It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever "Died" in their dreams?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb

Originally posted by Falkner
In the portuguese superstitious tradition, it means that the "life power" of the person who died in the dream is growing stronger. so it might be a good sign for you.

Interesting concept, do you have any links, or other information on this?
And if that's the case (about the "Life power" growing stronger) that may be the only thing still sustaining me. I've had more than my share of "near-misses" in the real world as well.

Also, if this holds true, (the post by Falkner) then i must be damn near invulnerable. Because I've had these dreams and experiences HUNDREDS of times..

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I was once shot in a dream, woke up at the point of penetration (maybe I'm not gay), I've also been chased through a multi-storey car park, in that dream I believe I was a "changeling".

Have also fallen many times, but always wake up before impact. From my experience I believe this to be the point you have to get through to acheive an OBE (Out of Body Experience), as I always wake up I haven't experienced an OBE.

Have had a little success with "lucid dreaming", which in my experience, is not about how real the dream is, but the ability to control the direction of the dream. Something I believe most people do, they just don't realise it.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by Koka]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

Have also fallen many times, but always wake up before impact. From my experience I believe this to be the point you have to get through to acheive an OBE (Out of Body Experience), as I always wake up I haven't experienced an OBE.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by Koka]

But, that's the point I'm trying to make. I NEVER wake up before or even on impact. I see and feel everything to the end, then i wake up.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

But, that's the point I'm trying to make. I NEVER wake up before or even on impact. I see and feel everything to the end, then i wake up.

I was always told, probably an urban myth, that if you die in your sleep, you die for real. Not sure how that works and haven't really bothered trying to figure it out. I guess it could be the shock of experiencing death.

So, what you are actually saying is that you experience the death, then you wake up.?

Give me the description of this death you experience.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Heh,

Well I just woke up and its totally ironic that I had a dream last night about being close to death (although not actually dead). I was in my car and its fairly small and I was swept away in a flash flood. I woke up before I actually died but it was fairly interesting anyways. Could be because I have a fear of driving on the highways when its snowing? doesn't explain the flash flooding but im sure its connected somehow.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I had a few dreams of death, but never actually dieing. The one that stands out the most was I was in a war. Actually, it was in America and in the desert area. A missile or grenade hit me and I was laying there, my body blown into bits and only really a head. I was waiting for death, but it never actually happened. I knew I was dead but was not... I have had several like that. I always know I am going to die, but I am alert. So, never really experienced a REAL death in dreams.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yes. Many times, falling, shot, stabbed, etc..

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I was always told, probably an urban myth, that if you die in your sleep, you die for real. Not sure how that works and haven't really bothered trying to figure it out. I guess it could be the shock of experiencing death.

So, what you are actually saying is that you experience the death, then you wake up.?

Give me the description of this death you experience.

How vivid of a description would you like? As I stated earlier, they always start the same, always falling from a great height. The only variations are in the actual wounds that cause my death.

Wether it be from impact, or impalement, it is very graphic. I'm usually falling face up, not really aware of my altitude. Then i start passing by buildings , or other features in the landscape. Now, death by impact, depends on how i land. If flat on my back, then it's usually just a hard, bone shattering thud. If landing head first (which happens alot) i see my head explode like a watermelon. I am usually awakened by my wife a few minutes afterwards, since the resulting jolt my body makes wakes her up.

But , for me in those few seconds, or minutes i'm not sure how long. I get a good long look at the results. I just seem to be floating there, looking at the aftermath.

Impalement though, that one's bad. Death does not usually come instintaneously, it feels like hours pass before i expire. But once i do, the same result occurs, i'm just floating there looking at myself.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Thats vivid enough thanks.

I just wondered if you could describe the feelings of dying.

You say that you are floating above your body when you finally pass away, much the way, near death experiencers have described.

I suggest you think about an air matress, like those stuntpeople use, prior to going to sleep, see if that pops into the equation.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
A few times...

Some scary, some englightening.......However I forget them all.... Nothing really life changing, it's no biggie.

Although a parapsychologist would differ, but they would or else they would be out of a job.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Thats vivid enough thanks.

I just wondered if you could describe the feelings of dying.

You say that you are floating above your body when you finally pass away, much the way, near death experiencers have described.

I suggest you think about an air matress, like those stuntpeople use, prior to going to sleep, see if that pops into the equation.

LOL, If i thought an air matress would do the trick, buddy, i'ld sure as hell try it..
As for the feelings of dying, there's really not much, just extreme pain, then a subtle "disconnection" one moment you there in agonny, the next you're not.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Comrade Smith
you can not die in a dream it always cuts of before your last heart beat ends some scintists tested on mice and humans(humans were only tested for pain mice for death)

if you were to 100% die in a dream(like your brain waves stop)you will wake up the same way

IF YOU DO!!!

I can't beleive this because in one of my dream I dided all the way. I was shot right in the heart. I felt the bullet hit me and me his the ground. Next thing I knew I saw the whole thing hapen again from "outside" my body in the dream. There everything went white then I woke up. I was really young when this happened.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yes. Bayonetted in numerous dreams and shot in a couple. Fell out of a plane in one.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Lmao I had a dream that I was in hell, but it was really stupid, kind of like south park hell
. There were lava hot tubs and slides into the lava pool. It wasn�t that bad but then again nothing was painful or scary and it was only a dream

When I was younger I used to have terrible nightmares, which to this day I remember. Anyway I woke my parents up on countless occasions until my dad told me something. "It�s only a dream just try and take control of it". So I did. Although now a days it seems that I have lost the ability and often times I have dreams that do the same thing over and over again in the same night. Often times I realize that this is happening and get so annoyed I wake myself but I cant get to sleep without seeing it again (stupid things for example ill be running it a field and get hit by lightning and it just keeps happening over and over and over).

Either way if you are having dreams about falling like mentioned above you probably just want to fall. That sounds weird but you probably just want to fall and see what it is like. If you try to fill that with something other than falling you might be able to cure that.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I dont think i've experienced death in my dreams but i have ones where i'm doin the killin, or at least trying. Most recent one was that i was in the royal marines and we were ambushin sum undesirables, no matter how hard i aimed i coud'nt shoot them, same when i've been in fights, no matter how hard i punched i would do them no harm.
it bloody well annoys me summat chronic!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
How about this, if you want the dreams to stop affecting you physically.
Lie down somewhere and try to fully picture and experience the dream again. Try to remember every detail. Then instead of crashing and dieing, imagine yourself flying. Or falling on a big soft pillow. Whatever makes you happy.
Maybe you could somehow change your dream if you keep doing this into something more pleasant for you.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Falkner
In the portuguese superstitious tradition, it means that the "life power" of the person who died in the dream is growing stronger. so it might be a good sign for you.

Interesting concept, do you have any links, or other information on this?
And if that's the case (about the "Life power" growing stronger) that may be the only thing still sustaining me. I've had more than my share of "near-misses" in the real world as well.

Also, if this holds true, (the post by Falkner) then i must be damn near invulnerable. Because I've had these dreams and experiences HUNDREDS of times..

i was checking this kind of dream interpretation, but i just could find some stuff in portuguese, but there is a distinction to be made. when someone dreams about someone is going to die, it means that person is full of life / health. otherwise, when you dream about your own death this will mean some sort of incomming wealth.

i'll try to find a link to an english site.

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Falkner]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
i was checking this kind of dream interpretation, but i just could find some stuff in portuguese, but there is a destinction to be made. when someone dreams about someone is going to die, it means that person is full of life / health. otherwise, when you dream about your own death this will mean some sort of incomming wealth.

i'll try to find a link to an english site.

Hey a Portuguese site is fine... I can just run it though Babelfish.com

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I had a dream one time that I was forced to my knees and shot in the head. I felt the bullet and could sense I was falling to the ground afterwards but I seem to remember switching to a new dream or waking up quite suddenly.

The only other times I had a dream where I was dying entailed falling off a cliff, roof, etc but in all of those cases I seemed to slow to a stop just before hitting ground. The dream I mentioned first was the closest that I can remember.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I've had a dream where I was in some sort of field/park and I was with someone, then I got into an arguement with another person which escalated into a fight, then I got shot in the chest.

In the dream I "felt" the bullet passing through me and then I remember collapsing and "dying" and could "feel" the blood all over my hands. Then getting shot in the head and waking up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join