It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Roll over Einstein: Pillar of physics challenged

page: 15
142
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94
 


those photons should decay. They hit things and input energy. They must decay into something.

If not, than lasers are a infinite energy supply.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91
 


There's a difference between decay and absorption. Photons never decay, but electrons readily absorb them.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Now they say



"If something travels faster than the cosmic speed limit, then it becomes possible to send information into the past - in other words, time travel into the past would become possible. That does not mean we'll be building time-machines anytime soon though - there is quite a gulf between a time-travelling neutrino to a time-travelling human." Read more: www.foxnews.com...



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex
 


Well, this isn't advanced science, but ant hole technology. So,ideas of time travel relate to what the universe is, and even if Time exists outside the mind and orbit of said star, the mind is programmed to exist under.

Advanced science, ie, cosmic star visitors type, isnt on our models of the universe and their's work.

Theirs is on holographic, infinity quantum models.

For example, you seem to think you're traveling through time, in a linear fashion. But are you? And what is movement?

There are theories that relate to clips in a roll of film where the new clip comes in, ie. your molecules are remade, you're a new person, when actions take place. I've been trying to find the videos that related to all of this, but cant find the key words to pull up the search bar. I've seen them.

If there is No Time, in infinity as that is a measurement, and if its related only to your mind and orbits, and if movement is different than we think, then there are infinite clips in infinite progression that do not have to occur on different levels in a linear way, at all.

From advanced perspective time travel is just locating the clip.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There is much confusion, still, about what Special Relativity states is possible.

Bradyons are particles that travel below the speed of light. Tachyons are particles that travel faster than light.

The Fitzgerald-Lorentz equations predict that bradyons can never become tachyons. Generalization of these equations to tachyons so that they still preserve general space-time covariance has been done years ago. The modified equations prove that tachyons cannot become bradyons.

Special Relativity as Einstein formulated it does NOT say that particles cannot travel faster than light (this is a commonly miconceived view). It merely forbids bradyons from becoming tachyons.

The issue facing physicists is NOT that particles have been measured to travel faster than light (or so it is currently claimed by one team of scientists). Einstein's Special Relativity and its modified form does not rule out the existence of such tachyons. The problem is that the particles in question are neutrinos, which are bradyons, which Einstein predicted cannot become tachyons.

My belief is that this result will not be confirmed by other measurements and that other physicists will point out sources of error in the measurement that the team never considered. Einstein's theory has been confirmed far too many times by 50 years of experiments in high-energy laboratories for this anomaly to stand a chance of being real.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
Its because mainstream teaches to think inside the box and not outside it.
Anything ouside the box is termed as pseudoscience.


What an ignorant statement...

It was the "mainstream" physics that gave birth to most outrageous and weird theories that seem to explain our Universe rather well. The only box that physics does impose into itself is actual experimental proof. So yeah, if you are saying you mastered the art of levitation, I invite you to step out of the balcony in a highrise and prove once and for all that it's true. Otherwise, indeed, I will call it pseudoscience.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C
 


Whether substantial or not, the fact speed of light is not a barrier anymore speaks volumes to our theories based on it.
It shows that science is flawed. It proves all their assumptions are just that, assumptions. Sure they may be based on specific observations but this proves observation does not make it true 100% of the time.

Science is about to be turned upside-down, perhaps they will learn something from this.Such as being more open minded to radical science theories.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Forgive me if I'm wrong in this, but to my knowledge -

The monumental find here is that Neutrinos have MASS and were measured moving faster than the speed of light. Einstein's theory was built around the photon, which is presumed to be massless (meaning pure energy). However, in recent years this assumption has been challenged as well (meaning to say, scientists are thinking that the photon does indeed have mass) which is one of the major reasons the Large Hadron Collider was built - to find the Higg's Boson particle (supposedly the particle which unites Mass and Energy). The photon has been consitantly measured to travel no faster then 186,000 miles per second (the speed of light) which is why Einstein used it as his constant in E=mc^2.

I'm not a scientist nor a student in the subject, but thats how I understand it. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (I would welcome it) but please don't flame me.

Cheers!



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi
 


They announced this due to it being significant after much re-checking. I doubt they will debunk what has been proven as a measurement failure.
It stands to reason that if Einstein was a bit wrong in his theory, he could be wrong on much more.
It's logical to reassess his logic and test it further to see if his assumptions proved correct.

Trying to prove what happened is impossible is a step backwards in my opinion.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by robomont
reply to post by EarthCitizen07
 


your car rolling down the road has kinetic energy.this energy is converted to mass thus increasing the effects gravity on it.by smoothing out and rounding off all sharp points then charging the car to 50000 volts then gravity is nullified even tho your car still has the kinetic energy/increased mass.


I don't want to travel in a car charged to 50kv. BRRRRPPZZZZZT! oops.

I guess I'm doomed to obey gravity. After all, it's THE LAW!


nenothtu - You don't have to worry dude, pedal to the medal. Because... Just by the act of charging your magnetic defense shield, surrounding your car, or the photon plasma within your magnetic shield with 50,000 volts; bypassses the chance of you having too electrify your car.

Can anybody help me with my hypothesis? That a magneticallly charged defense shield, surrounding a flying craft, will be able to negate the efffects of the speed of light barrier; when the speed is at or beyond the speed of light of said flying craft that has mass.

I just beginning to wonder how many neutrino's have passed thru my body, if any, thru my lifetime. If they have, I could have experienced a FTL event, without ever having feeling or knowing about it.

Beam me up Scotty


Thanks.

Erno86










posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
reply to post by Aim64C
 


Whether substantial or not, the fact speed of light is not a barrier anymore speaks volumes to our theories based on it.
It shows that science is flawed. It proves all their assumptions are just that, assumptions. Sure they may be based on specific observations but this proves observation does not make it true 100% of the time.

Science is about to be turned upside-down, perhaps they will learn something from this.Such as being more open minded to radical science theories.


Again, I simply don't get it -- it's a preliminary result of a very complex measurement that can be subject to a plethora of systematic errors -- yet you speak of it as certainty.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 


I've been saying that idiot has been wrong forever.

Unsurprising, and not the only thing that refutes his nonsense of bending space.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem
 


Hey man welcome back.
You could be right, but then again, maybe you have to think outside of that logical 'That's the way it is' box you got going there.
I'm sure they would of confirmed the results by repeating them (god knows how many cycles) to be SURE before going public, don't you think ?



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
Forgive me if I'm wrong in this, but to my knowledge -

The monumental find here is that Neutrinos have MASS and were measured moving faster than the speed of light. Einstein's theory was built around the photon, which is presumed to be massless (meaning pure energy). However, in recent years this assumption has been challenged as well (meaning to say, scientists are thinking that the photon does indeed have mass) which is one of the major reasons the Large Hadron Collider was built - to find the Higg's Boson particle (supposedly the particle which unites Mass and Energy). The photon has been consitantly measured to travel no faster then 186,000 miles per second (the speed of light) which is why Einstein used it as his constant in E=mc^2.

I'm not a scientist nor a student in the subject, but thats how I understand it. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (I would welcome it) but please don't flame me.

Cheers!







photons have no "resting" mass, but have dynamic and relativistic mass.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I know this is off-topic and any moderator can erase this soon I just need an answer about my Avatar and the help forums are very dormant and my question will most likely not be answered, my problem is this: I went to the media ATS and tried to login and that white screen comes up saying "There has been an error with your database." What can I do to solve this? Please help me, I thank you, and sorry once again for this off-topic post.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
what's the speed of brain environment photons, i.e. dreams?



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 


I've been saying that idiot has been wrong forever.


Indeed, you became a bore with your daily mantra "Einstein is an idiot" and frankly it's note cute. At all.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

What an ignorant statement...

It was the "mainstream" physics that gave birth to most outrageous and weird theories that seem to explain our Universe rather well. The only box that physics does impose into itself is actual experimental proof. So yeah, if you are saying you mastered the art of levitation, I invite you to step out of the balcony in a highrise and prove once and for all that it's true. Otherwise, indeed, I will call it pseudoscience.


Miss ignorance personified, you take the cake really.
You want to step ouside from the balcony without sitting inside the levitating device
You would certainly prove your ignorance. Go back to school and learn some physics
b4 posting. Catch my drift.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

Originally posted by buddhasystem

What an ignorant statement...

It was the "mainstream" physics that gave birth to most outrageous and weird theories that seem to explain our Universe rather well. The only box that physics does impose into itself is actual experimental proof. So yeah, if you are saying you mastered the art of levitation, I invite you to step out of the balcony in a highrise and prove once and for all that it's true. Otherwise, indeed, I will call it pseudoscience.


Miss ignorance personified, you take the cake really.
You want to step ouside from the balcony without sitting inside the levitating device
You would certainly prove your ignorance. Go back to school and learn some physics
b4 posting. Catch my drift.


I've done my share of physics education. You obviously lack that.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
Its because mainstream teaches to think inside the box and not outside it.
Anything ouside the box is termed as pseudoscience.


What an ignorant statement...

It was the "mainstream" physics that gave birth to most outrageous and weird theories that seem to explain our Universe rather well. The only box that physics does impose into itself is actual experimental proof. So yeah, if you are saying you mastered the art of levitation, I invite you to step out of the balcony in a highrise and prove once and for all that it's true. Otherwise, indeed, I will call it pseudoscience.


Indeed. The idea of quantum physics was solidified at the famous 1927 Solvay Conference. The attendees of that conference were the most important mainstream physicists of their time -- and among the most important ever.

That was a conference attended by mainstream physicists in which some of the weirdest "out-of-the-box" physics ideas were conceived, debated, and discussed.




top topics



 
142
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join