It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the point of "paid disinfo agents" on ATS?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero

The the paid lot don't exist to keep the debate going,

"the paid lot" don't exist at all. They're a necessary component of some conspiracy theories, just like basement nukes, space beams, dustification, and fake buildings. That don't make 'em real.

edit on 5/26/2012 by DrEugeneFixer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
wow, if you look at many many threads, you will see.

Some threads are created for the soul purpose of causing debate to get people off of other issues.

Others highjack threads by insulting the opinion of others, this in turn scares people away from posting their own opinion causing the thread to disappear down the list. Which makes it look as if it isn't the thinking of the majority.

Do you really believe this? I've never seen that the Truth Movement has a single unified theory that a large number of people agree with. From my perspective (I'm not an American either) there's a lot of different groups with a wide amount of ideas crossed over between them. You have the more rational types and the crazier types, but I certainly have never seen anyone that I thought was actually paid to post.

Hell, I get accused of it from time to time, even when just asking questions, so it seems to me that it's just something people say when they feel threatened. Have you ever witnessed it directly or can you point me to something that's undeniable? I just haven't seen anything at all to support what some people claim.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The string that holds this whole society together is propaganda. It only makes sense that the Government would pay people to influence public opinion. I mean, last Fed Election here in Canada, the Harper Party was caught trying to influence public opinion...I don't know the exact details, I don't own a Television.

If they will do this for an election, what is stopping them from trying to influence opinion on here? Like I said before, the only thing that holds this "society" together is Propaganda. If they stop lying now, or let things slip, it will collapse. Big time.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer

The the paid lot don't exist to keep the debate going,

"the paid lot" don't exist at all. They're a necessary component of some conspiracy theories, just like basement nukes, space beams, dustification, and fake buildings. That don't make 'em real.

edit on 5/26/2012 by DrEugeneFixer because: (no reason given)

How can you be so sure that they do not exist? Please explain how you come to your conclusion on that?

Yes, there are some people that have some alternative ideas on 9/11, but most people that do not believe the OS do not subscribe to them. Most non-OS'ers use physics and logical reasoning to come to their conclusions.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You only have to look at Ron Paul's campaign to work out that people are paid to discredit the truth. However, that is a debate for another thread.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by exponent

Just to reiterate, there is no such thing as a 'truth movement' it is a fictional term.

There are however many independent 9/11 researchers.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Just to reiterate, there is no such thing as a 'truth movement' it is a fictional term.

There are however many independent 9/11 researchers.

I dunno what to tell you man, a bunch of 911 groups including 'Architects and Engineers for 911 Truth' use that phrase. It's not something I invented. It's what's used to refer to all of the 'independent 911 researchers'. I don't think it's supposed to be derogatory.

How else would I refer to the group anyhow? The Nine Eleven Research & Development Society? (just a joke! no offence :p)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There are people on this site who post regularly, who do not believe in any conspiracies at all, from what I have seen. Either they are losers with no lives (why would you come here and have over 1000 posts if you don't believe in conspiracies?), or they are here because they are putting food on the table.

And, please, spare me with the "logic" and "reason" bulls**t.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

How can you be so sure that they do not exist? Please explain how you come to your conclusion on that?

Simple... nobody has ever provided any solid evidence that they exist, just like basement nukes, fake buildings and space beams.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by albertabound
There are people on this site who post regularly, who do not believe in any conspiracies at all, from what I have seen. Either they are losers with no lives (why would you come here and have over 1000 posts if you don't believe in conspiracies?), or they are here because they are putting food on the table.

And, please, spare me with the "logic" and "reason" bulls**t.

Currently I am here because it is too sunny outside. Is it too much to believe that some people enjoy reading and posting on forums, even if they don't agree with the majority consensus?

Would you go onto a mainstream 'official story' forum and tell people to stop posting conspiracy topics because they were in the minority?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by exponent
[
How else would I refer to the group anyhow? The Nine Eleven Research & Development Society? (just a joke! no offence :p)

There is no group, I'm not part of anything, neither are most people. Just 9/11 researchers who disbelieve the OS.
No offence taken, I just think it discredits people when they cannot differentiate.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer

Simple... nobody has ever provided any solid evidence that they exist, just like basement nukes, fake buildings and space beams.

Just because 'you' say nobody has provided any solid evidence that they exist here, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Also, you are trying to muddy the question by tabbing on basement nukes etc, which is something I've never mentioned, and has no place in your reply.

The evidence is in the behaviour patterns of certain people here, in the responses, and from other sources I cannot mention.

Why would you and many others, 11 years down the line, be spending so much time on a 9/11 forum trying to sell the OS with know false facts? If you have nothing to prove because you say the OS is the truth then why would you spend so much time trying to sell the OS? Again, just another reason to add to the list.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Currently I am here because it is too sunny outside. Is it too much to believe that some people enjoy reading and posting on forums, even if they don't agree with the majority consensus?

Would you go onto a mainstream 'official story' forum and tell people to stop posting conspiracy topics because they were in the minority?

Obviously people enjoy debating on forums, but the behaviour of the majority of OS'ers is highly suspicious.
See my post above for more details on this.

Unfortunately, the OS'ers are in the minority these days, and the paid 'debunkers' are just here for damage limitation. This is obvious by their behaviour, their false responses, and as said before, other reasons I cannot say here.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Obviously people enjoy debating on forums, but the behaviour of the majority of OS'ers is highly suspicious.
See my post above for more details on this.

Unfortunately, the OS'ers are in the minority these days, and the paid 'debunkers' are just here for damage limitation. This is obvious by their behaviour, their false responses, and as said before, other reasons I cannot say here.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by albertabound

Well, as someone who has well over one thousand posts, mostly in the 9/11 area, let me respond. Some of us are here, because the motto of ATS is "deny ignorance" and by and large, the people who believe in the conspiracies over 9/11 are some of the most ignorant people out there. Ignorant of history, and ignorant of reality. They think terrorism did not exist prior to 9/11. They think the same thing about Osama Bin Laden. They believe that Donald Rumsfeld heisted 2.3 trillion in cash from the Pentagon, announced it publicly, and fired a missile into the building the next day to cover it up. They believe because a human being says something "my building could withstand being hit by an airliner" and think it's reality. They believe the terrorists were all a bunch of ignorant cavemen. They think the Pentagon had a sopishticated air defense network to shoot down incoming hostiles. All these ignorant beliefs shown by the truth movement, and yes 4hero, it is a movement, and that's why some of us are here....to show them their ignorance.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

Which history are you talking about? The version of history that shows that Governments will perform false flags to further their own interests, or the version of history where whatever the state says is right?

The version of history where Rumsfeld is always associated with the Bush family when they are in office? The version of History where Prescott Bush funded the Nazis? The Version of history where all presidents are related but one ( www.youtube.com...). Or the version where when the state says something is false, than it's false.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Just because 'you' say nobody has provided any solid evidence that they exist here, doesn't mean they don't exist.

I'll believe it when people post some evidence.

The evidence is in the behaviour patterns of certain people here, in the responses, and from other sources I cannot mention.

Ah, yes, unnamed "behavior patterns" and unmentionalble sources. Highly plausible.

Why would you and many others, 11 years down the line, be spending so much time on a 9/11 forum trying to sell the OS with know false facts? If you have nothing to prove because you say the OS is the truth then why would you spend so much time trying to sell the OS? Again, just another reason to add to the list.

Actually, this is your first attempt at supporting your claim that there are paid shills on ATS. But it is a bad reason. People post all kinds of things on the internet without being paid-- why single out the debunkers and require an explanation from them? Why do Truthers post known false facts on the internet 11 years down the line trying to sell their feeble CS?

There is no evidence coming from the Truther side that there are any real shills on the board.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by albertabound

And in your reply, you offer up more ignorance in regards to Prescott Bush and Fritz Thyssen. But that's another section of ATS.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The the paid lot don't exist to keep the debate going, they exist to discredit people bringing up flaws in the OS.

But they are the only thing that keeps the debate going. Threads that don't feature debunkers dry up. Forums without them die.

You are asking me to believe that the perpetrators pay to keep the debate going. And that you waste your time talking to people who you know are paid to waste your time.

Why not just stop talking to them if you think they are nefarious and dishonest? No one forces you to participate. But I have a sneaking suspicion that you prefer arguing with debunkers than actually doing something concrete.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixerI'll believe it when people post some evidence.

Let's just say that some of the locations people post from, and where some things are based is highly suspicious.
I cannot post certain things for certain reasons. There are other reasons, but I'm just going to leave it as I know, and you are welcome to think what you want.

However, It's quite ironic you should say you'll believe it when some evidence is posted, yet you'll believe many aspects of 9/11 with either flimsy evidence, or no evidence!

Such as no proper pentagon pictures for example.If they/you want us to truly believe your OS, then why has so much crucial evidence been hidden?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join