It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roll over Einstein: Pillar of physics challenged

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
There has been speculation that as our solar system approaches the galactic ecliptic that some vibrations are increasing in speed. Connected with the theories of our awakening consciousness and dimensional shifts.

Scientist have also been noticing that certain particle isotopes have been changing there half-life rates as well. Some people also attribute this increase of vibrations to be responsible for global warming occurring in our solar system.

Could this be related to those theories? Maybe there is some connection where these neutrinos are vibrating faster now, along with everything else in our galaxy, because of this upcoming galactic alignment.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

I had never heard of the changing half lifes before....ill have to look into that...i may have lost an argument recently then haha

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

There would be time dilation involved to the point where the particle would simply cease to exist in our frame of time reference to it. AKA time travel. Our velocity in which we travel through space dictates what is observable to us at each moment. All observable space is traveling within our observable frame of time because nothing we can see travels faster than light from the speed we are traveling at through space.

Seems that it did not slip out of our place in the space time continuum therefore these folks have made mistake/s somewhere in evaluating their results.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Limits are only constrained by the measurement.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

Here is an article about particle decay rates being mysteriously altered

Is the Sun emitting a mystery particle?

Here is ATS thread on it
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

Good point! So how were they able to measure a particle that supposedly went faster than the speed of light?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Read up on Tachyons.

They have been proposed for a long time.

The "speed limit" of light is like a mirror essentially.

This helps too.

This doesn't hurt either.

This doesn't hurt to read either. It is all related. Consciousness creates. We change the entanglement upon observing. It is more than simple physics.

It has long been thought particles and their antiparticles pop in and out of existence. At the event horizon, some of those antiparticles are sucked in and it causes decay of the singularity. It also causes new particles to form here.

Next, go think how observation effects particles/light and your mind will explode. Then go and look into how time actually changes based on gravity etc. That will blow your mind as well. Time is not linear!

Then think how energy IS mass and mass causes gravity and light is energy as well.. They are one and the same. Just on different frequencies. It will blow your mind.

The implications, once realized, blew Einsteins mind as well. He never recovered from it.
edit on 22-9-2011 by 0pened because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There are a number of very interesting possibilities here:

#1. Einstein's Special Relativity holds, and there is some unidentified systemic error in CERN's measurement process (by far the most likely scenario).

#2. Relativity holds, but Photons (light) have an extremely tiny, as yet undetected, mass. This means the "speed of light" is not the same as the value of c in E = mc^2. This would be an amazing turn of events, but hard to believe some other experiment wouldn't have detected this somewhere else already.

#3. Relativity holds in our space-time, but Neutrinos are "breaking" the speed of light limit by entering and taking shortcuts through some other dimension/wormhole. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one.

#4. Special Relativity breaks down, everything we thought we knew about physics is wrong, and I have to change my ATS screen name now.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

your car is a farraday cage,so you are protected as long as you dont stick your body parts outside.when the craft/car is turned off you would then have to wait for the radiation to subside.thats why the car/crafts outer skin needs to be aluminum.aluminum has a very short half life compared to steel.thats why occupants of ufos rarely leave their craft and people should not walk up and touch one.when its on or off.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

I choose your #3 possibility. And I'll call it "hyperspace".

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

I like it!

edit on 22-9-2011 by mc_squared because: youtube embedding can't handle ludicrous speed

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I don't know enough about the science to know one way or another. They could come out a week from now and say that bruno caused the measurement error and it would make perfect sense. I'm really just an observer. Whatever they say is essentially god-speak to me.
edit on 22-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
To me the theory of relativity sounds like utter non-sense. When you accelerate your car down the highway does your car get bigger, smaller or remain the same? I know my car stays the same!

Sometimes people need to think things out better. It makes little difference if we are talking about cars, shuttles or super-dooper space ships. If the space shuttle going to the moon acclerated to twice the speed it originally went, would it get bigger in volume or mass? I think not!!

This is the sort of unfortunate, stubbornly arrogant, limited-to-your-own-perception thinking that made people scoff for centuries at the idea the Earth could possibly be round, because you know - obviously everyone would just fall off if it was.

The universe is much bigger and much smaller than anything you can perceive sitting in your car.

Relativistic effects have already been experimentally confirmed by doing things like flying atomic clocks around the world.

Hafele–Keating experiment

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
To me the theory of relativity sounds like utter non-sense. When you accelerate your car down the highway does your car get bigger, smaller or remain the same? I know my car stays the same!

Sometimes people need to think things out better. It makes little difference if we are talking about cars, shuttles or super-dooper space ships. If the space shuttle going to the moon acclerated to twice the speed it originally went, would it get bigger in volume or mass? I think not!!

Just because I have a bachelors degree in computer science and someone has a doctorate degree in astrophysics does not mean they have good intentions and I am too stupid to understand anything.

Hmm... Having read this post of your, I'm starting giving its last paragraph some serious thought.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
so this neutrino traveled 400+ miles and never hit any other atomic particles, this feat is more than a miracle, it is godlike.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0pened

Then go and look into how time actually changes based on gravity etc.

Gravitational time dilation is caused due to gravitational influences on a body in motion changing its rate of velocity.

Velocity creates time. Gravity has no other connection to time other than being created through mass in motion from the frame of reference changing as the mass is in motion. Simple analogy: When you are in a photo art gallery you have to move in order to see the next frame on display. If you do not move then you will only see only the photo frame you are standing in front of. Not moving through the Universe is the same as time standing still, but everything would move past you to the point where nothing would be seen. Because the differential in rates of travel between you and everything else would be to great to be able to observe anything else. If everything came to a stand still in the universe what time occupied would become an immobile solid. So you see time is motion, and motion is time. Gravity is not time, and time is not gravity. extra DIV

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It doesn't look like much of an increase. Maybe neutrinos are bound by less mass-energy and wave-particle duality than the photons, thus can go this tiny bit faster toward this ultimate speed limit, which has less to do with light and more to do with the nature of spacetime. If the "spacetime speed limit" has always been this .01% faster than light, maybe it just wasn't noticed until now.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have been waiting for this day my entire life. It was inevitable, for knowledge and discovery cannot be controlled.

A question to ponder-

What is the greatest obstacle of new, paradigm-shifting discoveries?
The human ego.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Though they are waiting for verification, this puts into serious doubt Einstein's assumption that nothing is faster than light (c). What is significant about this assumption is that it was used to resolve disparities between Maxwell's equations of electromagnetism and the classical known laws of mechanics. It puts into doubt all his theories, such as Special (SRT) and General Relativity (GRT), which are based on this assumption. This actually puts a lot of things into question including any subsequent theories, works, and interpretations on observable and measurable phenomena (100+ years worth) that depend on this assumption by Einstein and his related works. This is simply HUGE!!

It might be that LHC's ultimate benefit was to remove, or find fault (potentially falsify), Einstein's theories, and not to find the Higgs Bosom which has yet to be discovered. Though it could have been done for a lot less money if mainstream science only listened to the mounting evidence that Einstein had been wrong, at least in part. The benefit here is that in denouncing Einstein's works as ultimately being incorrect, yet giving him credit for the critical thinking he contributed and his scientific research, that it opens the doors to new and more correct lines of thinking and research in order to progress science and physics to the next level.

Ultimately this might amount to nothing, as in not verifying it, or worst yet, twisting the observation to fit the existing paradigm that Einstein is absolutely correct. Whichever way this goes, it's still very big and definitely casts doubt on everything Einstein.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
one word: AMAZING

now, if i only could live for another 100 years +, i might see travel to distant stars

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join