It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever "Died" in their dreams?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Just curious about others experiences. I've been watching myself die in dreams for years. Always through the same "Basic" method, Falling.
Has had profound effects of my physical being over the years...

Anyone got any comments on what this might mean?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Do you mean you actually die and experience death? I thought this never really happened.

I have had (in the past) recurrent dreams where I know I am gonna die, and I experience that, but never actually died.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Death in ones dreams, yes, 4 times, or so I remember. Shot twice, fell of a cliff once, and well, I can't seem to remember the last. Not the most entertaining experience mind you.

Deep

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Maybe falling and dieing in your dreams means that you fear failure or a loss of something you value highly. I'm not a dream expert so that's just a guess.
I remember one vivid dream I had once about being shot by someone. I could actually feel the bullet enter my body. It was scarey. I woke up as soon as I dreamed it. So don't know if I died or not.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yes, i've experienced "Death". But, as i said, it was always from falling.
Either i was impailed on either fences or trees (causes me to awaken with searing chest pain and abdominal pain), Or i simply impacted. Be it on objects in the area or, just hitting the ground.
The most dramtic effect of that was when i was 17. I had some relatives staying over, and fell asleep on a fold out couch watching TV. I distinctly remember falling and landing in a street on my back. The result, after I became conscious from my cousin screaming, was that my body convulsed, and lifted about a foot or so off the bed. Coinsiding with the impact in my sleep.
And these continue like this til this day, i've been having these dreams going on close to 20 years now.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I never died in any of my dreams.

Mostly because in any dream I have, I'm 100% in control and have the ability to fly.

So falling can't kill me :@ Even when for some reason flying doesn't work, I still am able to slow down my fall up to the point where I levitate above the ground so I can touch down smoothly.

Apart from being able to take full control over any dream I have, I usualy can also go to bed, think "would be nice to dream about this or that" and actualy dream about that all night long.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Death in ones dreams, yes, 4 times, or so I remember. Shot twice, fell of a cliff once, and well, I can't seem to remember the last. Not the most entertaining experience mind you.

Deep

I've experienced these events HUNDREDS of times over..

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Do you have a fear of heights?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I have only had one such experience but it was very vivid.
In the dream I was driving my motorcycle on a winding road. I came up on a blind curve. I was enjoying the curves and so I was travelling around 45 mph or so. Suddenly from around the corner a Semi truck appeared at a high rate of speed in my lane. There was no time to react. I clearly remember slamming into the semitruck head on and feeling the shock of my body crushing into the grill of the truck. Things grew dim but then brighter again as drifted toward a light. It was at this point that I woke up. I was not scared and did not wake up afraid but rather at peace.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
Do you have a fear of heights?

Actually, No.. I actually have an almost obsessive compulsion to High areas, along with a strong urge to Jump.. Nothing like being "suicidal" or anything, i just wonder what it would look like going down..

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb
Actually, No.. I actually have an almost obsessive compulsion to High areas, along with a strong urge to Jump.. Nothing like being "suicidal" or anything, i just wonder what it would look like going down..

Quite possibly that urge might be a product of the dream or vice versa. Certain things may be triggering your mind and acting profoundly upon it, for example your compulsive urge to high areas. Im not a neurologist but perhaps certain chemicals that are not in perfect harmony are the reason for this? (i.e excessive amounts of endorpins, serotonin)

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
That's always a possibility, but i've been having these experinces since i was about 4 or 5 years old. And have been skydiving to try to settle the urge, but it just doesn't "Feel right" wearing a 'chute.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrixMostly because in any dream I have, I'm 100% in control and have the ability to fly.
I fly in my dreams, too!. It's really a kind of levitation during which I can navigate--kind of like soaring.

I have to wonder how the brain can process death. I have never died in any dream that I can remember. I have, however, been at death's door many times, in reality.

[edit on 04/8/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I fly in my dreams, too!. It's really a kind of levitation during which I can navigate--kind of like soaring.

I have to wonder how the brain can process death. I have never died in any dream that I can remember. I have, however, been at death's door many times, in reality.

[edit on 04/8/25 by GradyPhilpott]

With me it started out as levitation, but since I'm also totaly aware and in control of my dreams, I experimented and levitation soon turned into full sledged flying. At first slow, but these days I'm doing lightspeed and beyond really.

Its wierd, but my dreams are totaly unlimited and unrestricted. I can be dreaming of being at a certain place doing a certain thing and think "aw this is booring" and just go somewere else, do something else, anywere in the world or even in space sometimes.
Wouldn't be the first time I'm dreaming about something or someone on earth and I fly of to the moon just to watch the earth in awe and think.

Being in full control of my dreams started when I was about 10, flying around must've been when I was around 12.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I've been shot in the head in one of my dreams. I could feel the bulllet hit my head and then i fell to the ground and everything faded to black. It's hard to explain but I felt myself die in the dream, it was unlike any other I've had before or since.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Being in full control of my dreams started when I was about 10, flying around must've been when I was around 12.

You are blessed with lucid dreams. I have had them in the past, but rarely have them anymore. The film, "Liquid Sky" is about lucid dreams. It's hard to follow and I need to watch it again. I really like David Lynch films for his dream imagery, especially, "Mulholland Dr."

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Mxyztos,

I could be a past life experience, so don't get scare it is not going to happened.

I have dreams in wish I am drowning I had them since I was a child I can feel myself not able to breathed and I will wake up gasping for air, the funny thing is as I got older the dream was the same but I remained a child. In my dream I am in a boat with an older man and I am a child, the man pushes me out of the boat and I will go down to the bottom and I am not able to come to the surface and I will end up drowning.

Finally with some help I found out the story about the drowning and I was able to stop the dreams, as today I have never been able to learn how to swim, and coming from an Island that is weird. I made sure my children learned to swim when they were very young.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This might sound a bit odd But I think I can relate to this thread. In my Dream I was at a fire station (Don't know why A fire station ) And I was on board a Fire Truck , Either I died or didn't But I fell through the truck and kept falling through "Earth" and landed in Hell. Once their i remember being scared #less and thats when I woke up. It was so damn realistic, worse nightmare i've ever had.

Another thing occured to me when I was younger about 5 or so. I remember going to sleep and I would "Leave" my body and I would see a 360 image of my self as if I was watching my self sleeping and spinning around my self at the same time. Any Idea on how could this happen?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The first one may be a past life in wish you may had burn thinking that, hell must had been like that.

The second one is a out of body experience and they are comun probably you will have more in the future, is nothing to be scare about it.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by thematrix

You are blessed with lucid dreams. I have had them in the past, but rarely have them anymore. The film, "Liquid Sky" is about lucid dreams. It's hard to follow and I need to watch it again. I really like David Lynch films for his dream imagery, especially, "Mulholland Dr."

compared to most people I know, my dreams are pritty different, what I see, hear, smell, feel, its all the same as what I'm experiencing right now sitting in front of this computer. But I am always aware that I'm in a dream.

Most people discribe dreams as you said as "lucid", but it isn't like that for me, for me its as real as reality.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join