It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Time Poster/Drone's Found on NC Beaches 9/22/2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

I have been a long time lurker and this is my first post, so please be patient with me if you would. First, I truly enjoy the fascinating topics covered on this website and am so happy I stumbled upon it. There is no doubt, my horizons have been expanded, new ideas have been introduced to my method of thinking and I am a better, more tolerant and open minded person as a result. Also, I have become a much more critical thinker and reader and this has helped me in my professional life. So for that thank you! There are some very intelligent people here who post fascinating topics and I am so humbled and impressed in the level of research people put into their work.

Okay, now that I have that taken care of there is something I think you guys will be interested in. I don't know how I feel about the whole "Comet Elenin" topic, at first I thought it was just more doomsday banter, but I am really starting to think something is up. I don't know if it is related to Elenin or not, but there is some strange things going on. Specifically interesting is what is going on in Denver. Until recently, I didn't think it was much more than coincidence, but goodness sakes, the "coincidences" are really starting to pile up!

I used to spend a lot of time on the beaches of North Carolina and like to read the online edition of the local paper. Today, there is a headline that states, "Theories abound about Drone's found on beaches". Here is the link, which actually has a picture of the "drone". I would have posted a picture, but I'm not sure how to do that quite yet.

shorelines.blogs.starnewsonline.com...

This was not the only one, roughly sixty miles south, a very similar or identical drone was also found on another beach. Does anyone have any idea what is up with that??

These may simply be model airplanes, I simply don't know. If any experts can take a look and let me know, I would appreciate it. What concerns me is the fact that we have a nuclear plant on the coast very close to where these landed. Am I being paranoid here or is this something we should be concerned about? If it were any other weekend I wouldn't think much of it, but there is just so much strange behavior going on I just couldn't let it slide.

Sorry for the long post, I hope I am not posting information that is already out there. If so, Mods, please feel free to delete this post.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
this just popped up at the website--

“The aircraft in question is a UAT or Unmanned Aerial Target; specifically it is called the ‘Griffon MQM-170,’ which is primarily used for surface-to-air missile defense training,” said Mike Barton, Deputy Director of Public Affairs at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point and the 2d Marine Aircraft Wing. “2nd Low Altitude Air Defense Battalion, based at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, just completed a live fire exercise on Sept. 17 at Onslow Beach at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune. What was found is the remains of two of the targets, out of 40 that were used during the exercise.” If they wash up near you, you can keep them. “As we can’t re-use those aircraft, the finders are welcome to keep them, or we can arrange to pick them up,” Barton said.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Awesome find! This should be moved to a different forum so it gains some traction.

articles.latimes.com...

There are plenty of articles about how drones are now being used for "domestic purposes".

I'd hope the Feds would use something a bit more technical than a little RC plane!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Welcome...

See Bowmen's comment in the Comments section in link....
Source

The aircraft in question is a UAT or Unmanned Aerial Target; specifically it is called the ‘Griffon MQM-170,’ which is primarily used for surface-to-air missile defense training,” said Mike Barton, Deputy Director of Public Affairs at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point and the 2d Marine Aircraft Wing. “2nd Low Altitude Air Defense Battalion, based at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, just completed a live fire exercise on Sept. 17 at Onslow Beach at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune. What was found is the remains of two of the targets, out of 40 that were used during the exercise.”

Yippie you can keep it!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

DoD has been using simple RC planes for years. Its the cameras and communication equipment that is high-tech, not the vehicle itself.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Thanks for the update, glad to know that is all it is! Whatever the case, I think I'll keep one eye on the sky for the next few days....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
Yippie you can keep it!!!

Man I would LOVE to have one! Not because it uses particularly expensive equipment or anything (from what I can see it looks like a fairly ordinary glow engine and run-of-the-mill servos) but I'm a big R/C plane nut and the guys at the field would flip if I showed up with an actual military drone and flew it around

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We shoot them down for practice. They are usually not as intact as the one they found though.

Semper Fi

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So these aren't HAARP controlled Illuminati drones sent here by the Reptilians to control the minds of US citizens and bring about the NWO and crash Elenin in to the UARS satellite, all of which will explode over Earth and bring about a new stone age for the masses, while the global elite live in luxury for the next millennium under the Denver International Airport in a secret lavish bunker? Crap!
edit on 22-9-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join