It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRA onscene in Orlando for Republican Debate!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've been trying to decide who my favorite news anchor is lately too GRA...It would really help me out if you get a chance to take more pictures of Megan Kelly...please? My some angles we dont get on TV?

Fantastic thread btw! Really enjoying this....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

What the heck is the Israeli flag doing there??
This is America, not an Israeli colony.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

1. Not sure, but it's got the gold trim which should send everyone batty on ATS. How's that for creepy?

2. You sure about that one?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I watched all the Hanity interviews after the debate and it just reinforced how much of a little puppet he is. He may have been civil with Ron Paul, but he had a level of arrogance and of course his continual fear mongering. I wish Ron Paul would have pursued Hanity’s line of questioning around Iran and Israel. He has said in the past that Israel has nukes and can protect themselves. I get so tired of these republicans wanting to police the world and using fear as their rational.

Santorum stumbled his arse off with the “sex has no place in the military”. The reality is that all social/religious issues in the military can be dealt with under the umbrella of MILITARY BEARING. His answer basically said you were once in the closet, then you were allowed out, now if I win we will pretend no one saw you come out and we will stuff you back in. This is not a question you could or should have tried to answer in such a short window, and if you do you better have a real solution
edit on 23-9-2011 by sensible thought because: Had to comment on Gays in military question

edit on 23-9-2011 by sensible thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony

Originally posted by groingrinder

1. Not sure, but it's got the gold trim which should send everyone batty on ATS. How's that for creepy?

2. You sure about that one?

I'm 95% sure it was the Israeli flag with the gold trim, next to the Florida flag and US flag (w/o gold trim on US flag for a change). One of the speakers alluded to the flag and the US standing beside Israel and making it clear to all her enemies. I think it was Santorum that pointed to the flag, but I could be mistaken.

I'm confined to my droid today, so my responses will be brief.

On my way to the senate forum now with Marco Rubio speaking first.
edit on 23-9-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Good Afternoon Everyone!!

First let me thank ATS Owners and Admins. They helped me get credentialed as press for this event, and I've been reluctant to post this thread until I actually arrived. Turns out, I am fully credentialed with all access Press Pass!! This will be a truly insider account of how the press covers these events!!

Enjoy that press pass.I remember that a good deal of the old ATS presscorp never did get their press credentials/passes.

No but really, this is so cool. I have a few questions and all that. Just not enough time to sit down and write them.

I will be back with my thoughts and questions.

edit on 23-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Rarely do I read through 8 pages of posts, riveted and unable to focus on anything but the thread. But, in this case, GRA, all I can say is KUDOS!!! Awesome reporting! I am infinitely glad I joined ATS.

My only comment in regards to the debate is a quote from Einstein, "We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Great Job GRA!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MensaDude
Rarely do I read through 8 pages of posts, riveted and unable to focus on anything but the thread. But, in this case, GRA, all I can say is KUDOS!!! Awesome reporting! I am infinitely glad I joined ATS.

My only comment in regards to the debate is a quote from Einstein, "We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Great Job GRA!

you know what this is like to me? it's like sad is what it is.

what you are seeing here at ATS is the same as the hippies becoming politicians.

it's all fine and well when you are a counter culture and nobody is watching. but then all of a sudden you get a credential and you've be legitimized.

so you can kiss your wonderful ATS goodbye. i'll even make a prediction.

in 2 years ATS will be so mainstream it won't even bear a slight resemblence to what it is at this moment.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
OK, back in the same ballroom as yesterday, the Israeli flag is gone and it is just the US and Florida flags. Apparently that was only for the religious faith and freedom rally yesterday.

There are planty of Perry and Romney aids here again today, but this is an event for theprimary republican that will oppose Bill Nelson for US Senator from Florida.

The main slogan here is "Nix Nelson!"

Adam Hasner basically owns this arena, signs and people evrywhere. There are 3 other candidates but you wouldn't know it by looking around here!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Some advice if anyone decides to tackle something like this for themselves, do your homework first, LOL! It is embarrassing to have to ask who someone is. Luckily, I'm not the only one, I've had many cameramen and blogggers come ask me who someone is, lol! It is obvious by the better suits and power ties whan someone is someone, but figuring out who that someone is, is a little more difficult!

Also, lots and lots of walking from bldg to bldg, wear great deodorant! I've had lots of people with b.o. in close proximity to me, and I don't like it, lol!

I just took a nice photo with adam hasner, and I will post it up later.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thanks to the brass at ATS for getting GRA setup with the press pass. Also, thank you GRA for doing the heavy lifting to bring us the goods. Excellent work

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I've noticed something very odd? There are a lot of gay men here, and I thought they were press, but I'm now figuring out they work for these campaigns where the candidates oppose gay marriage and gays in the military, yet their aids are happily working hard on their behalf?

Since I am a conservative, although I do not oppose gay marriage or gays in the mmilitary, I suppose it is a tgood thing, but I don't understand it? If the speeches were more along the lines of my flavor of conservatism, then I could see it, but the speeches yesterday were strongly against gay rights, yet here they are working hard?!)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I'll give you a topic:

Gay men working on the campaigns of candidates against gay marriage and gays in the military. Why?

Discuss.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
It is no surprise that Rick Perry and Mitt Romney are running the show there, which is how the system works. Those two are the present leaders with lots of cash and name recognition. Like you said though, there are more grassroots elements with the Ron Paul stickers on cars, etc… I am glad you were able to become the press for this debate and really show to us here on ATS what is being hidden and what actually the truth is.

Good luck man and please, don’t forget to have fun!

Watching the face off between those two reminds me a little of the face off between Bush and Kerry. Admittedly, neither Perry nor Romney are Skull and Bones, but they are I hear both Bilderberg attendees.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I've noticed something very odd? There are a lot of gay men here, and I thought they were press, but I'm now figuring out they work for these campaigns where the candidates oppose gay marriage and gays in the military, yet their aids are happily working hard on their behalf?

Since I am a conservative, although I do not oppose gay marriage or gays in the mmilitary, I suppose it is a tgood thing, but I don't understand it? If the speeches were more along the lines of my flavor of conservatism, then I could see it, but the speeches yesterday were strongly against gay rights, yet here they are working hard?!)

Are you just using Gaydar or are you asking people if they are?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible thought
I watched all the Hanity interviews after the debate and it just reinforced how much of a little puppet he is. He may have been civil with Ron Paul, but he had a level of arrogance and of course his continual fear mongering. I wish Ron Paul would have pursued Hanity’s line of questioning around Iran and Israel. He has said in the past that Israel has nukes and can protect themselves. I get so tired of these republicans wanting to police the world and using fear as their rational.

Santorum stumbled his arse off with the “sex has no place in the military”. The reality is that all social/religious issues in the military can be dealt with under the umbrella of MILITARY BEARING. His answer basically said you were once in the closet, then you were allowed out, now if I win we will pretend no one saw you come out and we will stuff you back in. This is not a question you could or should have tried to answer in such a short window, and if you do you better have a real solution
edit on 23-9-2011 by sensible thought because: Had to comment on Gays in military question

edit on 23-9-2011 by sensible thought because: (no reason given)

You know what? I agree with Santorum, and here is why. A person's sexual predilection is his own business, and it really has no business being injected into the military. This is our defense of our nation we are talking about, and if people's sex life and making a huge agenda of it is more important than the actual service, well then maybe they ought not to be in the military. That's just my opinion and you can yell at me all you want.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Cuba is a state sponsor on terror? Why?

Bachmann was well-received on that rebuttal, but I don't get it? Of course, these are Floridians in the audience, and there is a lot of hatred for the tidal wave of Cubans here. The immigration problem here is probably worse than the one in Texas, and we have an ocean instead of a fence.

It's because they are still a Communist country and people are still alive who experienced the Cuban Missile Crisis. I don't trust the communist regime of Cuba either. My guess is neither does Marco Rubio as his family knows first hand about the revolution there. When they stop being a communist satellite country is when they will get my vote of confidence, maybe...cause I still don't trust Putin either.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I would have paid attention to this thread if you were an objective observer, but I see you support one of the candidates. In that light, any reporting that you do will be biased and skewed. I want to see reports from people who haven't bought into the lies and manipulations of the republican/democratic/"libertarian" political machinary.
Good for you and the people who think like you do, but for ATS, since you're one of "them", whatever you say here is pointless. In My Opinion, of course.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

So, when straight people have a child ( a result of a person's "sex life" ), it has no bearing? When they talk about their significant others back home, and share their letters from home, it has no affect on their morale? If they plan a wedding or get a divorce, it has no affect on their job performance?
Gay people don't want to have sex on duty, or on the base back by the ammo depot. They simply don't want to be discriminated against because of who they love and/or have sex with on their own time. Gays are entitled to the same basic civil rights as everyone else.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

I don't believe GRA's coverage has been biased at all considering he has interjected his own personal thoughts on who he might support. Have you read the entire thread? Where do you feel there is bias?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join