It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Orlando Debate Thoughts (9/22)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Just finished watching the debate; and like the last one I thought all of the candidates did relatively well; except Perry. Perry did absolutely terrible and I was actually embarrassed to even listen to some of his responses. Romney completely had him in that back-and-forth.

One of the surprising things was the amount of humor, and the VERY responsive crowd. Gary Johnsons comment about his 2 dogs was the funniest moment of the night; and I was really glad to hear his final answer about choosing Ron Paul for his hypothetical VP. I wish Ron would have exchanged hypothetical, but at-least he got to make a comment about waiting till he's in the top 2.

Despite Johnsons lack of coverage and overall neglection, he handled his questions well and I feel this will give a boost to his campaign, even if only a marginal one.

However in the end I give the debate to Ron Paul. I felt even when confronted with the question about the day-after pill/rape exceptions he handled it perfectly. In the end some issues are left up to the moral fabric of the PEOPLE, not the government or law. Like usual he kept consistent with his message of liberty, while I felt the other candidates were parroting views that he's held for all of his political career.

Who do you think won the debate? Who would be your top 3?
edit on 22-9-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
my neighbors two dogs have created more shovel ready jobs than the present administration...
lol that was the funniest line of the night

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
i think Romney and Perry made fools of themselves Santorum got in a good jab on perry too, again.
Paul gave the best most common sense answers of them all.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Johnson didn't do too bad. Gingrich Cain and Santorum were tolerable Bachman didn't come off too crazy for once, but Ron Paul well, he always does well in my book.

Ok, I want to forget Perry and Romney exist, but I am sure I'll have plenty of nightmares tonight.

link   
I'm glad Johnson finally made a notable comment, even if it was humor. I really like the guy (even a tad more than Paul) but he comes off as slightly awkward in the two debates he has been in. He comes off a lot better in smaller groups/in person. But his record is all that needs to be said, he's the best governor/ex buisnessman up there.

link   
perry got owned bigtime

santorum
needs to rethink his foreign policy its more of the same.

bachmann who dat?

the others meh dont let the door hit you on the way out

Ron Paul owned on that 10 ammendment and all his questions

more of the same or the right direction for this country

and thats with mr paul.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
i was not happy with Santorums comment on bringing back DADT...what? dumb

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

I was a bit disappointed in Megan's little pun as well.

"He's out."

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
fox news poll "who won the debate" RP is laying waste again.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Really? There was a debate tonight? Well, whatever they said, I'm sure they will "keep their word", which can and will be "subject to change". I already have my top three contenders listed.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I think Ron Paul won that one. He got a lot of loud applause as well

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Thank you for linking that! I almost forgot to vote. =] I encourage everyone to follow this link and vote as well (I voted Ron Paul). He's leading with Romney trailing just behind....looks like people are still going for Perry despite his utter disappointment for the second debate night in a row.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
bobble head,
bobble head,
bobble head,
bobble head,
Ron Paul,
bobble head,
bobble head
bobble head

Fox declares winner: bobble head! Declares no candidate has yet captured public's heart.

I wonder if the world is really so insane not to see through this...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Id say in response to who I felt won, it was certainly Romney. He laid out his ideas coherently, defended himself stoutly, and was non repetitive. Top three, Id say Romney, Santorum, and Cain. They all had the same qualities when explaining their stances. All very coherent with strong ideas. Bachman-horrible. Perry-was he speaking english? Gingrich-living in the past. Johnson- just no. Paul-decent. Huntsman-should stay governor.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

just voted

for R P

37%

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Rick Perry?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

I thought he was quite sensible, that we don't need to be focusing our military on this question, and I agree with him. It is the radicals who are using it as a centerpiece for their agenda.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by CaDreamer

I thought he was quite sensible, that we don't need to be focusing our military on this question, and I agree with him. It is the radicals who are using it as a centerpiece for their agenda.

when polled a large majority of soldiers believed that repeal of DADT was an important issue so santorum is a dolt and has no clue what the military needs/wants. not a good trait in a potential commander in chief.

top topics

join