It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who is watching the GOP debate in a few minutes?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I know a lot of conservatives who really like Cain a lot, so please stop making this about race.

I'm not making it about race. I know and have heard from alot of conservatives who like Cain's ideas, but not his skin color. He will face problems getting votes in the South.

The racists in the party have made it about race. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

That is a very ignorant thing to assume. Actually Cain is pretty popular here in the south. Especially in northwest GA. Conservatives listen to his radio show and when he would fill in for Neil Boortz. They like is approach to fiscal responsibility. So no, I don't see him having a problem down here.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Cain knocked it out of the park, even the post show audience mentioned a number of times how he had the best answers, but then most of them picked Romney as their guy. People say Cain doesn't have the superstar charisma or appearance. I think what they really mean to say is that Cain is black and really black, unlike half white Obama. Racism is clearly alive and well today among conservatives and libertarians.

Totally surprised that you would make such a statement, MikeBoydUS. It is so wrong....esp. the part about racism being alive and well among conservatives and libertarians. That by itself it glib and false, but you seem to forget all the racism displayed by the left. I'm not even going to list examples; that would be a waste of time, I'm afraid.:shk:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

It won't be Newt after having said this to the question about extending unemployment benefits: "I don't think people should get paid for 99 weeks to do nothing. That's why we reformed welfare."

Really, Newt? Nothing? Nothing but trying to find a job? Heck, congress is getting paid to sit on their butts and get a retirement package when they are fired!!
edit on 23-9-2011 by aero56 because: info

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
So which one of these power houses had the gumption to say anything to the crowd for booing a gay soldier. I hate chicken hawks.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Here is what I love about Ron Paul.

He doesn't have to remember lies or the lies he told before, because the truth is always the easiest to remember.

Ron Paul defeats and beats the liars with their own stupidity.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wWizard
Can Perry stop acting like he's in high school and just stop this back-and-forth with Romney. Like seriously, get a clue and grow up.

MSM wants them to do that. Makes it look like the two top runners going at it. Popularity contest.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

If you listen to the message, he is 100% right. He is basically saying people should be empowered enough to make decisions for themselves.

They love to try to get him on that "heroin" thing, but they never do. Seems as though that is the worst they can find to throw at him. Johnson made sense on this issue to, but then this is the issue he is most famous for nationally.

We have so many "sacred cow" issues that have been "grandfathered" in, none of which make any sense when considered rationally or fiscally. These debates have allowed us to consider them as a group instead of forcing them artificially into "topics". (Topics work hard to prevent seeing the whole picture.) The end result is that Washington looks for all the world like a class of fifth graders whose teacher has been absent for a long time.

At my private school they used to paddle the really bad kids. Wouldn't it be great to see the irresponsible politicians lined up on national T.V. and physically paddled for all to see? Of course it would never happen, but think of the damage to their careers, the total humiliation, and how empowered we citizens would feel by the whole affair. Sure it would be symbolic, but to people who live by their pride and vanity, it might even be more effective than prison time.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

Really, Newt? Nothing? Nothing but trying to find a job? Heck, congress is getting paid to sit on their butts and get a retirement package when they are fired!!

Yes, and after only two terms!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Totally surprised that you would make such a statement, MikeBoydUS. It is so wrong....esp. the part about racism being alive and well among conservatives and libertarians. That by itself it glib and false, but you seem to forget all the racism displayed by the left. I'm not even going to list examples; that would be a waste of time, I'm afraid.

Racism in Washington, quit beating that dead horse. I just spent 20 years in Mississippi, after growing up in Illinois. The racism that is still in MS is real, the race card that keeps getting played in the Washington card game that our Government has become is a joke by comparison. And this from a white dude!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I'm not making it about race. I know and have heard from alot of conservatives who like Cain's ideas, but not his skin color. He will face problems getting votes in the South.

The racists in the party have made it about race. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy.

Uh... Trouble getting votes in the south? How do you figure that? I just came from there a year ago and I have to say that statement makes no sense at all. If you divided this country into two at the Mason-Dixon line you would end up with a predominantly white country north of the line, and a predominantly black country south of the line. Ever been to Memphis?

Somehow I don't think Mr. Cain is worried about the southern vote. Maybe the southern white vote, but they will be a minority if there is a black candidate on the ticket.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

They love to try to get him on that "heroin" thing, but they never do. Seems as though that is the worst they can find to throw at him. Johnson made sense on this issue to, but then this is the issue he is most famous for nationally.

I have no problem condemning him for his ridiculous approach on "that heroin thing", but that is only one of my problems with Ron Paul. He's as bad as Rick Perry when it comes to illegal immigration -- he rates a grade of F from NumbersUSA on the isue.

At my private school they used to paddle the really bad kids. Wouldn't it be great to see the irresponsible politicians lined up on national T.V. and physically paddled for all to see? Of course it would never happen, but think of the damage to their careers, the total humiliation, and how empowered we citizens would feel by the whole affair. Sure it would be symbolic, but to people who live by their pride and vanity, it might even be more effective than prison time.

I was one of those really bad kids who felt the sting of the paddle regularly. As far as the politicians, we could bring back the stocks in the public square when they misbehaved, eh?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Totally surprised that you would make such a statement, MikeBoydUS. It is so wrong....esp. the part about racism being alive and well among conservatives and libertarians. That by itself it glib and false, but you seem to forget all the racism displayed by the left. I'm not even going to list examples; that would be a waste of time, I'm afraid.

Racism in Washington, quit beating that dead horse. I just spent 20 years in Mississippi, after growing up in Illinois. The racism that is still in MS is real, the race card that keeps getting played in the Washington card game that our Government has become is a joke by comparison. And this from a white dude!

Racism is a double edged sword. Had you been paying attention, you would have seen that he selected conservatives and libertarians as being racist, with the implication that they were alone or majority in the practice. Black racism is as intense and prevalent as any, and this from a white dude!
edit on 23-9-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by popsmayhem

It won't be Newt after having said this to the question about extending unemployment benefits: "I don't think people should get paid for 99 weeks to do nothing. That's why we reformed welfare."

edit on 23-9-2011 by aero56 because: info

Well, those people are going to vote for Obama anyway, regardless of what Newt says. But, really, whats wrong with some kind of trade school training?

But really, Congress seems to be getting paid to make endless bureaucratic regulations, but somehow the ones that cut fraud and waste and give incentives to people to further their education don't pass the liberal muster.
edit on 23-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

what exactly about Ron Paul's illegal immigration policy don't you like? His and Perrys' immigration policies are not even close...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

I know a lot of conservatives who really like Cain a lot, so please stop making this about race.

What racists in the party Mike? I'd like to know, because as long as I've lived the most racist thing I ever heard came from a black guy calling me white honky in a parking lot on Christmas Eve.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Forget about the racism on the left? It wasn't part of the Republican debate and this is the GOP debate thread right? I am not a leftist or a liberal. I am a proud traditionalist conservative. I am trying to get people to stop the hypocrisy and consider supporting Cain.

There are racists on the left and the right, on the left one example are those who cater to minorities yet wouldn't have them in their homes for dinner.

If someone doesn't think racism is alive and well in the US they need to get their head out of the sand. The problem with it now is the racists are careful about what they say, but actions speak louder than words. This is not an assumption, I have seen it first hand. People who praise Cain for what he says, but won't vote for him are a good example of that hypocrisy. We need to end it. If people believe he is the best speaker and the best idea man, they need to support him and not Romney.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I figure that because most African Americans in the south are democrats and will not vote for a Republican.

I have lived here most of my life, except when stationed overseas, so this is nothing new to me. I am also majoring in political science, it wasn't some half asinine statement.

One other thing: demographics, this is from the 2010 US Census.

Texas:
70% White
11% Black
www2.census.gov...

Louisiana:
62% White
32% Black
www2.census.gov...

Mississippi:
59% White
37% Black
www2.census.gov...

Alabama:
68% White
26% Black
www2.census.gov...

Georgia:
59% White
30% Black
www2.census.gov...

Tennessee
77% White
16% Black
www2.census.gov...

Arkansas:
77% White
15% Black
www2.census.gov...

South Carolina:
66% White
27% Black
www2.census.gov...

North Carolina:
68% White
21% Black
www2.census.gov...

Virginia:
68% White
19% Black
www2.census.gov...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
So which one of these power houses had the gumption to say anything to the crowd for booing a gay soldier. I hate chicken hawks.

Ari Fleischer called them out on that fact and was disgusted by it. The crowd booed a US soldier deployed overseas in a combat zone, which was extremely disrespectful regardless of his sexual orientation.

The man is risking his life and may not come home alive. What happened to "Support Our Troops"?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

If I want to listen to NAZI propaganda I will listen to the master of propaganda Herr Goebbels.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join