It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilots witness flying triangle over Florida

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Wow. The 3rd picture down of the triangle ufo seen in longford derbyshire in 1993.

Pretty close to the same thing seen by multiple police officers during the 2000 Illinois Incident.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
1.bp.blogspot.com...
www.mimenta.com...

There are planes in the sky that will not be 'official' for 20 years.

edit on 2-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Actually the B-2 Spirit was begun in the early 80s and by 1988-1989 it was already in the public eye. So it was only secret for about 8-9 years.

And neither of those planes can get close to approximating what these pilots (see OP) saw while flying up the east coast. Neither the shape, size, or maneuverability are even close.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Hi, in the video below Dr Richard Haines describes a very interesting UFO incident investigated by Project Bluebook's Dr J Allen Hynek where three pilots witness a huge, vertical flying triangle off the coast of Florida - he doesn't mention the year but if anyone knows anymore info please post.

Hi Karl,

I've heard back from Dr Haines with an explanation that he's been busy and unable to respond until now. He has kindly provided the following information regarding the sighting he discussed in the video:

Date: 27 October 1967
Time: 0300 local (Eastern U.S.time zone)
Location: VOR intersection between Jacksonville, FL, and Charleston, NC
Witnesses: Charlie Little (pilot), two (2) commercial pilots (being instructed in multi-engine night-ops.), and another (adult) passenger
Main reference: International UFO Reporter (CUFOS), Sept. 1984, Pp. 4-6, (article by Dr. Willy Smith)
Airplane: Piper-Twin Commanche (PA-30)
Altitude: 8,000 ft initially, descended to about 5,500 ft.
Flt. origin: Opa-Locke, FL, Destination: Morristown,NJ (one (1)refueling stop planned)
Sighting Duration: about ten (10) minutes
UAP: One (1), Extremely bright. It allegedly illuminated the cockpit with green light.
Six white lights on front edge
Shape: equilateral triangle with equilaterial opening in middle
Size: huge
Other evidence in my files:
color photo of pilot with Dr. Smith
copy of IUR article
ltr. from Dr. W. Smith to me dtd. 26 Feb. 1999 with further details
ltr. from Philip Klass to W.Smith dtd. 22 Oct, 1984 (and Smith's reply) with seven (7) issues that needed clarification.
case summary by Robert. B. Klinn dtd. 13 Nov, 1984
FAA air-to ground transcript of radio communications during this alleged incident (copy also included in IUR article).
informal notes to/from R. F. Haines

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
With the details and references kindly supplied by Dr Haines set out above, I've pulled out the relevant article in the International UFO Reporter ("IUR") journal.

Scans of the 3 pages of that article are shown below.

edit on 5-10-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Incidentally, using the name in the IUR article ("Charlie Little") and the date (27 October 1967, or at least the year of 1967) it is possible to find further discussion of this incident online.

Relevant material includes:

www.narcap.org...

at pages 57-58:

Aviation Safety in America - A Previously Neglected Factor
by Richard F. Haines, Chief Scientist

October 27, 1967
0300L UP NE Jacksonville
(Atlantic Ocean)

This fascinating aerial encounter involved Charlie Little, pilot of a Piper-Twin Commanche PA-30 (N7942Y). He was multi-engine rated and a flight instructor. Two other commercially rated pilots, and a passenger were also on board. Having taken off from Opa-Locka, FL to Morristown, NJ, they were headed ENE at 8,000 feet altitude in uncontrolled airspace under an IFR flight plan but were in radio contact with Jacksonville ARTCC for safety reasons. Stars were visible in the dark sky.

Ground control helped them maintain a correct heading when their two VORs apparently displayed significantly large angular deviations toward the east. About half-way between Jacksonville and Charleston, SC over the ocean at least three of the occupants saw a light moving across the sky and interpreted it to be a commercial flight at high altitude bound for Miami. But the light began to descend and approach their airplane. The pilot radioed radar control to inquire if any other traffic was seen in their vicinity (now at their one o'clock position high and seemingly southbound). The answer was negative.

Little turned his landing and taxi lights on. He said (later), As the light came closer and closer, it was very apparent that we were going to pass very close and that the aircraft was not making any move to avoid us. He then asked for permission to descend immediately... We may need all the way to the deck immediately. He received permission to do so even though permission was not legally required. Under the circumstances, he was probably trying to set an example of extra-safe procedures for the benefit of the other two pilots on board. Little then disengaged the autopilot, pulled the throttle back and pushed the wheel forward ...trying to avoid a head-on collision. We descended to 6,500 feet but the lights came closer and closer. Then they saw not one but six, huge, round, bright, white lights in a (horizontal) row. A collision seemed imminent. Panicking, I yelled, 'We can't get away from him!' The situation seemed hopeless; there was no way to avoid him. We were all going to die because the pilot in the other craft wasn't paying attention. Little had to shield his eyes with his hands the lights were so intense. Suddenly, a soft green light was all over our cockpit.

There is a bit more at the above link in relation to this sighting, and lots of summaries of other pilot cases.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Isaac,

Just found your excellent post after returning from Penang.

Much appreciate your hard work and all thanks to Richard Haines for his response.

I now recall reading Haines's piece about the incident in his NARCAP paper but failed to connect it with karl12's opening post.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Fascinating to compare the 1967 Florida and 1995 UK hollow flying triangles. Both reportedly had six or so bright white 'lights' on one side and both reportedly travelled with one side forward.

This 'stealth' design would minimise the UAPS' radar cross sections, and if the central triangular 'holes' were large enough, the craft would be virtually invisible from the ground.

Wonder if any other similar UAPs have been reported? Google has little to say, so perhaps here is a chance for someone to use Isaac Koi's rapid search techniques on the various UFO databases.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

Wow, someone actually in my town!

No, I haven't seen anything like what you described. There are so many airports around us though (at least 5), that I have to assume anything white and cylindrical was a plane. (probably a USCG C-130 from the Clearwater base)....although you'd hear that one pretty good. They tend to fly low over us too, often at less than 1000 ft, as they approach the base.

I didn't see what you did though, so I can't judge more than that.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
With the details and references kindly supplied by Dr Haines set out above, I've pulled out the relevant article in the International UFO Reporter ("IUR") journal..

Some sterling research work there Isaac and kudos to Dr Haines for supplying the case info.
Fascinating interview on the IUR pages you posted and now that a date has been given I also saw the incident was briefly mentioned in the NICAP chronologies for 1967 - couldn't find any similar reports from around the same time other than this admittedly vague one from the day after in Tunbridge Wells:

Oct. 28, 1967; Tunbridge Wells, Kent, UK

Cat. 3. Triangular object with bright white lights ahead. Slowly rose and moved away; car could then be restarted.

(Flying Saucer Review, Vol. 14, No. 3; See Rodeghier, 1981, p. 37 [E,L]) car.

NICAP Chronologies 1967

Haven't got much time at the mo but will certainly have a rummage round other sources like the APRO bulletins, MUFON journals and Keyhoe archives for similar reports.

All the best mate.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This case sounds similar to the Florida Piper-Twin Commanche's VOR being interfered with and involves a UFO approaching an airliner from the port side and affecting its gyro-compasses.

See 7:00

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

1.bp.blogspot.com...
www.mimenta.com...

There are planes in the sky that will not be 'official' for 20 years.

Shadow Herder, thanks for posting your aircraft pictures -when it comes to the flying triangle subject I also thought this article from Nick Redfern brought up some interesting points.

Flying Triangles: Not “Secret Aircraft”

top topics

<< 1   >>

join