It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange "smoke smell across permian basin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Strange "smoke smell across permian basin

www.kwes.com

PERMIAN BASIN - Many West Texans have reported the strong smell of smoke in the Midland-Odessa-Big Spring area.

There have currently been no large fires reported in the immediate area.

Gusty winds are likely bringing in smoke from areas outside the Permian Basin.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
PERMIAN BASIN - Many West Texans have reported the strong smell of smoke in the Midland-Odessa-Big Spring area.

There have currently been no large fires reported in the immediate area.

Gusty winds are likely bringing in smoke from areas outside the Permian Basin.

This is not just in West Texas..it is also in New Mexico. Just wonder if it is a local incident, or if it is other places.

www.kwes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Interesting because here in California on the coast I was walking my doogy this am and I noticed a smoky pall in the air. I just figured it was from the nearby freeway, but who knows. I didn't smell smoke. It was whitish, not brown smog or fog. I could see the sunlight shining thru it.
edit on 22-9-2011 by intrptr because: correction

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Could this be related?

August 24, 2011

Russia Reports Nuclear Explosions Hit Vast US Military Tunnel Network

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

A frightening foreign military intelligence directorate (GRU) report circulating in the Kremlin today states that over the past nearly 36 hours the vast intercontinental military tunnel complex constructed by the United States Air force over the past nearly 45 years was hit with two powerful nuclear explosions at its main terminuses in Colorado and Virginia used nearly exclusively by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

This GRU report, however, points out that Russian engineers are well acquainted with this unique sound as they work feverishly to prepare an additional 5,000 bomb shelters ordered by Prime Minister Putin this past spring to be completed by the end of 2012.

Russian engineers were, also, able to duplicate this unique sound this past March when they were called into the Ukraine to vent a number of deep underground tunnels from poison gas that had killed three people near Kiev and which was, likewise, captured by video. [2nd video left]

Within a few hours of the venting of this vast tunnel complex, this report continues, a nuclear device was detonated at its western terminus located near Trinidad Colorado with the second blast occurring nearly 12 hours later at the eastern terminus near Culpeper Virginia, and both causing powerful earthquakes felt by tens of millions of Americans.

Unbeknownst to the vast majority of the American people is that the vast military tunnel network constructed since the early 1960’s under their country has cost an estimated $40 trillion and with the exception of this attack shows no sign of abating.

The only known photo of one of the massive US Air Force boring machines used to construct this vast tunnel complex was taken by Little Skull Mountain in Nevada in December 1982 [see bottom photo] and is similar in design to those used to construct the Chunnel between England and France.

Maps of these tunnels, and the underground bases associated with them, have been compiled over the years by many independent researchers along with lists of their probable locations.

The specific tunnel attacked by these nuclear devices, this GRU report says, was being used by the CIA during their moving of their headquarters and all of their assets out of their Langley Virginia location to their new base located in Denver Colorado that was begun in 2005 for reasons still not fully explained.

The GRU speculates that the timing of this attack in hitting the western terminus first, then the eastern one, was more than likely meant to “trap and destroy” whatever the CIA was currently moving through this tunnel from Langley to Denver.

Most interesting to note is that this attack comes nearly a decade to the day after the 11 September 2011 internal war between the CIA and the US military establishment that rained destruction upon America, and then the world, but whose final battle has yet to be fought, or won, by either side.

To what the final outcome of this titanic struggle will be it is not in our knowing, other than to note that when two powerful forces like these collide, and as they have done so many times in the past, the ultimate losers end up being the American people whose delight in total ignorance as to what is happening around them continues to astound the whole world.

August 24, 2011 EU and US all rights reserved. Permission to use this report in its entirety is granted under the condition it is linked back to its original source at WhatDoesItMean.Com.

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

PS. I live in Ottawa Canada.. and on Tuesday this week we, my wife and I both smelled a distinct smokey smell .. even our neighbours asked us about it.. we also have no idea what it was..

edit on 22-9-2011 by Iiquiringmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think im going to start making things up like Sorcha Faal.. his job seems easy.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Iiquiringmind

Sorcha Faal = Such a FAIL.

2nd.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Iiquiringmind

no, no it couldn't be related. and i'll give you two reasons why 1.sorcha 2.faal

hoax queen is not a good source of information

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Last night the air smelled kind a little smoky on the east. Just smelled weird. I don't smell it today.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Sorcha Faal - The Rita Skeeter of the muggle world.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
sorry didn't know she was not credible.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
A few weeks ago their was a string of earthquakes in the west Texas and New Mexico area. I wonder if the smoke is related.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I am on the Texas / New Mexico border, and I noticed a smoky smell and smoky air an hour or so ago. I walked all over my property looking for the grass fire, but don't see any fires anywhere. The smell is still there and the air looks "dirty".

There are strong winds from the E / NE right now. There has to be a fire somewhere, most likely in central Texas. After all, where there's smoke, there's gotta be fire, right?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It has been so dry in Texas, and there have been recent fires, so maybe another one is just starting up and just smouldering right now.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I smelled it all morning, was affraid we had more underground shorts at the plant. This report makes me feel a bit better. Now I can stop looking for fire.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Up here in NE Pennsylvania. I just left my girlfriends apt. and as we were outside, we too could smell a smoke in the air. Oddly enough we also smelled a slight hint of sulfur and/or sewage. Not sure on that one.

Just wanted to throw in an update and confirmation from a different area.

~The Doc

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I would start worrying when you start to smell almonds in the air. But by the time you start worrying about it it'll probably be too late...

top topics

join