It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Lava Paths of the Dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

I lived in Hawaii for two years during high school. My family and I lived in AMR (Alimanu military Reserve) which is Army housing in a huge crater. Well it was said the these soldiers would march on top of the crater near some of the old bunkers. My friends and I would sneak up there alot (it was off limit), but we never personally saw anything.

I personally love the menehune (not sure if I spelled that right) stories. The menehune are small pygmy type entities that are also soldier like and live in the forest.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

Jesus Christ gives me authority over spirits. I will not fear whatever these things are, living or dead. There are no ghosts, only demons (a.k.a. fallen angels)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Wonderful story. Though I wouldn't worry too much about having to roll around in smelly stuff.
Just one of my eldest's socks would protect the whole family.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ah, nice thread. I was just thinking about the Night Marchers yesterday, when I was down in Waipio valley. There's a town above the valley called Kukuihaele, which means "traveling light," because the marchers are seen to pass through on their way down in to the valley.

Guess I'll tell about something that happened to me a few years ago. I was camping in the back of the valley with my gf, just sleeping out in the open, no tent. At some point late in the night, after we had been asleep for a while, we were woken up by the sounds of drums. The moon was really bright, and everything was just lit up and looked surreal.

I told her to stay there while I went and checked it out, thinking maybe it was just a late-night hippie drum circle or something. I snuck through the jungle a little ways towards the sound, and could see a line of torches moving through the trees. At that point, I got out of there and ran back to our camp as quietly as I could.

I told my gf to get under the blankets and not look out, while I hid our bags under a few bushes and threw leaves over the blankets. I got under with her and told her not to move or make any sounds, and after a while the sounds moved away. I don't think we ever did go back to sleep that night.

Now all I saw was a line of torches moving through the jungle, so I'm not saying for sure it was the spirits of dead warriors, but I wasn't going to get close enough to find out. I suppose it could have just been people beating drums and walking around with torches late at night, but either way, it was more than a little creepy, especially after hearing stories about the Night Marchers for years.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
good to see another hawaiian on here

Auright!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
yahh multiple hawaiians

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Please, please more member stories from Hawaii!

2nd.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join