It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Patrol Abuse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanJP
reply to post by jrkelly77

Also relevant;
en.wikipedia.org...

And they are human man, they shouldn't be denied food and water because they passed a line that nobody really drew. I will walk where I please, thank you.

The Iran-Iraq border is lovely this time of year for a stroll.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

All this uproar about the "poor Indians and poor Mexicans" having had their land taken away from them. What nation has not been conquered? Some people keep blaming the US for taking land away from the poor indigent people. Look at WWI and WWII. The US did not take Italy, Germany, or Japan as part of the conquest. The Indians and the Mexicans have come out of this smelling like roses. Who else gets to sit back and get supported by the American tax payers.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IceFlower

Oh man! Touche'! That was quick, my friend, kudos.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

WOW you asked for proof that some Boarder Patrol agents abuse illegal's I give you a link and you say well there's just a handfull there so what. Granted it contained more than just what you asked for I'm so sorry for that. Then you think that the people who did the interviews are paid by the Mexican Govt. to lie. No More Deaths is an American based organization.

No More Deaths was founded in 2004 by several Tucson-area religious leaders, including Catholic bishop Gerald Kicanas, Presbyterian minister John Fife, and leaders of the local Jewish community. The founders felt that there was a need for a constant presence on the border to aid migrants and end the increasing numbers of immigrant deaths.

So the Catholics, Presbyterians, and Jewish religious leaders got together and said hey lets take some bribes and make up some lies? Is that what you are telling me?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I said the mexicans telling the stories were paid by their government - to make the US look bad. Pay attention.

It works too, liberals buy this bs hook, line and sinker.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by searching411

So killing off almost the entire Indian nation and giving them a sh@t piece of land that nobody else wanted was good for them?!?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

So where is your proof that the Mexican Govt. paid off 13000 people?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I must say ol' chap - your "mood" is spot on!

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrkelly77

So where is your proof that the Mexican Govt. paid off 13000 people?

Where's your proof the mexicans are telling the truth?

This will end in a draw between us

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

oops sorry

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

edit on 22-9-2011 by jrkelly77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

It happened before my time. I had no hand in it. I do not own the blame.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

reply to post by KILL_DOGG

I wonder do you feel that way about the two hikers who spent 2 years in an Iranian jail. Should they have kept there butts in america.

Why would anyone want to hike in Iran anyways?
Maybe those people should come to American legally instead of illegally and I wouldn't have a problem with it.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The findings went beyond denial of food and water. Migrants held by the Border Patrol spoke of being exposed to extreme heat or cold, sleep deprivation, death threats, and psychological abuse such as blaring music with lyrics about migrants dying in the desert.

In other words, they didn't get to eat when they wanted to (made me wait until dinnertime!), they didn't like what the air conditioning was set on (welcome to Federal facility management), they couldn't wander off and go to sleep while they were being processed, they were warned they had undertaken a dangerous act, and they didn't like the BP's choice of music (which might save their lives some day).

These people were held in a Federal detention center, not a Holiday Inn. When you are detained by the Feds, you do not have complete control of your surroundings or your schedule. This will be unpleasant for anyone, and I am not surprised that an advocacy group spun that unpleasantness into abuse.

The report found that 863 people, many of whom were already dehydrated, were denied water.

If there are so many dehydrated people in BP facilities, we should have medics being called to provide IV fluids and other treatments for heat sickness. We might have hospitalization for heat stroke, or deaths. No More Deaths doesn't mention any of this, so I doubt many of these people were really dehydrated. Should they have been provided water regardless? Yes, I think. Is the delay in providing water, which evidently caused no lasting harm, abuse? Probably not.

If NMD really wanted to reduce the number of deaths, they'd be targeting the coyotes who lead these people into the desert to die, not the US LEOs who pick them up, take care of them, and send them home. I guess the BP is an easier target.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

So 13000 people lied. That's what you want me to think. These interviews took place in Mexico so I assume they were speaking Spanish because god forbid someone speak only English down there. I'm not here to argue about illegal immigration or what language people should speak where. It's about human rights. If you are going to detain someone you are responsable for there well being!

Heres a list of your boarder patrol agents that have been turned in and jailed where I'm sure there receiving food and water. It contains everything from rape to drug smuggling. link
edit on 22-9-2011 by jrkelly77 because: (no reason given)

oh yah, one article is from Visalaw.com, which specializes in immigration law and deportation cases. I wonder if there were any reports at a hosital which showed conclusively that the woman in that article was sexually molested. The article states that the woman was removed from the vehicle and made to perform acts...the case is still pending it seems, so it may just be heresay on the woman's part.
ok I clicked several more links, and am getting all kinds of errors on the pages, articles no longer there, and one site I got a security threat warning.

edit on 23-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

reply to post by KILL_DOGG

I wonder do you feel that way about the two hikers who spent 2 years in an Iranian jail. Should they have kept there butts in america.

You can not make this comparison. The American hitchhikers were being held as spies not being deported for entering Iran illegally.

Now let's look at some of these "complaints".

Overcrowding- Well congratulations, now as an illegal you found out what legal citizens go through when they end up in jail themselves. Overcrowding in jails is a fact of life in the USA. This has nothing to do with illegal immigration, racism, or anything else. It has everything to do with the fact that this country locks up an obscene amount of people.

Denied Water- Again, you will be denied water as you go through the booking process. Once you are booked into jail, you can feel free to walk over to the sink in your cell and drink as much as you want. In some parts of the country the booking process can take up to 3 days. In that time you will eat and drink when inmates are served their daily meals, not before and not after. Again this has nothing to do with illegal immigration, this is simply what happens when you go to jail.

I would like more information on being exposed to extreme heat and cold. Such as where did this exposure take place?

Sleep deprivation, psychological abuse and death threats...all part of going to jail. Legal citizens who are incarcerated have to deal with the same exact thing.

Of course "migrants dying in the desert" can not be blamed on boarder patrol. Many illegals die in the desert trying to get into this country. This is no secret at all and has been very well documented. It's part of the risk they take attempting to enter the country illegally.

All these people who cry, whine and complain about the status of illegals make me sick. It is an insult to every immigrant who came to this country the right way. My Mother is an immigrant from Panama... and she has a green card. She went through the process and gained entry into the US and has been here for 40+ years. So why is it ok for some people to come legally and others not?

I will be the first to admit that many laws in the US are just retarded, but nothing ticks me off more than selectively enforcing a law. If you do not like the law, do something to change it. In the meanwhile, if you choose to act outside the law, accept the consequences and stfu. Chances are, you knew the consequences before you did it. For all these people who complain and think Mexicans who enter illegally have it tough, maybe you should see how Mexicans treat those who enter Mexico illegally from Guatemala and Nicaragua before you whine about how tough they got it when they are caught in the US. Fact is, Mexico also has an illegal immigration problem from their Southern boarder as well...and yet no one says anything when Mexico enforces their Immigration Laws.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join