It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone from england look at the sky? what is that?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fisherr
It's Called the moon. and it is there every night

serious though. i see a lot of stars.. so a pic or a direction ect would help.

Southwest of me ( near london)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
yeah southwest seems to be jupiter, sorry for any time wasted, and thankyou all for your help

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RobbWonder

No problems. Glad we could help out.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hic sunt dracones

i noticed it last night also!! skymap says its jupiter but why is it so bright?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
There was a massive UFO reported in Carlow, Ireland earlier tonight, just across the Irish sea.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

Good question. I really don't know. planets tend to shine brighter. Maybe it is because they are much closer than the stars?

I don't know..... Some one around here is bound to know for sure.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by camouflaged
reply to post by Hic sunt dracones

i noticed it last night also!! skymap says its jupiter but why is it so bright?

The initial brightness was what made me decide to post asking what the hell it was haha

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
haha! Had you described the colors I could have told you I had been seeing that all week. Good observation though, look at the stars.. Not yo' shoes!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RobbWonder

don't be so sure. lol this is a conspiracy site. so i would like to add this to the mix.. hehe

______beforeitsnews/story/1134/221/Is_There_A_Nibiru_Coverup_Second_Sun_Now_Visible_Worldwide.html

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hello I just joined ATS in the last hour or so. Ive been writing on the UARS thread as I have been watching the tracking movement of this satelite via this site.

www.infosatellites.com...

I just noticed this thread and I am in the UK in the South West. Around 1am I caught sight of a huge bright light from my landing window upstairs and it was moving across the sky. I called my OH and my Son to have a look and they both saw it moving and it seemed also to have light jumping from it and then go into a curved quarter of a ring of light as though it was something that was turning. Yes I did wonder if it was the Satellite UARS but as we were looking at this bright light it suddenly stopped and hung there. That was it! I said to my OH that was definately moving wasn't it and he agreed and neither of us could explain why it just appeared to stop as it had moved quite quickly from west direction in a south movement. We checked it a full hour after and I checked again some time after that but it was stationary. We know what we saw but cant explain this at all. I wonder if its similar to the OP?
edit on 23-9-2011 by ELEVATOR7 because: inserting explanatory link

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
im in kent but its daytime atm so ill try tonight

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It's Jupiter...Looks like it's got an arm sticking out...That's it's moons.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Could it be the satellite which is supposed to crash to Earth today? www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

wow...that link has a large collection of sundog and lens flare videos.

It's like hmm..this vid of Venus has this strange transparent 'bubble' near the planet that seems to move...surely it must be a second sun and not a lens flare from the brightest planet in the sky.

I know you might have posted that for humor, if so I definitely got the joke

I'm not one to discount certain possibilities, but the only conclusion that evidence points to is the general stupidity of the person responsible for compiling it, though I did not look at all of it as it just looks like the same bunk that's been on here lately.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It could be Sirius from Canis Major. It's a 'winer constellation' meaning it appears at 7-8 p.m in winters but in the summer and at that time of the year at around 1-2 a.m of the next day but yes Stellarium was my guide to know all the stars at night and even help me for my studies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join