It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the point of "paid disinfo agents" on ATS?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
1) Discredit and ridicule respected truth seekers no matter who they are.
2) Debunk and disrupt any thread that may have a grain of truth to it.
3) Influence mass opinion by posting the same things over and over.
4) Increase the validity of disinfo posts by staring each others regurgitation's.
5) Twist scientific facts to debunk critical arguments that wont go away.
6) Mock the intelligence of anyone with beliefs that differ from the mainstream.
7) Provoke arguments and off-topic discussion where all else fails.
8) Never admit defeat, keep on shoveling crap into the fire and it will burn.
9) Be an "honest and down to Earth guy" by debunking real hoaxes consistently.
10) Use reverse psychology when anyone accuses you of being a disinfo agent.

None of which answers the question.

Almost like you're trying to change the subject...

Are you a disinfo agent?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

I think You're failing to see that it will take "critical mass" before the actions begin. More and more of Us waking every day. Soon, it will be.

How long, roughly? I plan to still behere in a year or more, so we can check the validity of your claim. When's the revolution going to happen?

Umm... Personally? Can't say I have Their names. I'm saying that there are some number (many) that are indeed wavering or looking for ANYTHING to tell Them They don't have to change Their quality world. Agent activity would give Them that. And, by the evidence of many who join ATS claiming They used to believe the OS and now don't, I would say there are a LOT of lurkers developing Their stances based on what We write here.

Depends what you mean by a LOT. In absolute numbers I would say it's a minuscule number of people. You also can't know the number who look at the theories and decide that they are nonsense. Unless of course you create a handy piece of cognitive dissonance for yourself where you assume that they must all be disinfo agents...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

Yes I am one of those who has called you a dis-info agent in the past, and I stand by my statement.

Why do I say that? Well you're constantly in 9/11 threads backing the official story, and anybody can click on your profile and see that your past 800 posts have been restricted to 9/11 threads. Maybe you just really enjoy coming on here and arguing with people solely on the topic of 9/11, I don't know, but I can't think of a more suitable candidate for a dis-info agent than yourself.

Is there any reason to believe that disinfo agents are used to begin with? Is it known that a PR company has been tasked with the matter of 911 or something along those lines? Of, if such a matter isnt handed over to private companies, is it known that any agencies set up bureaus who would conduct this kind of work?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Is there any reason to believe that disinfo agents are used to begin with?

I'm not going to address the rest because I think your point is valid. But this? I've only been in the chat room for about 2 weeks, and I've experienced people pumping themselves up to start the revolution NOW. There are people here that are nearly ready, and from a governmental perspective, while maybe not needing people in here inciting a riot or quelling it, I'd say that they have a real reason to watch the site. It's the same way they attempt to monitor Gun Clubs and militias. No surprise and no reason to freak out over it.

This country's got "leaders" calling for violent protests on both sides. Yes, most of them are fringe. Some of them have the media's hearts, and the media broadcasts what they have to say about it all over the place because the media is a bunch of sensationalism hound dogs.

So, the biggest reason to stir up dissidents in 9/11 forum? Angry upset people are far more likely to take it to the streets than those who calmly think it out. But that's not about 9/11, that's about people who want a revolution vs. people who fear a revolution. What is more disturbing is the thought that these people are upsetting themselves into a possible civil war situation, and if disinformation agents AREN'T in here, someone's playing a big game of "Bring it!"

Now, that aside. Talk is talk. Those who are far more likely to be planned instigators aren't going to talk about doing it. So yeah, there's reasons to not jump off the deep end.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I don't know or even really care if there are disinfo agents on this forum or any other. One thing I have noticed is something many whistleblowers have mentioned which is that the government, especially black ops is highly compartmentalized, on a strict "need to know" basis, and possibly most importantly that the lie is deeper on every level. By doing this it makes sense that it would be quite easy to control the flow of legit info under the guise of "plausible deniability."

Just my $0.02

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Trick - can you contact NWO Central...?

My shill check is late this month

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
What is ATS to me...? just a curiosity. It is comprised of a few people (oldtimers) with the 'too Cool' avitars, and those who's goal is to 'be somebody' by posting in the forums with doom and gloom. Or some who copy stories content from other sources like Alix Jones, Coast to Coast, Cryptamundo , The Star or National Enquirer or the like. Rarely are there any stories with actual substance that are not then loaded with hyperbole or 'scare' , it just happens to be the human condition with all these varied personalities vying for space. When I first came to ATS I thought it was an actual source of lagit information, and viewed it as such, but it didn't take long to see a pattern here on the site. Remember, anyone can post anything, and if it has any sense of logic or is plausible, no mater how out there, it will be embraced by a few and like the notion that "if you tell a big enough lie, and tell it often enough", then chances are it will be believed ..... It's a site that a lot of fringe people call home. Occasionally there are stories of substance that are noteworthy and of value to the readers, but mostly I see the usual aray of unbeleivable sensational 'warnings or Proof' or titles indicating that we have arrived at the ultimate TRUTH, and all is revealed. I sometimes read these, other times just shake my head and call it entertainment. So as I say, it's a curiosity with occasional stories of substance.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If you don't know how prevalent agents are within every kind of subculture that questions anything, you're simply uninformed. There's no conspiracy theory about this fact. It's a very well established reality that half the time, "terrorist" cells and "activist" groups are made up of more agents than actual participants. Look up Mark Kennedy, the English undercover agent who spent seven years infiltrating a group, including living with a girlfriend he met through it, only to go on to refuse to testify against them and instead offering to testify in their favor. He reported there were many other agents he knew of involved in these groups, some of whom had married and had children in the environmentalist movement all while secretly being agents.

And none of that was news to anyone who reads actual books about espionage, history or reality instead of getting all their information from horribly edited youtube videos and random blogs on the internet. It has been that way for as long as we've had intelligence agencies and activist groups. Qui bono, you want to know? It's the wrong question to ask when information is power and power for its own sake is the ultimate goal.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Ed, I heard from Trick that you don't exist. Sorry. Besides, they only pay for disinformation not useless information. The lines have been drawn finally, and there should be no more bs about people who are 'on the fence'. If you're one of those who stands firmly behind the OS, then it will be obvious to the most casual observer that you are phony. There is absolutely no way you can convince me that you believe the OS. No way.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
I'm often accused of being a paid disinfo agent employed by - usually- the government. So are a number of other posters who broadly support the "OS".

What I struggle to understand is why anyone would pay for such a service. It's not as though an ATS message board would, if left without any counter-arguments, suddenly automatically trigger a revolution. Or even a popularisation of 9/11 "Truth". Indeed having people participate in the discussions prolongs them and makes them more, not less, likely to achieve publicity.

Imagine a board without "debunkers". How would it further the cause of 9/11 Truth? And if it wouldn't particularly, then why would debunkers be needed?

And wouldn't the paid agents need, by definition, to be in on the conspiracy? So much for a small group of insiders. If they're inducting cubicle wage slaves into the Grand Plan then surely one of us would blow the whole thing open for a few dollars?

no one is "paid" to be on ATS and watch the boards. there are agents in here who watch the boards and spread misinformation. the biggest of which is making sure no one really figures out how populated the Solar System is. they are generally the ones who a) push the story of The Galactic Federation of Light, The Lizard People, The Greys, the intergalactic war, ect: and b) the level headed ones who say it either not possible (i don't know why life on other planets other than earth would be impossible, but whatever), or that life exists but it's light years away: and c) they use the UFO cover as a way to further spread misinformation. the game is to confuse the topic to such a point as that it no longer makes any sense to the common man. that's the plan. and near as i can tell, it works.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Opposition only makes a truth-finder stronger. In other words, if there were a "disinfo agent" posting, it would only serve the truth-searcher to concentrate more strongly on finding the facts. It would therefore be a waste of money to employ "disinfo agents".

If you want to spread disinformation all you have to do is publish loads of contradictory material. That would be the more effective campaign.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Maybe 2 protect a lie that,once exposed,could stop everything they tried 2 accomplish recent decades.Nah,they wouldnt do that ofc

Now imagine if it wr true and there are paid disinfos.Dont you guys,Hooper&Trick,agree that shills are the lowest form of life possible,truly a embarrassment 2 humanity?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Most people will not do something they consider to be evil just for money. Would you?

Haven't really followed human history have you? There are plenty of willing people that will do whatever it takes to make a buck for themselves. Lots of bucks have been made since 9/11 (trillions).

Just to clarify however, I don't really believe most of the "debunkers" are disinfo agents or anything, Just simply people that rather believe one thing instead of the other regardless of evidence. Personally I think that the OS 9/11 story is far more suspect than alternative theories because of the crazy numbers of inaccuracies, coincidences, and the history of government shady practices.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
If someone calls you a disinfo agent without any evidence whatsoever to back it up, then call them a crackpot, as only a crackpot would believe that someone is being paid off (on a Internet Forum no less) to disagree with you instead the far more rational explanation of "not everyone is going to have the same opinion as you".

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

to answer your title i would say
just to piss us off

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You may be a moderator, but you're obviously not too observant. Those we are accusing of dis-info have no evidence, that's the point.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
"Heretic"

"Disinformation agent"

"Poo Poo Head"

All are equally acceptable to use when beliefs are questioned.

The first time I got called a disinformation agent on a ATS forum I just laughed and laughed, its like a badge of honor really. You have confounded someone so badly that they figure you must be paid to do it!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It's more of a condition of the mentality of "debunking" in general. Most feel the need to bring others into "reality" which coincidentally usually means the common accepted idea/explanation/belief. You see it everywhere on all subjects not just 9/11. There are always going to be those that champion the status quo and there will always be some that always challenge it as well. Some are serial debunkers and other are serial conspiracy theorists. A conspiracy theorist is by very nature a person that is suspicious (sometimes bordering on paranoia) of others. A debunker's nature is a chronically skeptical person (sometimes bordering on superiority complex). When both clash the obvious reaction of a CT is that the person is a disinfo agent, and the obvious reaction of a debunker is that the CT is loony or not grounded. Both react unconsciously to each other. Balance is the key.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
to answer your title i would say
just to piss us off

On any given thread you will find different views of one item as well as unintentional misinformation, ignorance, biased thinking. Add to that "disinfo agents" and you just have another source added to the mix. Filtering out the truth out of all that is a good exercise, making you a better fact finder. Only a moron would think that a disagreeing opinion or a "disinfo agent" could divert from truth finding.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

Imagine a board without "debunkers".

That would be loose change forum. They ban debunkers. They also have no one there. So much for the revolution.

How would it further the cause of 9/11 Truth?

Debunkers, no debunkers, its all irrelevant. The "cause" is non-existant due to a lack of interest and conflicting egos.

"The cause is non-existent"? Really? Then why do you keep "debunking" so energetically?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join