It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we look at human history, the chances of Aliens being benevolent is actually very good...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If you ever read about the history of humanity youll see that we as humans really had no regard, respect, or love for out own lives. 1000 years ago people were killed very harshly for small things. A life could be ended at the drop of a hat and it was normal. If you didnt want a baby you could just bury it and walk off. If you wife made you mad you could kill her in front a group of people and it would be perfectly legal. Slavery, bigotry, sexism, the killing of those who were different were all wildly acceptable only up until recently. it is only as we have grown more advanced that we have grown to appreciate nature and life more. There was no such thing as "human "rights back in the early 1900's. that concept didnt take root until later. Now we are far more protective of life and safe with how we do things than before.

so does it make sense when people use human actions as a gauge for how aliens will act and say theyll be violent? the answer is no because the trend shows otherwise.

Anything is possible and an advanced alien race could very well be evil or malevolent, but if we use ourselves to gauge wat could happen we actually see where the outcome is good.

So for all the people who want to use human nature as a gauge for how an alien race millions of years more advanced than us will behave i say go ahead. Because were only appreciating life more as go foreward.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Caioneach because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2011 by Caioneach because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Caioneach

There we go... Some optimism.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Just how benevolent could they be?

Part 3 will be back by the time you get through the first 2 parts I'm sure. If not keep checking back.

If they are truly benevolent mankind would have the aggressive genes removed I would think.

So here's a good question.

If mankind has been interacting with aliens through out history why the need for weapons and war? Are we being prepared for a much grandeur conflict?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
way back in the day when Von Daniken came out with Chariots of the Gods,my Dad totally embraced the AAH . I remained unconvinced until about two years ago. Anyway my Dad said something I've always remembered ,if Aliens come here it is because they have a conquering exploitative nature . He was convinced that any Aliens we meet on our planet would be malevolent , all these years later seems he was correct. He was a fighter pilot and I always believed what he told me about ufos and things because I figured he would know

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Hello! So I was just going to throw this out there, I am sure that if there were another life form outside of earth, that was capable of interstellar travel, that there would be more than one kind. I would just assume this.. I don't actually know, of course.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I know they've been here and I know in large part (not fully ) what they did and are doing ,doesn't matter if there are "good ones ,the bad ones are here (being bad)

it stands to get worse if what I think I know is correct

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well, I am not exact on your stance on the matter, but if you are referring to the reptilian idea, I am on the fence with this. I have not dismissed it at all, however. Alpha and Omega, Yin and Yang, you need dark before light can even be known... So, we shall see!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Excellent theory.

I think if we want to fully understand what aliens might be up to by coming here we have to start thinking outside the box and stop using ourselves as a gauge. That's a very shortsighted way of learning something IMO.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
If their intentions are not sinister then why hide?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
no i don't believe the 'reptilians as I understand them exist

i have been studying ancient texts from Sumerian on through and comaring the characteristics of the original aliens ,their supposed descendents and their technologies down the centuries . I've compared their stated goals and ideas with historical events and social and religious ideas

and followed the money and power trail ,that's how I came to my current 'stance that ET is NOT our friend. even the ones who help us are not truly our friends.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

Star for your signature their buddy I can't even begin to count the numerous times I've experience that very thing!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Ahh, so an Annunaki theory? If you dig a little deeper, it coincides with the reptilian thought... Genetic manipulation etc..

We are the guardians of this planet, I do believe that.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

To say that aliens are benevolent would be naive. To say that aliens are malevolent is also naive. Truth is they are both. It depends on who and what is going on! Look at the numerous threads in this topic folder. Many claim they are bad many claim they are good.

Alot of us(humans) want to believe they will come for good intentions. Some of us no matter the circumstance is gonna believe their is a hidden agenda to enslave us.

What's the chances this same principle takes place in the cosmos? One alien race racist towards another. One alien race less trusting of another. One alien race always misconstruded by others. It's very possible. Imagine if you or someone you know was the leader of an advanced alien race. With all that technology just how far fetched is it to want to be the supreme being of the stars?

It's not far fetched. Just like it's not so far out their that there are aliens trying to keep the peace.

Charles Manson was once asked about his insanity. Hate him or w/e you have to admit this answer is genius.

"Insanity is irrelevant. Whats insane to you might not be insane to me. What you consider sane might be insane to me or someone else. So whats insane?"

Same goes for considering good and evil. I gurantee if we ever had to chose sides between warring alien factions. Humans will be destined to fight on both sides. That is free will.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Great post, logical, calm, collected. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

I dont think they are actually "hiding". I honestly believe that there is another reason as to this.
As in War of the Worlds, they may be viruses on Earth that are deadly to them. There are millions of viruses on this earth that you and I over thousands of years have become immune to them. Not to mention bacteria and viruses YET to be found like in the oceans.

Now this may only pertain to certain species of aliens. For example.. this could be why MOST sightings have been the Greys. Maybe they have some immunity or have developed antiviruses. This could be the reason for all these abductions/probings/harvesting. They study us looking for an anti-virus just as we perform tests ourselves on lab animals.

This would also explain why a lot of UFO sightings are probes or drones, unmanned. Why risk getting an infection when we could have robots do this? Same thing we do before we send people anywhere, we send in the robots, submersibles, bomb disposal robots, rovers to other planets.

As to the OP...... as many here have stated there is good and bad. The perfect "evidence" to this is the MAHABHARATA. There are numerous depictions of aerial warfare between different aliens with various weapons. However, sinister to us? I doubt it. We would have been wiped out already.

The best evidence Ive seen of this is the RUWA, Zimbabwe incident. Children are the best proof. They dont have agendas or reasons to lie. They stated the GREYS telepathically told them that we humans are destroying the world.

Not to mention the many times UFOs have interfered or disarmed nuclear weapons. Launches..tests.. storage facilities etc. Or disabling pilots weapons systems when we attempted to fire on them.

As I said.. they could squash us easily

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The first response said it all, finally some optimism toward what our evolution could lead us to! I like where you're headed with this. The first reply was the only one I read because I didn't want to go any further before replying by your "concept" of what aliens could offer us. I hope it is one that is true.

However, as someone who enjoys the idea of opposition, I have to offer one myself:
Most powerful people demonstrate strong antisocial behaviours. Focusing on the benefit they receive rather than what they offer the rest of our planet, and unfortunately they end up with the best access to resources...which means in the long run they'll have the best chance of survival. It's like an unfortunate occurrence of social Darwinism.

We all hold very secure concepts of what "we" believe is best, but access to information is the best its been ever in the current history of our time. So of course we would form very strong opinions, but they diverge strongly and frequently...

What I am saying is that while we are currently in an idealistic society for everyone (because we are in flux as a global community) we have no idea where we will end up. Idealism is rampant because we all have a right to our own ideas (without persecution)...we can all imagine that aliens would uphold our own ideals(which I can assure you could differ significantly).

We are a global society in flux...

But I agree, I hope that all other species will avoid the A-Bomb-Napalm route....
Its a tad primitive.
edit on 22-9-2011 by JewelFlip because: missed a verb

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
every single one of us is different
you would expect the same to be true of aliens
however it seems travelling unknown distances through the abyss
would require greater co-operation than we are currently capable of
based on that you would expect them to be more 'civilised'
though not necessarily any more kindly disposed to upright apes

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by herruher
reply to post by TheOven

I dont think they are actually "hiding". I honestly believe that there is another reason as to this.
As in War of the Worlds, they may be viruses on Earth that are deadly to them. There are millions of viruses on this earth that you and I over thousands of years have become immune to them. Not to mention bacteria and viruses YET to be found like in the oceans.

Now this may only pertain to certain species of aliens. For example.. this could be why MOST sightings have been the Greys. Maybe they have some immunity or have developed antiviruses. This could be the reason for all these abductions/probings/harvesting. They study us looking for an anti-virus just as we perform tests ourselves on lab animals.

This would also explain why a lot of UFO sightings are probes or drones, unmanned. Why risk getting an infection when we could have robots do this? Same thing we do before we send people anywhere, we send in the robots, submersibles, bomb disposal robots, rovers to other planets.

As to the OP...... as many here have stated there is good and bad. The perfect "evidence" to this is the MAHABHARATA. There are numerous depictions of aerial warfare between different aliens with various weapons. However, sinister to us? I doubt it. We would have been wiped out already.

The best evidence Ive seen of this is the RUWA, Zimbabwe incident. Children are the best proof. They dont have agendas or reasons to lie. They stated the GREYS telepathically told them that we humans are destroying the world.

Not to mention the many times UFOs have interfered or disarmed nuclear weapons. Launches..tests.. storage facilities etc. Or disabling pilots weapons systems when we attempted to fire on them.

As I said.. they could squash us easily

Not sure which way you are going here.
First you say they might not be able to handle earth viruses, but then say that could squash us like a bug.

So their bug squashing ability has far exceeded their immunology?

They sound just like us.
Worry more about how to kill your foe then heal yourself.

If you are not up to no good then you have no reason to hide.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
i agree with the OP title

if other advanced sentient races happened to make it past type 0 and type 1, they are not self destructive like..

the simian-reptilian homo sapiens brain & race.

i do believe homo sapiens is just a larval stage of humanity, but humankind has detoured onto a dog-eat-dog rat-race to the finish like, and in the process of striving and refining our Earth for type1 elite civilization, will self destruct everything.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
There is always the possibility, of course, that what we consider to be benevolent behaviour and what they think of as benevolent behaviour may not be exactly the same.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join