It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Walks out during ahmadinejad speech

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Right. Question the rule of Allah in Iran and you don't get ridculed. You get prison. If you're lucky..

I was reffering to politics and the war on terror... no mention of religion, that is a different story altogether yes. The UN is not a place for religion. But the fact is people should know what happened on 9/11 and with the OBL assasination. The "official" facts are just not there, and its right that someone fo power (iran's president) should question that and receive some form of grown-up response, even if it is simple denial of his accusations... there is no need to walk out unless you have something to hide.

Originally posted by jerico65
Wow, hit the nail on the head with this one. Yep, we're all jealous of Iran.

And what issues? I dunno, maybe back in the 1970's the overran our embassy and held the people hostage for 444 days, subjecting them to interrogations, beatings and abuse. I wonder how that would have been spun on ATS if it were around back then.

Its just that every time iran announces a technological advancement, the US politicians "stab" iran as an evil empire. I simply do not understand it. I am reffering to the nuclear development in which they wish to be self reliant on energy production.

There was even the fact that iran launched a satellite not long ago, and a CIA paper was leaked/released with them being very sceptical the sattelite was immediately believed to have been used for spying purposes and considered a threat.

What gives the US the right to say "no you are not allowed to build a nuclear power plant because it is a threat to our nation"? The us has how many nuclear power plants.... we are not even talking about nuclear weaponry here, but how many nukes does the US have? How many nukes does israel own?

Its is sheer hypocrisy.
edit on 23-9-2011 by InsideYourMind because: messed up quoteboxes

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrishJihad
reply to post by ALF88

Yeah sure. Is that why he crushes any protests before they get started? Is that why he commits crimes against his own people? No one is allowed to speak agianst him without threat of imprisonment. Sounds like a dictator to me. You are one blind fool if you think otherwise. But its ok, everyone cant be as smart as us over in the good ol USA. Hahaha.

Maybe because he doesn't want his country to end up like Libya(RIP)?
You know,a bunch of "rebels" popping out of nowhere fully armed (i didn't know trees in Libya bear machine guns instead of fruits),trained by the CIA and UN services,ready to open up the country (despite the general population's wishes) for a foreign invasion.
I guess we could call him paranoid for thinking like that but....there's a problem with that too i'm afraid...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oceanborn
Maybe because he doesn't want his country to end up like Libya(RIP)?
You know,a bunch of "rebels" popping out of nowhere fully armed

Iran's population are fed up with Ahmadinejad and his band of merrymen. But of course many here will simply say that the hundreds of thousands+ Persians are all brainwashed or CIA agents/plants.

Iran get's up there and points fingers at everybody else because they are worried about and terrified of "Arab Spring" what Iran should really be concerned about is a "Persian Fall" Syria as well...

How soon we forget about the hundreds of thousands of CIA Agents just waiting in Tehran

edit on 23-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Again?

Seriously, the US govt walks out of every speech this guy tries to give. Whats worse, they usually bully other allied nations to do the same.

Remember this little gem? Ahmadinejad to UN, "US behind 9/11"

Not saying I like the guy, just sayin....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Don't worry slayer,i know your position on these matters.What i do not know is how can you sleep at nights while supporting the things you do,this will always be a mystery to me.I mean,it's not that you're fooled into supporting invasions,black ops,psychops and who knows what else...you know what's happening and you know what you're doing and saying.

Anyway,i'm not expecting to achieve anything with this,i've seen how ATS has ended up,that's why you don't see me around anymore.It's one of those rare times where one is "forced" to log in and say things as they are.I know that the few words i've posted are bound to be burried under a pile of BS,that's how it goes.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn

Back in 1979 the Persians were smart and brave enough to overthrow a Farce of a Government supported by the US. I believe those very same Persians are again smart and brave enough to handle the present Farce in power there.

Yes, it's all a matter of how you look at it.
Sleep fine.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

So far they're holding just fine against outside "pressure",i can only admire them.

I know you're sleeping fine,i asked how do you do that.

I'll wait to read your reply and then i'm off but i'll be checking this thread every now and then out of curiosity.The general way of thinking on ATS has changed dramatically.Have you stopped by the NWO section?Unbelievable...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oceanborn

Don't worry slayer,i know your position on these matters.What i do not know is how can you sleep at nights while supporting the things you do,this will always be a mystery to me.I mean,it's not that you're fooled into supporting invasions,black ops,psychops and who knows what else...you know what's happening and you know what you're doing and saying.

Anyway,i'm not expecting to achieve anything with this,i've seen how ATS has ended up,that's why you don't see me around anymore.It's one of those rare times where one is "forced" to log in and say things as they are.I know that the few words i've posted are bound to be burried under a pile of BS,that's how it goes.

Star.
I Was Literally just thinking to myself, "the integrity of this site makes me sick sometimes".
Then i read your post...and i knew i wasn't alone.
Bless You.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
On Topic, I think it is definitely childish, as alot have put it, to walk out on one of your peers.
Iran-ically
the Bigger man, didnt walk away, but, instead stood his ground.

I also find it highly hypocritical that a Country, who does nothing but point fingers and fearmonger, cannot themselves take abit of Flak.

Welcome to Planet Earth, Where Only Uncle Samhain and The Divided Kingdom are allowed to involve themselves in Nuclear Programmes, and make accusations, for private gain. (they also do not need proof of such claims, why would they lie to us? eh!).

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

FYI.

Bases provide economic boosts, stability, less deficit for the host government, and more or less a guarantee not to get f'd with by others.

Basically, US bases are a positive. Iran's probably just pissed that their neighbors chose civilized economic gain through an old Roman tactic of economic growth over the piss=poor last-century tactic of fighting.

Good we walked out. Hope others will too.

If you don't want bases, say no. It's really that simple. Iraq is practically the only nation we've put bases on in the event of a war in this time period, and that's because its a war... though how much of a war is highly questionable.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This always happens whenever Ahmadinejad is in the same room as any western diplomat etc, but the biggest issue with Iran is the Nuclear programme that greatly threatens the entire region. North Korea have aided Iran for quite some time, only now they say have they passed on software necessary for the development of a Nuclear weapon. Iran has been moving centrifuges to a mountain facility for some time now, they are very much close to developing Nuclear capability. However, don't be fooled in to thinking that this government would develop in to a Nuclear power, strictly for self defence. The Mullahs, the overall masters of Iran and their puppet Ahmadinejad have not only fought to rally a unified country of Islamic foot soldiers against the west, they've fought against each other, with in fighting that strikes cords with the final months of the Third Reich. Their reign over their own people is nothing short of tyranny and their intentions of using a Nuclear weapon would be without question.

The West's only hope of securing any form of regime change is to delist the PMOI from its terrorist encyclopaedia, this will send an olive branch to the people of Iran and possibly spark the fires of revolution across the country.

People who claim that Iran has the right to develop such weapons are living in a dream world and are no less ignorant than a bunch of western hippy students travelling through a hostile country because they believe that nothing will happen to them thanks to their good intentions and love for all. This is not how the world works, America's foreign policy is ruthless, but so are these governments who stem the rise of any unified nationalism within their borders, should that nationalism be against the agenda of the ruling elite. This stemming is not in the blocking of protest or being dragged away by police. This is through killing and terror unleashed upon its own people. Iran's treatment of its people is far worse than what the populations of the west complain about. How we live and what we perceive as restrictive, the Iranian people would perceive as unconditional freedom, relatively speaking.

America doesn't help itself, but don't think that these governments are blameless and reacting simply to western aggression. These governments are ruthless and if it wasn't for the presence of American military might, would've displayed their ruthlessness a long time ago. This is their issue, nothing more.

America and the western governments are not the best thing to happen to a population, but this is a rare case of its better the devil you know. However, for the Iranian people, that saying has long since lost meaning.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSandMansExecutioner
I also find it highly hypocritical that a Country, who does nothing but point fingers and fearmonger, cannot themselves take abit of Flak.

So...

You're from London eh?

Sou rce
UK delegates walked out of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's speech at the United Nations today

You were mumbling something about being hypocritical?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Canada and Israel were never present for the speech to begin with...

"It is a very ridiculous and bitter thing that a president who in his own country witnesses a high number of human rights violations… where women are deprived of the most basic rights such as [choosing] their own clothes, and prisons are full of political and ideological prisoners… talks about racism and human rights violations of other UN countries."

Ahmadinejad is a complete joke...i would not sit there and listen to his BS either...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
What I'm reading on the Net is that there are other countries walking out as well. Also, I'm reading that there was more involved than just the military bases. Things like saying 9/11 were pretexts for invasions and other such things, while possibly true, would nonetheless understandably be infuriating and do seem rather disrespectful.

Walking out when someone touches upon issues that many conisder to be sensitive truths just adds credibility to the speaker's points. Walking out rather than having a rational discussion is stupid and counterproductive. Telling others that they cannot have their point of view and our ears are closed and we will not discuss it is, well, just juvenile. When did 3 year olds begin representing us in the U.N.? The US would be better off discussing the issues in a rational debate. The walking out behavior just makes them seem like petty tyrants. That coupled with the unthinking uncritical support of anything the Israelis do and opposition to Palestinian statehood are just more chinks in the armor that will just eventually slough off on its own due do its wearer's moral decay. I'm sad to say that. Looks like we're headed the way of the Roman Empire.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanJP
I am sure many people watched that live and said "hell yeah! America!"

Well, if you don't like people getting upset about your military bases around the world... Maybe you should just chill out on keeping a military presence in everybody else's lives... I live in the U.S. and I wouldn't want any other country establishing a military base in Florida.

Too late. The British have a small base outside of Miami that is annexed onto the American SOUTHCOM base.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Why do the Americans walk out ?

I mean if they leave before the guy is finished then presumably they don't know what he said. So how can they justify walking out when they don't know what he said ?

It doesn't make sense. At least stay and hear what he says then if you have some objection to it follow the normal procedures for making your objection known.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Why do the Americans walk out ?

I mean if they leave before the guy is finished then presumably they don't know what he said. So how can they justify walking out when they don't know what he said ?

It doesn't make sense. At least stay and hear what he says then if you have some objection to it follow the normal procedures for making your objection known.

Because they're A-Holes.

...The "A" stands for "America".

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Bendaman NUTTandYAHOO just spoke at the U.S all I can say is f-ing disgusting. Lies, Lies, Lies. Lied about 911, thanked people for leaving when Iran spoke, claimed Israel is too small and needs more land.........

edit on 23-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

it's because of holocause denial, not because of 9/11. lol.
excuse my french. holocaust denial.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join