It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UARS tracking website servers are overloaded at this time...so where is it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
i dont care what any government says, if i find it i'm keeping it.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If you want to know where the UARS satellite is, go to this website,

www.stoff.pl...

then download Orbitron 3.71 should show you exactly where it is real time and will also predict where it will be in the future. Also a great site for tracking any satellite and the ISS....!!!!!
edit on 23-9-2011 by Glassbender777 because: satellite name

edit on 23-9-2011 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
On my iphone I have an app called ProSat it's a app for tracking satellites. At the minute I only use to track the ISS but I've now added UARS. I checked it just before reply to this and it had UARS just over the northern pacific. Supposedly the only bit of land it will cross next is when it's travelled down to the south pacific and will cross the must southern tip of south america. After this it will then travel up the east side of Africa, then across Iraq, iran that sort of area. I don't know how reliable the app is though

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Double post sorry
edit on 23-9-2011 by ThePeaceMaker because: Dp

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Aye, these updaets by NASA have sucked
Each update is a repeat of the last one!!

Anyhoo it appears someone predicts it will now "decay" around midnight UTC through to the early hours of the morning. The following diagram was made with a prediction of it decaying a bit earlier (see below, sorry for the wide image).

People who keep saying America - have you actually been following the news or ANY of the websites posting updates? Because ALL sources have ruled out north America. Why do you folks keep presuming it will still pass/land there?

(From Spaceweather.com - Link: www.spaceweather.com... )

edit on 23-9-2011 by markymint because: image

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Good Morning friends!!!!
Thanks for all your replies and support

I was looking at this site

www.infosatellites.com...

Not sure how reliable but it appears to be in South Atlantic still at altitude of 109 miles...so will it be landing sometime this afternoon as predicted?

Thank you for allowing me to make my first thread not so daunting.....I am so glad that people are posting links and are interested in where this is gonna go!.....yeah wouldn't it be great to get a piece!

Jools x

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
reply to post by Jools

Why can't they just shoot it down ?

We have the ability to. We have thousands of missiles to launch that could have blown it up days/weeks / months ago.

Why hasn't this been done and has a reason for this been given by NASA ?

As explained succinctly by Phage...to shoot it in space would put other satellites at risk and to shoot it to smithereens over us would potentiate more havoc by smaller high velocity debris. Imagine a small bolt or fragment travelling at twice the speed it initially was ploughing through your shoulder and out the other side of your body.....too risky. I too, also used to question why they also couldn't have just knocked it off course but it appears the technology is either too expensive or they haven't got there yet. I would have thought this would have been a good EXERCISE for NASA in case an asteroid happened to hit. They could have used their brains a bit better on this one....They said they would pretty much have it figured 24 hrs before it scatters it's 26 pieces and it appears we are still waiting for that statement.
I can only deduce that it;s causing them headaches because it is actually tumbling and rising up a few miles then falling a few miles. Hoever, one would have thought someone could go figure the math instead of producing a nice pretty spiral drawing which is about as much use as knitted jello...lol

Peace
Jools

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Yay!...e bay it is then...lol........

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
y'know i'm actually not happy with NASA on this one. I used to hold this organization in high esteem. But after this fiasco...would we be left just to fend for ourselves?..not knowing if something huge hit us?. This is an organization that prides itself on space exploration at the highest level...But can't predict where a piece of junk will land...now some 8-10 hrs away!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

This is the latest report on google and probably why people are suggesting America. The satellite seems to have changed its orientation and this has been pointed out on the news reports. However, (as I and others may have said) nothing is set in stone where this could land.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ELEVATOR7

Hello elevator!
This gets more and more interesting...some kind person in New Topics has just posted up a thread that it might now be tonight or even Saturday!

Confusing to say the least

Jools x

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
so if you are shrouded in clouds will this thing or these things make noise to alert that they are falling?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I was watching it late last night and instead of going straight I saw it curve and go towards Australia instead of over Antarctica...I must admit I rubbed my eyes because an orbital diagram has been established and posted up of it travelling in straight line- so I have no answer to what I saw!...weird...it completely looped round!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELEVATOR7
reply to post by markymint

This is the latest report on google and probably why people are suggesting America. The satellite seems to have changed its orientation and this has been pointed out on the news reports. However, (as I and others may have said) nothing is set in stone where this could land.

www.independent.co.uk...

The Americans will be going berserk later about this...we live next door...and they won't be happy if it lands on any of their sheeple!...Boy will we know about it then!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So finally 'admittance' that it's slowed down and changed it's orientation...hurrah!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatnext21
so if you are shrouded in clouds will this thing or these things make noise to alert that they are falling?

Your guess is as good as mine my friend...more of a light show methinks...

That's if your lucky enough to see it!- as now it's predicted late Friday/Early Saturday

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
so i was just watching it with orbitron and it disappeared?

ok it back but the elevation changed to -75 and it says it is ascending rather than descending...space farts? Just before it said the elevation was .8 and descending
edit on 23-9-2011 by outandopen because: update

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
dbl post
edit on 23-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Aye, these updaets by NASA have sucked
Each update is a repeat of the last one!!

Anyhoo it appears someone predicts it will now "decay" around midnight UTC through to the early hours of the morning. The following diagram was made with a prediction of it decaying a bit earlier (see below, sorry for the wide image).

People who keep saying America - have you actually been following the news or ANY of the websites posting updates? Because ALL sources have ruled out north America. Why do you folks keep presuming it will still pass/land there?

America is back in the strikezone

NASA just announced this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still trying to find a site to track it..EVERYTHING IS DOWN

Nasa has warned that the USA is back into the strikezone though
www.abovetopsecret.com...
So it could be your backyard!!
edit on 23-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Fox just claimed it may hit in the US! No wonder Obama is in a cave in Colorado, I havn't seen pictures of it maybe its a UFO or Elenin?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join