It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Line In The Sand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
With all the talk of conflicts in the middle east as well as the rest of the world I thought we could make a few educated guesses as to how the potential WWIII would play out. I feel like it should be broken down into several categories and they are as follows:

Picking a side:
It may not be easy to narrow it down to just 2 sides right now but both previous wars indicate that it eventually boils down to "Us and them" so let me be the first to point a few out, I will declare one side blue and one side red although the colors are not to indicate anything but what side they are on:

Red:
Greece and Israel have signed a military agreement in defense against Turkey
USA, technically a supporter of Israel but strained relationship and Obama's push to revert the borders may be a deciding factor in alignment.

Blue:
Turkey(see above)
Iran, openly oposes Israel in every way including the swarm removal of the nation.
China, supporter of Iran because of oil needs not likely to engage in combat but more than willing to offer aid.

Europe: this is a tough one to forecast because there seems to be a greater international unity but at the same time more nations are tending towards isolationism as the weaker countries crumble.
Brazil: Often viewed as an up and coming super power, it is the largest South American nation and has recently showed interest in taking part in aid and combat on an international scale similar to Coalition objectives.
Russia: will they form a great communist alliance or take a political stand?

The next big question is what kind of technology are we likely to see? Nuclear is always a possibility but this seems more like a move made by a single group rather than an entire nation but the results could still be the same. Bio weapons are what I feel are likely to crop up. Russia is still unable to acount for thousands of TONs of weaponized anthrax and countless other diseases left over from the Soviet Union. More mundane bioweapons can be used with little to no evidence to trace back to those who used it. There is always the chance of some previously classified super weapon being exposed but most nations would rather keep that their backup for as long as possible.

That concludes the opening of my first thread, feel free to add any weapons or nations as you see fit or even just throw in a little philisophical input. The purpose of this thread is to give a rough gameplan for how the rising conflict could unfold.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Just going to throw this out there, where ever America go, we (Britain) will be there licking their ass, so you may wanna chuck UK in the red.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

To add to that, typically the rest of the common wealth will soon follow, especially Canada. It would be senseless to feud with such a scary neighbor.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Might be easier to visualise if you use a map in the op, there's a good on here:
upload.wikimedia.org...

A lot would depend on where the war started, with a few flashpoints being Israel, Taiwan and N Korea. At the moment, if a major war was to happen, it looks like it would involve the US on one side and China on the other. It's hard to know what the likes of India and Russia would do. The other unknown is Turkey, because it looks like just posturing at the moment, and they are part of NATO, but if they were to change sides, it would change the dynamic of the Middle East significantly. For other countries, it would depend who the government at the time was in favour of. For the record, i made a quick map of what I think the sides would look like if something major did happen, with both the Mid East and China involved

omg.wthax.org...
Blue - Dark are US and almost certain allies, light supporters and likely allies
Red - China
Green - Middle Eastern nations opposed to the west
Brown - Russia
Purple - India
Yellow - Bolivian Alliance - Unlikely, but if a world context likely to be hostile to the west at least diplomatically.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I like how you seperate people into the colours red and blue. Of course it makes it so much easier when you talk that way. I can't believe the ignorance already with this "they will be licking their ass" and blah blah

Good humans fighting good humans for their governments and religions because they've been brainwashed to do so. That is what this boils down to.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by godfather420
Good humans fighting good humans for their governments and religions because they've been brainwashed to do so. That is what this boils down to.

That may the case somewhat at least, but it doesn't mean we can't speculate as to what a hypothetical third world war might look like if it does occur. Which I think is unlikely given it would result in Mutually Assured Destruction.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by trollslayer

i feel many north african countries would become involved with the blue side due to the heavy islamic community in those regions.

new topics

top topics

join