It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Century 10 quatrain 72- Nostradamus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It is very possible that this quatrain has been discussed here already, but reading another thread brought it to mind, and I was curious as to the interpretation by ATS members.

The year 1999, seventh month,
From the sky will come a great king of terror:
To bring back to life the great Mongol king,
Before and after Mars to reign by good luck.

Since that day has come and gone but still very much within the present, it is little wonder that Nostradamus has not been credited for even the first part of the prophecy, never mind the last, because as these prophecies go, they are best claimed to have been fulfilled well after the fact when it is safe to surmise, and a culprit can be chosen, or an event molded to meet the desired result. Besides, man is much braver to make the connection to such a diabolical plot, well after the fact rather than the present.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

hmmm.... july 99? when did the elctions take place for the 2000 elections? ill do more resarch too see if any other countrys had elections that year

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

WELL
Mongolia had a election in 2000 in july
but Kuwait had a elction in july "99 if that means anything??

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Just a question? Didn't George W. Bush announce his candidacy for president in either June or July of 1999? Something to think about anyhow...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Just a question? Didn't George W. Bush announce his candidacy for president in either June or July of 1999? Something to think about anyhow...

He formed some Republican committee in March for the purpose of announcing his candidacy, but I believe it was in June that he publically declared his entry.

To toomanyquestions: Thank you for that information. Those countries don't seem to fit the bill.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
your welcome (its me on another name)

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Just a quick note - where anglo-saxons commonly see "Mongol King", the French version is "Roy d'Angoulmois". Angoulmois at that point was a province of France from which originated the then royal family of Valois.

So Angoulmois could still refer to something else, if we remember Nostradamus' fondness for word puns and anagrams.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
"Roy d'Angoulmois".

Do you happen to know why the 'mongols' has been inserted into the english text then? Seems like it would make quite a difference.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
is it possible that the government is using Philosphy and Politics to control the public?? (Plato)

Maybe they used the planes to make his prophecy come true?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I would imagine Nostrodamos's text appears different in every language it is interpreted into. The only way to really tell what he said is to read him in the original. Unfortunately that leaves me out.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Thought I explained it already but i think the last line was taken out of context.
Before and after,Mars to Reign by good luck...

Mars,if it means God of War (I am not sure which Diety that means. Poseidon?)
Reigns,not in rule,but in service,like the reins on a horse.(Is that why they used the term reign? Because of the equis-like personality of Poseidon?)
By good luck. As in service "BESIDE " good Luck. Luck I suppose being me,as it includes my last name.Another sheer coincidence.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
That is confusing. Mars the planet do they mean?Now at its closest? But then,it has been for some time now and must be moving away.
Mars,God of War? I have never channeled any entity nor heard of any called Mars,who in any case was a loser,a coward in mythology.
Let's try the name game again.This time capitol M.

Mars....Moses? For he didn't quite make the grade the first time,though a prophet. Reincarnation...I am told they will reappear one day to rule,including the martyred ones (Fatima). Hmm.Is that why 2IC showed me the Pillars?

YES! The Church hides every reference to REINCARNATION!

[edit on 27-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The last line has the scholars confused as well, I would venture to say he likens that person to Mars the God of war, and reign to mean reign as in rule.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yes,it is confusing Somewhereinbetween.
Mars ruling.But it says "before and after Mars reigns".

It is "before" the catacysms now.Where is Mars ruling? Is it our war-like attitude? Like in the Mid East? Go after them?Then "oh boy! This is dangerous!!"

"Before and after". Does it mean the appraoch of planet Mars,and now its departure? Then how does it Reign? Are the Visitors on Mars the actual ones in charge? For I know there are extemely old enclaves there.

Is it regarding myself? The interest I have in military history and hardware?

"We can help you here. It is not just yourself here."2IC

Um...God of War by or besides Luck.
"Christian One meets Christian Two."2IC
"Jesus....he was also a warlord in antiquity.Cronus."

[edit on 28-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   

The month and year that Osama publicly pretty much declared war on America in a speech.

A terrorist mastermind, favoring attacks from the air

Ghengis Khan's tactics, he was well known for using fear and psychological warfare.

OR

Just a quick note - where anglo-saxons commonly see "Mongol King", the French version is "Roy d'Angoulmois". Angoulmois at that point was a province of France from which originated the then royal family of Valois.

could refer to his connections with the Royal family of Saudi Arabia....

War dominates the news both before (Gulf War), and after (Invasion of Afghanistan, Iraq) his arrival on the scene...

Just a thought....

[edit on 28-8-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
But Mars was Cronus' son. Thor was Woden's son. Now I get it!

Son or Sons of God or "a" God. Not "The" God. More mistranslations.

A war back then,as recorded in mythology.A battle in the Heavens.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Nostradamus was also an astrologer... I'd actually put more stock in "Mars reigns" referring to as astrological event perhaps....

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Then why were the planets given the names of mythical Gods gazrok? I think they were in Astrology BEFORE telescopes were developed,at least in the West.
Some ancient observatories are said to have had lenses.The Grand Gallery of the Great Pyramid is sloped with notches in the floor for positioning something. It did not rotate like a modern observatory,so what was it they were looking at?
Constellations could be viewed by eye. Venus was clearly visible.

"The Dog Star was what they were looking at."2IC

This mystery is beyond me.And why name a star after a God?

[edit on 29-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
From 2IC, "They will return from THAT direction.."

From that direction,not neccessarilly from another solar system.

"When they did not return,they dismantled it."2IC

"Still makes no sense to me."

"They brought knowledge.Technology that was labour saving."

"Why didn't they return then?"

"Humans were progressing too quickly."

Same reason they do not introduce themselves today!

[edit on 29-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Mars is a roman god, and doesn't have a one for one correlation to Ares, the greek war god. Mars is associated with plains, fields, and agriculture. The month of "March" used to be, in the old roman system, (at least I think I am recalling this correctly) associated with either planting or harvesting or the season in which that is done.

So 'before and after mars' could mean any number of things.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join