It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UARS tracking website servers are overloaded at this time...so where is it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ELEVATOR7

Hello Elevator7 and welcome x

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Very compelling isn't it as it doesn't fall into the norm....I am very interested to see what happens tomorrow!...Hopefully all will be well and someone might get rich if allowed...lol!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Hmm, NASA just told me yesterday that North America if definitely out of reach and 100% safe. But if you look at this map just 20 minutes after predicted reentry it's right over North America.
I guess NASA again just prooved that they really have no clue about this stuff (ok, didn't expect too much from them) or again just lied to us.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

woot so I might stand a chance of it skimming our roof and impacting itself in my garden then...yay!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Anyways I'm off to do more research...thanks to everyone that contributed your invaluable information...I probably will be back later hopefully when the tracking site might have calmed down.....

Peace
Jools x

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
With all the money we spend why don't they have a detonate device on this thing? Makes me wonder is it really a satellite?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dougb1115

Just before I go I had to reply to this as Phage said to detonate something in space would cause widespread risk to other orbiting satellites and to detonate it lower down also causes widespread problems with smaller high velocity debris. it just increases risk through speed...The last thing I would want is a bolt shooting through my head....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jools

Very compelling isn't it as it doesn't fall into the norm....I am very interested to see what happens tomorrow!...Hopefully all will be well and someone might get rich if allowed...lol!

Thank you for the Welcome Jools. Yes Im pretty fascinated by it but at the same time find myself holding my breath as I watch it crossing overhead where there is land. I read in a news report ( not sure how reliable it would be) that in November there is a 'greater danger' from Rosat which is another huge piece of space Junk apparently - see this link and reference.

www.bbc.co.uk...

It seems likely that UARS will avoid areas inhabited by humans, but the experience will be something of a dress rehearsal for a greater danger coming in November. A German satellite telescope called Rosat is expected to re-enter with much bigger pieces, including a very large lens, still intact.

I felt a bit as though we were targets for all this 'stuff' when I read that!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

Good point also to detonate it would take the fun out of this awesome website? LOL guess i'm trying to make brownie points with ATS........Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It has just gone over NW corner of Africa moving South.
edit on 23-9-2011 by ELEVATOR7 because: updating UARS ROUTE

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dougb1115
With all the money we spend why don't they have a detonate device on this thing? Makes me wonder is it really a satellite?

um thank you. How do we know its a satellite...is any one aware if its existence before the hoopla...
What also makes me wonder is, if they know exactly when comets and meteors will eeturn and when exact distant planetary alignments will occur then how come they dont know precisely when and where this satellite will impact..especially with all of the super physics scientists and advanced mathematicians on board with....
or is there some sort of major event which requires more secrecy as usual here....or is it possibly not ours..
Hate to be the as usual conspiracy pusher on these subjects but i just would have assumed that this prediction would have been a peice of cake for them.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
OOH found this...it's quite a self explanatory orbit for anyone interested

www.space.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jools

Why can't they just shoot it down ?

We have the ability to. We have thousands of missiles to launch that could have blown it up days/weeks / months ago.

Why hasn't this been done and has a reason for this been given by NASA ?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It already started falling right? @ 4.6 miles per second - wouldn't it hit the ground within 2 or 3 hours? Its only 115 miles up..

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Celestica

It's been "falling" around the Earth ever since it was placed in orbit.
Latest update holding with Friday afternoon/evening.

Update #9
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 04:01:35 PM GMT-1000

As of 9:30 p.m. EDT Sept. 22, 2011, the orbit of UARS was 110 mi by 115 mi (175 km by 185 km). Re-entry is possible sometime during the afternoon or early evening of Sept. 23, Eastern Daylight Time. The satellite will not be passing over North America during that time period. It is still too early to predict the time and location of re-entry with any more certainty, but predictions will become more refined in the next 24 hours.

www.nasa.gov...

edit on 9/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I ask because when I was watching it yesterday it was going down - but they would go back up for severeal minutes.

Also, tracker offline again?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Celestica

1) The tracker is not real time, despite what it calls itself.
2) The satellite has an elliptical, not a circular orbit. This means that part of the orbit is lower and part is higher.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Must be run by HAARP. Thank Phage!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Just seen on our local news station, that there is a 1 in 3200 chance of one of us getting hit by the debris from the satellite. That's better odds than lotto.

Oh and for all you members who rely on Phage to come up with all the answers, why don't you do a little Google searching for yourselves, the same as he does.
edit on 23/9/11 by jamesthegreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
LOCAL TIME:
12:28:48
UTC:
11:28:48
LATITUDE:
LONGITUDE:
ALTITUDE [km]:
ALTITUDE [mi]:
SPEED [km/s]:
SPEED [mi/s]:
AZIMUTH:
SW
ELEVATION:
RA:
4h 32m 47s
DEC:
-62° 20' 25''

Looks to be going over Argentina at the moment according to the tracker.
My local time is actually 1.01pm though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join