and wonder what planet you're living on

Uh-huh.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I found this pretty good video summing up Fox's bias towards Paul & removing the poll from its site.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I don't know what fantasy you guys live in but even if Ron Paul is elected president nothing will change. Do you guys think that once he is president the elite will just give up. Or maybe you think once he is president everything will get fixed in a flash like magic.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaiker
reply to post by wavemaker

I voted for Paul in all of them as well
time to take America back

You guys really don't understand how the process works. Before I explain how the primary process works, don't tell me the process sucks and should be ignored. To do so is simply your version depotism.

The primary election cycle is, in fact, not fair nor representative of a popular vote. It's about internal politics within a particular political party. Remember, I'm not talking about the general election, I'm talking about the primary process; which is what you all are commenting on. The primary process is how a political party selects it's candidate from the pool of those running. This selection process takes place in just a few states & is typically (but not always) won by the candidate who has the best support network built within those key states.

This is why Ron Paul has a very, very, very slim chance of winning. His on the ground, internal, political support is almost non-existent. Romney has been working on his support (meaning straw poll voters & political heavyweight support) for years. Literally. I didn't say Ron Paul isn't popular. He's hugely popular with the average Joe. He has almost no internal, political backing and this is why he stands virtually no chance. Nothings impossible but, his odds are long. Basically, Ron Paul can fill a lecture hall with bullhorn shouting, sign holding & chanting supporters. In a general election, this would matter. In the primaries, it's virtually irrelevant. I don't like the process, or how it is manipulated. Remember, Ron Paul is a member, by choice, of this particular political party & it's process. He's no victim of circumstance.

The sooner you all realize clicking on non-scientific, random opinion polls mean & accomplish nothing, the sooner you'll get the grass roots organization needed to get someone like Ron Psul elected. But, that's the catch-22. You need to push away from the computer and actually go do something towards that end.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

What country are you thinking of again?

Here in the U.S., the primaries are conducted by the government on behalf of the political parties, and your vote counts.

In other countries, however, the selection of the nominee is handled internally. Look it up.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
I don't know what fantasy you guys live in but even if Ron Paul is elected president nothing will change. Do you guys think that once he is president the elite will just give up. Or maybe you think once he is president everything will get fixed in a flash like magic.

Better to have an honest hard working President that just wants to do his best for the country than to have a same old candidate that appears every 4 years.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Here in the U.S., the primaries are conducted by the government on behalf of the political parties, and your vote counts.

In other countries, however, the selection of the nominee is handled internally. Look it up.

SlightlyAbovePar wrote a very concise, accurate explanation of how the primary system works. He/she actually emphasized that he meant the primary system.

I don't know where you came up with your understanding of how primaries work, but it is so wrong as to be silly.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

A primary election is an election in which party members or voters select candidates for a subsequent election. Primary elections are one means by which a political party nominates candidates for the next general election. Primaries are common in the United States, where their origins are traced to the progressive movement. There, primary elections are conducted by the government on behalf of the parties. Elsewhere in the world, the nomination of candidates is usually the responsibility of the political party organizations themselves and does not involve the general public.

Primary election

ETA:

What's the point in even holding a primary then?

Let's say, just for fun, that public opinion chooses one candidate by a landslide, yet they nominate the puppet they think TPTB can control through lobbying anyway.

Wouldn't they be worried about it reverberating all the way to their pay-check?
edit on 24-9-2011 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

My apologies to you.
I was thinking of something else when I made that post. Brain fart.

I'll leave it to the two of you to hash it out.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

I see what you did there. I also see how it's a fair take-away, from my post.

I made some assumptions in the way I described the process. Yes, you're 110% correct. No argument. By internal process, I meant those who are very politically active within a political party. The average joe/joe'ette doesn't really follow the primaries, nor vote in them. Only those who are really "into" it, are going to do the foot work to turn out the votes, influence precinct bosses, are members of influential political groups the candidates court or, sadly, turn out to just vote.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Just an FYI for everyone here. The Foxnews post debate that Fox pulled is a poll daddy poll and it is still active at polldaddy.com so if you want to you can still vote in that poll on the originating site.

polldaddy.com...

When I voted just now Paul had over 33,000 votes and was in first place.

edit on 25-9-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by OldCorp

everyone is wondering if sarah palin is gonna run.

just announcing that will create millions of jobs!!!!!

well, someone has to clean up all the exploding head spooge.

If Palin won, she'd absolutely acquire the title "PILF." Even if she were a worse President than Obama, at least we'd be treated to some eye candy as she announced that the S has HTF and we're all DOOMED! She's definitely the hottest Presidential candidate in history.

edit on 9/23/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

OhmaGod, hoss. PILF?! That sounds like a fairy godmother's spell gone dirty LMAO.
We gota find a different chaw than the .30 primers bro. We're gettin' in trouble for sure...
DaddyBear please c'mon check in for this man. Honestly though, any redblooded
slogger with a pulse has to worship her discarded gym socks. I take it back. Twice.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
So where has Ron Paul been since the elections?? Where is his speaking out against the gun control/economic/debt mess??

He off pouting somewhere??

Where's the leadership??

Where is he now, I ask?..

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwtrucker
So where has Ron Paul been since the elections?? Where is his speaking out against the gun control/economic/debt mess??

He off pouting somewhere??

Where's the leadership??

Where is he now, I ask?..

If you just searched the world wide web, you'd know.

He's been making appearances on television, radio, web and speaking at various events. He's had a few facebook and twitter posts as well. It doesn't take a genius to see what Ron Paul is up to.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

OK, if that's the case, then it's my bad. I haven't heard his name in a bit and with all that's going on, I haven't thought of him much.

Certainly no media coverage that I've seen.

I stand corrected

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ron Paul to get His own intetnet channel.TheRonPaulChannel www.theglobaldispatch.com...
edit on 8-7-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This comes as no surprise to me. FOX pulled similar crap with Newt Gingrich as he competed to garner the GOP's candidacy, this eventually handed to Romney. I like FOX, especially the ole leggy MILFs, but this obvious favoritism flamed me and is really dirty sport if you ask me.

a reply to: grantbeed

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join