It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Walks out during ahmadinejad speech

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

still its not our business.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMech

Agreed. In the speech he claimed the U.S. started both world wars.
townhall.com...

In all fairness that will happen when people ignore history and refuse to accept the reality of it. He will have to deny almost everything about WWII because the holocaust, according to him, never occured.

He would need to acknowledge that, and bu doing so would be required to acknowledge Nazi programs, meaning he would need to acknowledge Nazi actions that resulted in WWII (and WWI) meaning he couldnt blame the US for it.

What I find starteling is how closely radical Islam and attitudes towards Jews are taken directly from Nazi material. People claim the Us is the 4th reich... I think that view should be reevaluated...

even Neo Nazi group website material is sourced on radical Islam websites.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

still its not our business.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

the why should it matter if we walked out or not?

Based on that argument and using the same logic, then what the United states does in the world is not the business of Iran. they have no standing to crtique what we do being its none fo their business.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Walk out segment

Classic. The champion of human rights gets embarassed yet again in front of a worldwide audience.

My favorite comment posted on youtube was "talk to the hand, bitch."

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I think you will find the US establishment got up and walked out.

The US has a population of 300 million people, the opinions of those 300 million are completely ignored and over-ruled by the established ruling oligarchy.

When was the last time YOU got a vote on UN policy.

They DO NOT represent the country as you claim, rather they represent the ruling powers, completely different ballgame.

And yes it annoys me when any delegates get up and walk out, diplomacy is about dialogue, nobody says you have to like what you hear, but they should sit there nonetheless out of courtesy and respect.

Cosmic...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
He claims the Caliphate.

The Pan-Islami­c State. The Muslim World, with "rights" defined by the Cairo Declaratio­n which proclaims Shariah as the only true human law. The Cairo Declaratio­n that all the Muslim States have signed.

The leadership and the ownership of all the ancient silk roads from the borders of China to Europe. The Suez Canal. Jerusalem.

The Pan-Islami­c State extends from Indonesia to Turkey, from the Uygur of China to the southern border of Armenia down to Africa, and in Africa from Mauitania to Tanzania.

They will gladly continue to talk to you about peace. Negotiatin­g your submission to Allah and Mohammed's laws is of course welcome anytime. They will gladly negotiate about freedoms, as freedom is defined as you knowing your place in the order of things as defined in the Qu'ran, and they will gladly talk to you about your equality in that system as they agree that everyone is equal in dignity from slaves to masters. But of course, they are the masters.

Open Your Eyes People. They aren't HIDING what they believe from you. You just don't want to believe it.

We are in helping create not an Arab Spring. We are there creating a POWER VACUUM.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
We can all thank God that we live in a country where a person CAN walk out if he doesn't want to hear the same ole...same ole.
I would have walked out too.
God Bless America!
I know we have our problems, what country doesn't but if anyone thinks the grass is greener on the other side--feel free to pack up and move to Iran.
and that is my own personal opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
hmmmmmm

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Is this not the 2nd time that the U.S. has walked out in the last three years?

Come on U.S., and its representatives:Grow a set and maybe listen to what the opposing side has to say; as this is exactly what us pheasants have to do on a day to day basis

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

We walked out because we have seen it time and again coming from Ahmadenijad in the past, and his speeches and rants compares closely to this:

Except Ahmadenijad goes on longer than Roland does....

yup.. impressive....

The only embarrasment the US has is continuing to participate in the charade that is the UN. The second embarrasment would be to continue to allow it to stay in NYC. I would be happy booting the UN out and sending it to Tehran.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You responded to my reply with bull#.
Line for line.
The funny thing about truth is, truth ALWAYS wins, ultimately.
Xcath whatever, you don't even believe what you write....you can't. Whenever two people meet on the path to truth, they recognize each other.
Of course, you don't know what that means do you?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
I think you will find the US establishment got up and walked out.

The US delegation did get up and leave....

The US has a population of 300 million people, the opinions of those 300 million are completely ignored and over-ruled by the established ruling oligarchy.

Not really....

When was the last time YOU got a vote on UN policy.

Every single time our UN Ambassador votes, is when my vote is heard.

They DO NOT represent the country as you claim, rather they represent the ruling powers, completely different ballgame.

Somewhat correct - We dont live in a Democracy here in the US. I wish people understood that concept.

And yes it annoys me when any delegates get up and walk out, diplomacy is about dialogue, nobody says you have to like what you hear, but they should sit there nonetheless out of courtesy and respect.

Cosmic...

And respect is a 2 way road and is eanred and should never be demanded or expected.

If you are that intrested in discussion with Iran, maybe you should ask Iran why they wont restore diplomatic relations with the US?

Also, we live in a Representative Republic, not a Democracy. The people that are elected represent the will of the American people. No you wont have complete and total happieness in this realm because no one will ever agree on everything.

The people we elect are them empowered to do their jobs by the consent of the people who sent them to office. Those people nominate Ambassadors, and our legislature approves that or doesnt.

That person, the Ambassador, whether it is to the UN, France, Russia or the Federated States of Micronesia, ARE the US while performing their duties.

If you dont care for how our country is being run, then get invoveld.. Vote, talk to your representatives, write letters.. Let them knw that not only do you dissaprove of their performance, but explain why and offer solutions.

Its one thing to be upset and to come into a forum and rant about it, buyt in the end you really must ask yourself, does it change anything? The answer to that is no, it does not.

even if our eleceted officals stumbeled across this website and read the threads, they would still be at a loss. Why? Because people on this site are from all over the world.

Only direct action on your part to your reps will matter...

dont like it - change it.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem

You responded to my reply with bull#.
Line for line.
The funny thing about truth is, truth ALWAYS wins, ultimately.
Xcath whatever, you don't even believe what you write....you can't. Whenever two people meet on the path to truth, they recognize each other.
Of course, you don't know what that means do you?

Actually its not.. What I request of you is to specifically point out which comment of mine you say is bulls**t and support your argument. I am very comfortable with my response to you and am very comfortable with my knowledge.

You and the others really should stop getting upset when you are corrected. Prove us wrong and support it with facts.

Hint -
A fact is something that doesnt come out of Ahmadenijads mouth.
A truth is something that doesnt come out of Ahmadenijads mouth.

Heck I will give you one more.

When Ahmadenijad visited the US last year, he visited a college. While visiting he said there are no homosexuals in Iran. I can link the video of him saying that, and I can link to videos coming out of Iran showing that he is a liar on that topic.

Why beleive anything else that comes out of his mouth? His tongue could pull the cork out of a wine bottle its so twisted.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem

You are an idiot.
Or, simply ignorant.
Sometimes, Xcath, you simply have to call them like you see them. You simply don't deserve the benefit of being included in an intellectual debate. If ATS is this dumb, then YOU win.

So then your answer would be no, you cant defend your position, and that your idea of an intellectual debate is to sling insults. Is that because you cant defend Ahamdenijad because the facts are soemthing you cant deal with or is it something else?

There is a difference between being an idiot and being ignorant.

Example
- Ahmadenijad stating there are no homosexuals in Iran makes him an Idiot.
- Ahamdenijad stating there are no homosexuals in Iran makes him ignorant.

Coincedentally enough it also makes him a liar, as well as a person who is in denial about the affairs in his country. The only people I see who make the argument about how great Iran is, are those who are in power.

I would love for you to prove me wrong. If you get a chance why dont you head ot Iran with a camera, and while Ahmadenijad is giving a speech, wait till he is done then start questioning his policies and his leadership style. Then, come back here and let us know how that turned out.

As far as calling them like I see them... I agree.

However if you think im going to loose sleep because you think im and idiot or ignorant I wont. I only loose sleep over important things that actually matter.

Feel free to actually answer the questions posed, both in this post as well as the other that you ignored. Or is your answer no because you cant defend him?

Ahamdenijads speeches also fall into the ignorant and idiot comment. Based on that alone there is no reason for any delegation to be present when he talks. We can find out later on what occured when we see PressTV cover it, stating that the zionist jews stormed the UN and forced all western delegates out at gun point to supress the truth.

/end sarcasm

For people who demand freedom, you sure as heck have no concept of what it is. Freedom is sitting in the well and listening to him talk. Freedom is standing up and walking out while he is talking.

what part of that concept dont you and others understand?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Ahamdenijads speeches also fall into the ignorant and idiot comment. Based on that alone there is no reason for any delegation to be present when he talks. We can find out later on what occured when we see PressTV cover it, stating that the zionist jews stormed the UN and forced all western delegates out at gun point to supress the truth.

so you are saying there is no chance and no effort should be made to resolve issues with iran along a peaceful route which would involve talking and listening to eachothers views?

the iranians proberbly think the u.s. are liars that what they say is stupid, are you saying that if that is the case then iran are justified to walk out and not listen to anything america says. it does not have to be limited to iran/u.s. maybe everybody should just walk out, there is no need to listen to anything anybody says, maybe war is a better option for some people.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Iran is TOTALLY willing to discuss peace with you.

Of course, to them peace means that you are negotiating your surrender to the laws of Allah through Islam. Submission to Allah is always an option they would be happy to discuss with you.

*YOU* feel free to negotiate your submission.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I think US delegates had the right and personal responsibility to walk out. I do not think the UN forum was meant to be a debate, and the US representatives were not there to defend themselves against accusations to which there is no real proof.

The issue surrounding 9/11 is certainly missing something. I care not who was in fact in charge of making the event happen, my main concern was why all the secrecy with the evidence? Something was hidden from the public that day, and eventually when a new generation of politicians get to Washington, the questions our generation seeks to answer about the event will come to light. Lets not forget that conspiracy theorists were proven absolutely correct about the Gulf of Tonkin incident, half a century later.

Just think about a few things surrounding 9/11 and why there are so many conspiracies. These people aren't crazy, it is a natural reaction to missing info.

1. Why did bush make the comment that we shouldn't allow wild conspiracy theories a day after the event. That one comment turned me into a alternate history supporter right then and there. I imagine others also heard that and wondered, why the hell is the president talking about conspiracy theories when this happened yesterday, and 4,000 people may have died.

2. The camera footage from the pentagon that would have shown exactly what transpired there were not only never released, but confiscated.

3. Why have so many witness from that day perished? Is it some kind of final destination movie playing out in real life, or is there a reason?

4. Why was the physical evidence removed so fast?

5. Furthermore evidence moved so fast, and then it was not allowed to be studied by independent labs. You would think that the US would want their top minds trying to dissect how this massive millions of tons building was brought down by a 40 ton plane.

6. Since when does a congressional panel set up to investigate an incident issue a report, and then come out later saying the report was a fraud? How can we not look at this and say there is something missing.

7. Just coincidence that the part of the pentagon destroyed contained information about a large sum of missing money that could not be accounted for?

8. Was it just out of spite that a politically neutral translator came out with some really damning information, and yet a gag order on her was actually held up by "National Security".

Much more items, footage, sound bites, etc have been "lost" from that day. And these things were put under top secret national security status. How is this possible, don't citizens have a responsibility to hold their government accountable, pretty hard to do that when every bit of information we have that we could use to do just that is "classified"

All I am saying is regardless of what happened that day, something was hidden from us, on purpose, through a plan. Such a plan is in fact a conspiracy. And that plan may not have anything to do with who planned or orchestrated the attacks, but rather what the attacks allowed them to hide.

As far as Iran's Presidents comments about our foreign policy, he isn't alone. those same comments have come out of many places, pakistan, india, china, russia, various countries in Europe, in central america, and even in our own country. So I cannot really fault the guy for his comments on US's foreign policy, I am pretty sure the backlash speaks for itself.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

so you are saying there is no chance and no effort should be made to resolve issues with iran along a peaceful route which would involve talking and listening to eachothers views?

the iranians proberbly think the u.s. are liars that what they say is stupid, are you saying that if that is the case then iran are justified to walk out and not listen to anything america says. it does not have to be limited to iran/u.s. maybe everybody should just walk out, there is no need to listen to anything anybody says, maybe war is a better option for some people.

Thats not what im saying at all. However as far as Ahmadenijad goes how does one find common ground with a person who appears to not have a grasp on reality?

No gays in his country?
Pristine Human Rights record?
Wants regional peace yet supports the move to wipe Israel off the map?

I am saying that the US and Iran can have a chance at peace, but its not going to occur as long as he is President. There are to many fundamental differences. Those differences get in the way, and the manner in which Iran is run its going to be difficult to suggest changes, like restarting diplomatic overatures elading to embassies again instead of special intrests sections handeled by other countries.

in their power structure suggesting an approach that is not considered popuar can lead to your arrest and imprisonment, as we see with his Defense chief and one other Cabinet minister.

The US doesnt have an issue with the Iranian people, the issue is with their government. They are free to elect whomever they wish. It doesnt mean we have to like it, and its our perogative to work with or ignore that leadership, just as they are free to do to the US and Israel.

If you do the research you will see the countries that walk out (in general cause it does happen with other regional issues) its usuaully because -
* - The country speaking is grandstanding
* - The country speaking are making untrue / false / distorted claims
* - The country speaking uses that opprottunity to push an Agenda

You get the idea... Exactly at what point do you think a counry should just stop listening?

If that country continually olds the same position over and over and over and over, what they are saying in their speech has been heard time and again.

Iran has this issue.....
People will say the Us has that issue...

Also, I go back to what I said earlier about the freedom of choice....

Those who dont care for the US are attempting to uplay our walk out. For people who talk about freedom, and then to go off on the US for walking out (which other countries did as well) tells me they dont have a grasp on what freedom is.

If they did, if Iran truely understood that concept, the Ahmadenijad wouldnt have been elected for a second term. They would have abided by the vote instead of rigging it. They would accept that fact that there can be more than one idea, more than one position, more than one concept...

Freedom also means that its ok for a country to not like what the speech is and to walk out. Just as Iran had the freedom to get up and give a speech on topics that Ahmadenijad wanted, and not what the UN wanted. His speech didnt have to be cleared by anyone, no one is going to arrest him for speaking out on whatever topic he wishes.

Its not a hard concept to understand....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Stay on topic, dont get me wrong i am no fan of ahmadinejad but his speech about bases is correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join