It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Walks out during ahmadinejad speech

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

The feel free to explain why Arab countries, including Irans "bitch" followers walk out when Israel is speaking?

Serious question... Im curious how you will explain the double standard.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubber-Ducky
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Yeah come to think about maybe the US shouldn't have walked out!

They missed his confession about the Support Iran has been providing the Syrians in their effort to crush the peoples struggle to end tyranny. Anybody have a Youtube link to that part of his speech

Full Speech

Walk out segment

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
reply to post by EvanJP

In many instances, the host countries want to have US military bases on their soil. South Korea, Saudi Arabia, and others have invited the US to set up bases.

Want to know why they invite us? Because it means a lot of money and jobs for their economies not to mention if they are attacked then our people will be there to die for them. We have no need for all these bases around the world they are nothing but a waste of money. Bring our people home and build bases on our boarders. We need to take care of ourselves and let the rest of the world take care of itself.
edit on 22-9-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well lets see, the US and European Union walk out because the US can't stand to hear the truth about it's facist imperialism, and the little punk puppies just go because they kiss up to the US (for some odd reason).

And Arab countries IGNORE Israel and don't applaud because Israel popped up one day bombing people and bulldozing neighborhoods, and is STILL doing the same thing today while trying to play the victim position. Also Israel has the US, and the EU wrapped around its pinky. I even ignore when they talk.

There is no double standard because when it comes down to it, you're comparing apples to oranges.

I commend Ahmadinejad for saying what a lot of people are thinking.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

1.) The US should leave the UN
2.) The UN should leave US territory
3.) The US should leave NATO
4.) The UN becomes useless when members get up and spew verbal excrement, I mean give a speech full of rhetoric.

most excellent post good sir i wholehearted concur indeed we should

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I agree with Slayer that the U.S. should get out of the UN.
What I don't get is the hate for Ahmad.
In Iran, there are many Jews. What is Israel trying to create in their state?
Hey ATS! Are we the smart ones? Are we smarter than those that watch the evening news with Diane Sawyer or whomever lies the best?
Why don't we put ALL the leaders on trial? Let's compare notes on who has done what, but some of you apparently either ignore facts or you are not aware of them.
How about someone list their grievances against Ahmad, but name a leader that is better. A western leader.
I will destroy you.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
1.) The US should leave the UN
2.) The UN should leave US territory

Decent enough ideas. Linking the UN Security Council with the General Assembly may have been necessary in the 1940s, but it is now obvious that giving every tin pot dictator equal seating with the liberal democracies is a joke. We could put together a pretty good collective defense and world-dogooder organization without admitting the crazy and evil. But here is why I think the US should stay in the UN and keep the UN in New York:

1.) The US still exercises significant power through the Security Council. Like it or not, S/RES 1441 really helped us pull the Coalition of the Willing together. Without it, we'd have had to spend a lot more on bribes, or go in with a smaller coalition.
2.) Having diplomatic missions from every tin pot dictator on Earth in New York makes it easier to spy on them. We can't really put case officers in North Korea or Iran, but when their people come here the FBI is all too happy to meet them.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Well lets see, the US and European Union walk out because the US can't stand to hear the truth about it's facist imperialism, and the little punk puppies just go because they kiss up to the US (for some odd reason).

And Arab countries IGNORE Israel and don't applaud because Israel popped up one day bombing people and bulldozing neighborhoods, and is STILL doing the same thing today while trying to play the victim position. Also Israel has the US, and the EU wrapped around its pinky. I even ignore when they talk.

There is no double standard because when it comes down to it, you're comparing apples to oranges.

Awesome... Thank you for proving my point while offering a hypocritical explanation... Ahmadinejad couldnt have spun it better.

As a side note I enjoyed Ahmadinejads speeches better in their origional German form... Ahmadinejad seems to have the oratory style of Hitler, the mental imbalance that rivals Stalin and has ethics that would raise eyebrows in the court of Calligula.

/props to you

Saves me the trouble of having to play point counter point with people.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

If you or anyone else support the dictator's political and ideological stance, surely you would also prefer enjoying the benefits and freedoms of living under his totalinarian regime in Iran, wouldn't you?

edit on 22-9-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I find it incredibly annoying when so-called Statesmen get up and walk out.

Who's paying these people their wages..yes that's right, you are.

Staging walkouts should be banned, why bother to even turn-up, acting like a bunch of drama queens.

That's your global public image, stroppy arrogant spoilt and ignorant.

Reminds me of an Mule with its hoofs over its ears screaming eeeeeyaw , totally pathetic and immature.

Cosmic...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The Iranian President speaking so clearly to U.S. fringe groups and conspiracy theorists, anti-government/military activists etc. in the USA, and saying things they all like to hear, and agree with is not at all an accident.

The fact that so many in the US find this man appealing, and agree with almost ANYTHING he says is not merely coincidental.... The fact that so many younger Americans are buying his BS should be a bit unnerving... Where did THAT conditioning come from?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

How do you come to the conclusion that countries walked out because they hate Ahmadinejad? Is it not possible that they walked out because they dont care to listen to the same speech year after year after year? Research Ahmadinejads speeches to the UN - they all read the same with just the date changed.

In the Presidnetial elections I vote for the candidate I think will do the best job and who have commonalities with my point of view. Does that mean I hate the person I didnt vote for?

You guys really need to quit playing the bogus game of obfuscation while playing a violin, crying while holding up pictures of Ahmadinejad and whailing the question why dont people like him.

The US has no intrest in what he thinks or says.....

Why sit and listen to something weve heard time and again?

If thats an issue thats your problem. there is nothing stopping countries from walking out when the Us speaks now is there?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever
If you or anyone else support the dictator's political and ideological stance, surely you would also prefer enjoying the benefits and freedoms of living under his totalinarian regime in Iran, wouldn't you?

edit on 22-9-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

An excellent question.... Any chance those people would also provide us links to site within Iran that are like ATS? You know, that allows a free echange of ideas, the ability to question not only the government and its action,s buts its leaders in an individual manner in addition to having discussions about religion and some of the faults with Christianity, Jeudaism and Islam?

I look forward to the response, in addition to this posters questions - thanks

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I find it incredibly annoying when so-called Statesmen get up and walk out.

Who's paying these people their wages..yes that's right, you are.

Staging walkouts should be banned, why bother to even turn-up, acting like a bunch of drama queens.

That's your global public image, stroppy arrogant spoilt and ignorant.

Reminds me of an Mule with its hoofs over its ears screaming eeeeeyaw , totally pathetic and immature.

Cosmic...

Respectfully, you do understand that the people at the UN are not so much people, as they are the country they are representing? The US delegates, among others, did not get up and walk out. The Country of the US, among others, got up and walked out.

Do you feel the exact same when Arab countries walk out on Israel?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by watermarc74
typically immature of the american dictatorship. trying to make a statement, but just making themselves look like the elitest supremacists children that they are.

Yeah, I do think it is childish. In a country where free speech is a big part of our lives, you would think they would be able to hang around and listen. They don't have to agree, but come on.

Actually, I am trying to remember, it seems that there was a time a few years back when he was speaking at the UN and several countries reps. got up and left during his speaking...

That is, if I am remembering correctly.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

First, it is clear that they "hate" Ahmad. Is there a western "news" agency that doesn't?
Second, if the scripts read the same, it probably means that nothing much has changed. Has anything changed?
Third, in an election, you can only vote for those on the ballot. You may want to do some research on what you have to do to get on the ballot, and how easy it is to be denied ACCESS.
Fourth, I don't play the violin, (I play the guitar), and the rest of that is simply nonsense.
Fifth, the "US" doesn't exist except in the minds of the clueless, sometimes called the "sheeple".
And lastly, I have no real problem with Ahmad. I do have a problem with an empire that ruthlessly kills innocents while asking that we judge others.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Agreed. In the speech he claimed the U.S. started both world wars.
townhall.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
reply to post by EvanJP

In many instances, the host countries want to have US military bases on their soil. South Korea, Saudi Arabia, and others have invited the US to set up bases.

NOT one country invited US to build base on their ground!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Countries walk out on one another all the time. It's just not typically news.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
First, it is clear that they "hate" Ahmad. Is there a western "news" agency that doesn't?

Being delegates walked out, and not the media present who recorded the incident, your comparison is without base.

Second, if the scripts read the same, it probably means that nothing much has changed. Has anything changed?

Good question... Iran still supports Hezbullah and Hamas, calls for the irradication of Israel and murders its own people in sham trials while lying about the crime in order to slience opposition to the government.

You know.. your right.. nothing has changed.... That should come as much needed relief for gay people in Iran... Oh thats right, Ahmadinejad went on record stating there are no gays in Iran.. I can only assume by that the gays he killed are dumped outside of irans borders somewhere?

Third, in an election, you can only vote for those on the ballot. You may want to do some research on what you have to do to get on the ballot, and how easy it is to be denied ACCESS.

Actually you should learn how our system works, since we can vote for people who arent on the ballot. Its called a write in. The process to get people on the ballot in the US is a straightforward process. Can you say the same about Iran, where the government must approve the candiates running, and bases that on whether or not the party platform is outlawed?

Any person in this country can run for public office if they meet the mimimum criteria. We can also publicly challenege and denounce government policies and leaders.

Granted a person can do the same in Iran...... only once.

Fourth, I don't play the violin, (I play the guitar), and the rest of that is simply nonsense.

Ignore what you can't spin in your favor - check

Fifth, the "US" doesn't exist except in the minds of the clueless, sometimes called the "sheeple".

Clueless on America - check

And lastly, I have no real problem with Ahmad. I do have a problem with an empire that ruthlessly kills innocents while asking that we judge others.

But you just said you dont have an issue with Ahmadinejad????

A for effort though...

What has Ahmadenijad done that you support.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join