It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Ancient Connection? Aboriginal Rock Art and Holes in Peru

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What is the rock type that the holes are dug into?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Now if anyone could find out where Sir George Grey found that rock painting , and maybe even find a photo of the original, it would be much easier to compare. Unfortunately though, the "holes" on the aboriginal image he found are not really clear, especially if one compares to the Peruvian holes.

On a second note, i find it quite funny that Sir George "Grey" publishes an aboriginal drawing resembling a "Grey"

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Good first thread Tsugiri! Setup well but the evidence is weak as noted by others, but you do have the methodology down.

Well done

Oh three thoughts on why people would dig lots of holes

1. looking for something and see #2
2. crazy
3. penalty, ie forced labour
edit on 23/9/11 by Hanslune because: Added material

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
Great research and education on the two subjects. Great structure, complete with quotes, cited sources and other links.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, I do not see the same connection as you do.
80% Aboriginal history, 19% Peruvian anomaly (Band of Holes), 1% effort to tie them together (picture).

That about reflects the available material I could find as well, haha. The only thing tying them together is a visual similarity, which I showed with the picture. Not a lot of info on the Band of Holes either. Tons of info on the Aborigines.

There is no evidence. I just wanted to see what people on ATS thought.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Great thread I shall go back & continue through all the links you have given. You made a bell ring in my head when you said it was as if the aboriginal people were there before the creation, as I had found this a while ago, thought you may find it interesting.

www.theonion.com...

Also in the Bible!. There were other people on the earth when Adam & Eve were created, God put a mark on Cain so that he wouldn't be attacked by other people!.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanny
Great thread I shall go back & continue through all the links you have given. You made a bell ring in my head when you said it was as if the aboriginal people were there before the creation, as I had found this a while ago, thought you may find it interesting.

www.theonion.com...

Also in the Bible!. There were other people on the earth when Adam & Eve were created, God put a mark on Cain so that he wouldn't be attacked by other people!.

Should note that the Onion is a satirical website but mentioning it and the Bible in the same message is appropriate!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Good first thread Tsugiri! Setup well but the evidence is weak as noted by others, but you do have the methodology down.

Well done

Thanks! And yes, the evidence is weak. There is a visual similarity and that is all.
That is why I listed the Gray Area as one of the possible forums for posting...as I take it the Gray Area is a place for ideas that are "way out there".
As I said, I just wanted to see what people thought about it.

2. crazy

Those are good possibilities for people digging lots of holes, you're right.

Do you know of any solid science resource on the Band of Holes, btw? I figured if anyone knew, you would.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi

Originally posted by Hanslune

Well done

Thanks! And yes, the evidence is weak. There is a visual similarity and that is all.
That is why I listed the Gray Area as one of the possible forums for posting...as I take it the Gray Area is a place for ideas that are "way out there".
As I said, I just wanted to see what people thought about it.

2. crazy

Those are good possibilities for people digging lots of holes, you're right.

Do you know of any solid science resource on the Band of Holes, btw? I figured if anyone knew, you would.

No, but I would suggest checking with the ardent Andeanists at the Hall of Ma'at

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar
Now if anyone could find out where Sir George Grey found that rock painting , and maybe even find a photo of the original, it would be much easier to compare. Unfortunately though, the "holes" on the aboriginal image he found are not really clear, especially if one compares to the Peruvian holes.

I agree!! I looked long and hard for a more recent photo of that same image. No luck.
What I thought is perhaps it is one of the paintings that is not shown to non-initiates, and as people generally respect the beliefs of the Aborigines today, there would be no photos. But back then, the Europeans didn't know they were off limits, and wouldn't have cared if they did.

On a second note, i find it quite funny that Sir George "Grey" publishes an aboriginal drawing resembling a "Grey"

Haha I never thought of that! Very cool.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

No, but I would suggest checking with the ardent Andeanists at the Hall of Ma'at

Whew....the who at the what? If that's a joke(and I'm sure it is
) it's way over my head.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Hanslune

Whew....the who at the what? If that's a joke(and I'm sure it is
) it's way over my head.

Andeanist those who study the various cultures in the Andes, used liked "egyptologists"

Link to them:

Hall of Ma'at - go to the Ancient history forum and post your question

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Looks like a little evidence for the existence of the continent of Lemuria/Mu..

if the cultures are in fact similar or linked in some way..it would be easier to explain if there was a big piece between or sort of between the two places..perhaps not joined by land, but shorter boat trips anyway??..far fetched I know..but a remote possibility.

edit on 23-9-2011 by clutch36hp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

One of the best reads as far as history is concerned I have seen on ATS while one of the worst connections and stretches I've seen on ATS (the picture and the holes)

Both things by themselves are extremely amazing and your articles are awesome.

The holes and pattern do not even resemble eachother.... why the heck did you come to that conclusion?

Just curious.

I'm torn because I want to S&F, but I can't if the end result is the one you came up with.

Really good job though!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Tsurugi

Great research and education on the two subjects. Great structure, complete with quotes, cited sources and other links.

80% Aboriginal history, 19% Peruvian anomaly (Band of Holes), 1% effort to tie them together (picture).

That is a rather large jump/connection to make. I find BOTH histories fascinating. I'm gonna need more though to assume that they are related.

S&F for your efforts, regardless.

Hmmm...

The squirrel is not always nutz, it appears.

Harte

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed
reply to post by Tsurugi

One of the best reads as far as history is concerned I have seen on ATS while one of the worst connections and stretches I've seen on ATS (the picture and the holes)

Hahahaha!
Thank you, and yeah it's a stretch. I know.

The holes and pattern do not even resemble eachother.... why the heck did you come to that conclusion?

I don't know! In the beginning of the post I said that I thought the idea was absurd. But it kept coming back to me, so I posted it. I spent many days doing research in order to show that I wasn't just wanking.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Grate post, when i first saw those holes I thought about the book.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

reply to post by Tsurugi

That is a rather large jump/connection to make. I find BOTH histories fascinating. I'm gonna need more though to assume that they are related.

Your kind words of wisdom are always appreciated, Harte.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

reply to post by Tsurugi

Your kind words of wisdom are always appreciated, Harte.

Believe me Tsurigi this almost praise from Harte, as a kid he use to write letters to Santa after Christmas on the quality and quantity of toys left.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Old ancient peruvian saying is "If you venture too far out on a linb, it is likely to break".

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thank you very much for this post!

Another aspect of the Dreaming that confuses me is that the history of it seems to imply that the Aborigines predate the creation part; somehow their ancestors were witness to the emptiness of the land. And yet the teachings of the Dreaming also say:

"It was during the Dreamtime that the creators made men and women, decreed the laws which all must obey - their behavior to one another, the customs of food distribution, the rules of marriage, the rituals of initiation and the ceremonies of death which must be performed so that the spirit of the dead would travel peacefully to his or her spirit-place.

...which leaves me stumped.

The way I interpret this is their consciousness/awareness was "open" during the void, but they were not yet men/women. They were pure spirit/dreaming minds who were within the "space" that was built up around them for them to inhabit, including the Man/Woman bodies.

Namaste!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join