It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the point of "paid disinfo agents" on ATS?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

you tell me

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

I'm often accused of being a paid disinfo agent employed by - usually- the government. So are a number of other posters who broadly support the "OS".

OS official story of 9/11 OK is that what OS means. Till this thread I never bothered much to confirm that fact of what OS means.

What I struggle to understand is why anyone would pay for such a service. It's not as though an ATS message board would, if left without any counter-arguments, suddenly automatically trigger a revolution. Or even a popularisation of 9/11 "Truth". Indeed having people participate in the discussions prolongs them and makes them more, not less, likely to achieve publicity.

Hmm in this world public mass opinion matters its all just a numbers game and that is he who has the numbers wins. It does not matter what the truth actually is but what the majority think the truth is, then that is what the truth is.

And all publicity is just a front in this case for making a case and gaining followers, for or against. And publicity itself is a case onto itself as we know as well as a business. The whole point of the game is to be so much in the majority that the minority is of no consequence what so ever....Because believe it or not humanity is a sort of hive mind, and any hive mind must have main purposes and a main reality, complete with creeds, credos, believes, and all that stuff.

Duh why do you think mult billionaires spend all that money to buy TV stations, studios, news stations and Radio station and all types of mediums of communications? Control is a big factor and the more people visit that particular medium the more potential there is for whatever they want, whether it be control for there gains, or to sell something, or anything else that people want. Really its simple mathematics. And he who has the numbers in a confrontation of masses wins.

Imagine a board without "debunkers". How would it further the cause of 9/11 Truth? And if it wouldn't particularly, then why would debunkers be needed?

A board without debunkers does not exist. Quit making stuff up.

And wouldn't the paid agents need, by definition, to be in on the conspiracy? So much for a small group of insiders. If they're inducting cubicle wage slaves into the Grand Plan then surely one of us would blow the whole thing open for a few dollars?

No they would not. All that is needed is to follow orders or the plans given, and if a story is needed for them to do as they are told, then one shall be provided. Then the rest is just setting rules and penalties for breaking those rules.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by waypastvne

In order for your analogy to be true, innocent people would have to be tried and convicted unjustly. First off, noone has been charged, let alone convicted, and they made damn sure that Osama couldn't tell us his side of the story. No, it's not anything close to a 'witch hunt'. You are defending the indefensible, again. Your agenda is showing.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

A board without debunkers does not exist. Quit making stuff up.

Not sure about that. Several boards exist without debunkers, but they aren't popular.

No they would not. All that is needed is to follow orders or the plans given, and if a story is needed for them to do as they are told, then one shall be provided. Then the rest is just setting rules and penalties for breaking those rules.

I don't get it. They would follow the story because... why? What's in it for them?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
If they're inducting cubicle wage slaves into the Grand Plan then surely one of us would blow the whole thing open for a few dollars?

How do you know they are paid crappy?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

None of that really answers why anyone would bother to target ATS specifically with disinfo. Can you tell me what would happen here if there were no disinfo agents? No debunkers? Explain what would happen that TPTB would not like.Text

This is too much....lol ....using the same flawed logic

Where's my "flawed logic"? Explain specifically what you mean.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911

It isn't my assumption! There's a general notion that there are "paid" disinfo agents here. I don't believe for a moment that there are. Try to keep up.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

It isn't my assumption! There's a general notion that there are "paid" disinfo agents here. I don't believe for a moment that there are. Try to keep up.

Then why did you say this?

"If they're inducting cubicle wage slaves into the Grand Plan then surely one of us would blow the whole thing open for a few dollars? "

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Then why did you say this?

"If they're inducting cubicle wage slaves into the Grand Plan then surely one of us would blow the whole thing open for a few dollars? "

In order to explore the idea that people are being paid to propagate the "OS" as you describe it.

I think you may be behind the curve. I'm asking why people would be paid to propagate the "OS". You seem to think that this is unlikely, as do I. We're on the same page.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I think you may be behind the curve. I'm asking why people would be paid to propagate the "OS". You seem to think that this is unlikely, as do I. We're on the same page.

I don't think it's unlikely. I think it's common sense that TPTB would.

I just want to know why you'd think they'd pay internet trolls lousy?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I just want to know why you'd think they'd pay internet trolls lousy?

I don't think they would.

Can you not see from my posts in this thread that I'm questioning the idea that they would? That's literally the whole point of this thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Then why did you make that comment that made it look like you'd think the perp internet trolls would be paid lousy?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I'm often accused of being a paid disinfo agent employed by - usually- the government. So are a number of other posters who broadly support the "OS".

What I struggle to understand is why anyone would pay for such a service. It's not as though an ATS message board would, if left without any counter-arguments, suddenly automatically trigger a revolution. Or even a popularisation of 9/11 "Truth". Indeed having people participate in the discussions prolongs them and makes them more, not less, likely to achieve publicity.

Imagine a board without "debunkers". How would it further the cause of 9/11 Truth? And if it wouldn't particularly, then why would debunkers be needed?

And wouldn't the paid agents need, by definition, to be in on the conspiracy? So much for a small group of insiders. If they're inducting cubicle wage slaves into the Grand Plan then surely one of us would blow the whole thing open for a few dollars?

Firstly I should say that while I see it as a possibility, its probably unlikely they are paying people to debunk conspiracies. But on the other hand, if the conspiracies are true...

That said, there are arguments for it: Namely distracting and wasting the time of people who research, to throw them off the real trail and lead them down blind alleys and to confuse anyone who clicks on a thread just wanting a straight answer. The amount of back and forth that goes on in each thread, with both sides presenting supposedly irrefutable proof but neither accepting it, is down right draining. The perfect "trap" for people who could otherwise potentially organise themselves into a coherent movement.

They could also have people paid to throw out bogus theories and make it look like there are a lot of people who support them, so that elements of the media can then point to those theories and use them as anti-conspiracy talking points. This is called controlled opposition.

As for your last point - why would they need to induct them into the conspiracy? All they would need to say to a patriotic person who believes the OS is something along the lines of "There are a lot of misguided people out there. They have all these weird ideas about 9/11. Damn it, its un-American. Its dangerous. You understand don't you son? You've gotta get out there and set them straight, for the good of your country!". Yeah, for some people, that's all it would take.

As for intentionally leading people astray with bogus ideas, that would take a different kind of person. In which case, they could be psycho or sociopaths who don't give a # about lying to people. It could be framed as "psych research" or an "intelligence experiment" where they are supposedly testing just how many people will believe these stories. It could be passed off as just an excercise that might fool a few people but isn't really harming anyone - and since they believe the OS the people doing it would be none the wiser. They would probably then get a kick out of seeing the news bash their story and not think any more of it.

So yeah, its entirely possible but I won't go around accusing anyone of it, though I may have in the past - sorry

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShadeI don't get it. They would follow the story because... why? What's in it for them?

A pay check. I hear they are getting rarer in the US.

P.S. The other poster was talking specifically about your use of the words "for a few dollars" i.e. that you think they would be paid a low wage if they were employed by the Government and therefore be more likely to spill the beans if they were dissatisfied. The user's point was that if they did exist, they could be paid pretty well and therefore have less reason to blow the whistle.

But your logic is flawed anyway because they wouldn't necessarily know what they were really doing.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2011 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I suppose War is a good example of getting people to do things they otherwise wouldn't.

If you told someone on the street to step into a room where they were going to get shot, no-one would do it.

But if you tell them that their way of life is at risk and they need to go to another country where they might get shot, then people do it in droves.

Pretty similar idea - misdirection and lies, its the MO of the ruling elite if any of the conspiracies are true.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The only reason/point that truthers believe that there are paid agents is cuz they want to believe that they are important enough to warrant that kind of attention.

But they are nothing more than cat toys

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

As for intentionally leading people astray with bogus ideas, that would take a different kind of person. In which case, they could be psycho or sociopaths who don't give a # about lying to people. It could be framed as "psych research" or an "intelligence experiment" where they are supposedly testing just how many people will believe these stories. It could be passed off as just an excercise that might fool a few people but isn't really harming anyone - and since they believe the OS the people doing it would be none the wiser. They would probably then get a kick out of seeing the news bash their story and not think any more of it.

So yeah, its entirely possible but I won't go around accusing anyone of it, though I may have in the past - sorry

Case in point:

The set comments to "by approval only", then only approved comments that thought the video was real, while in reality it was debunked on ATS within seconds and moved to hoaxes here within the day.

[I do admit to given this particular video more air than it deserved, but I was genuinely more interested in HOW it was faked than the fact that it WAS faked, and said so at the time]

So yeah, it does happen.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Darkwing01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2011 by Darkwing01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joey Canoli
The only reason/point that truthers believe that there are paid agents is cuz they want to believe that they are important enough to warrant that kind of attention.

But they are nothing more than cat toys

Yet you skeptics give us so much or your attention.

Betcha kinda wish you could take back your last response, huh? Makes you look like losers giving so much of your attention to "cat toys."

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Nice find. The guy seems pretty transparent given he apparently used to be a truther. You'd think he'd have a bit more empathy. I doubt he was ever a truther tbh.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

What I struggle to understand is why anyone would pay for such a service.

A dis-info agent is used in many occasions to split up a claim or an argument, so that it will create different opinions among individuals. Basically to divide a group to have different understanding and view points about a subject. That way you create two camps arguing each other on the subject. And the subject can just sit and watch.

The 911 issue is a good example of all this. Who ever is responsible for 911 can just sit and watch the public argue it self to death, without getting anywhere. The public are accusing each other of being O'sayers and truthers. Thanks to dis-information and a poor investigation. And there will never be a new investigation unless the two camps can agree on having a new investigation to settle their dispute.

PS; NIST is the payed of dis-info agent.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join