It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Walks out during ahmadinejad speech

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

relevant to the topic being discussed i found this a couple of weeks ago

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

You are, for some odd reason, attempting to change what Ahmadenijad said for reason beyond understanding.

You're just trying to be nice. It's not beyond MY understanding, and I don't think it's beyond yours, either. You're just trying to be nice.

He obviously has an agenda - hurray for Iran, to hell with the US. In order to pursue that agenda, he has to support Yabba-Dabba-Jihad in any pronouncement the nut makes, no matter how far out in left field.

That means he has to follow Mahmoud's lead, and go out into left field himself. Hence the "incomprehensible" part of that statement. The claims themselves ARE incomprehensible, but the rationale behind them is not. He is forced to support his fearless leader, and so has to sound just as nutty. It's not really his fault, it's just the way the job works. When he can't refute the facts, he has to resort to obfuscation, denial, and attempted character assassination. There just isn't any other way.

You're just trying to be nice.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

The Iran president speaks much wisdom

Where? It sure wasn't in that lengthy diatribe of his you posted. I looked high and low, and couldn't find any wisdom in it anywhere.

Takes a wise man to see it. One who ignores wisdom is a fool.
Sorry you cant see it. There are many like you. Nothing special there.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeinthematrix
Typical dictatorial behaviour... by the US GOV! They don't respect foreign country's sovereignty, why would they respect a speech? USA MUST GO DOWN. Either by economy or else. Land of ignorant people, and evil "leaders".

Because a regime like in Teheran is a better option. HA...HA...HA...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by lifeinthematrix
Typical dictatorial behaviour... by the US GOV! They don't respect foreign country's sovereignty, why would they respect a speech? USA MUST GO DOWN. Either by economy or else. Land of ignorant people, and evil "leaders".

Because a regime like in Teheran is a better option. HA...HA...HA...

Umm ya, it would be. Any country that frowns upon alcohol is 1 step in the right direction. Ever watch COPS?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Cops is a good show.. especially when people who are not knowledgable about how the US political / judicial / Executive structure works and attempts to use it as an example.

I would love to see the Iranian counterpart, but for some reason they dont allow it. Is it because Sharia law on TV when interpreted by power hungry clerics who have an IQ slightly higher than that of a sea snail would look bad for the clerics and the religion itself?

There is nothing wrong with banning the sale of Alcohol. The crime comes in when possession of that item becomes a crime against the state that is punishable by death.

Good thing Iran doesnt have any gay people... They would be in a world of problems if they did.

I love how people from that neck of backwoods expresses the opinions they are told to about other countries. Stray to far off the reservation and you could end up on top of a bus with a noose around your neck for crimes against God, whatever the hell that means.

You have failed to provide sources that show ahmadenijad saying the holocaust was real.

Please provide us with a source that supports your claim.

Thanks.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Cops is a good show.. especially when people who are not knowledgable about how the US political / judicial / Executive structure works and attempts to use it as an example.

I am not surprised you would think it is a good show.

I would love to see the Iranian counterpart, but for some reason they dont allow it. Is it because Sharia law on TV when interpreted by power hungry clerics who have an IQ slightly higher than that of a sea snail would look bad for the clerics and the religion itself?

They dont glorify stupidity in their country nor do they allow alcohol so a show like cops would be redundant in Iran.

There is nothing wrong with banning the sale of Alcohol. The crime comes in when possession of that item becomes a crime against the state that is punishable by death.
If you were to actually educate yourself you would learn that alcohol in the u.s is a major cause of homicide, poverty, murder, violence, unwanted pregnancy, domestic violence, retardation, social degradation, etc. A country Like Iran is much much older and morally advanced compared to the juvenile west.

Good thing Iran doesnt have any gay people... They would be in a world of problems if they did.
Of course Iran has gay people. They just dont wear g-string and pink tube tops while yelling down the streets for rights. They keep it in the bedroom. Its not a phenomena like it is in the states.

I love how people from that neck of backwoods expresses the opinions they are told to about other countries. Stray to far off the reservation and you could end up on top of a bus with a noose around your neck for crimes against God, whatever the hell that means.
There are more executions in the US, people serving life terms for pot. People electrocuted or gassed then found not guilty after they died. Iran is as religious as places in the US. Some are fanatical, some are agnostic, some are atheists. Look, normal guys. Handsome too.
They like Cannibal Corpse.

You have failed to provide sources that show ahmadenijad saying the holocaust was real.

Please provide us with a source that supports your claim.

What an ignorant question. Re-read it and realize how foolish you are. I dont have to provide or prove anything, it is you that has failed to prove anything but ignorance, sorry.

Thanks.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The underground world of Iran videos.howstuffworks.com...

Those evil bastards.

Edit to add:

Maybe americans hate Iranians because they know that their women love Persian men.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Takes a wise man to see it. One who ignores wisdom is a fool.

Or maybe it takes a fool to see what isn't there.

See? I can play that silly-assed game of throwing out insults with no supporting argument, too! Fun, isn't it?

To quote a song:

"What a fool believes

He sees

No wise man has the power

To reason away."

In other words, you think you see something that isn't there, and aren't about to get all confused in honest debate over the issue. It would be a threat to your stilted world view. Can't have that.

So flinging insults is all ya got to fall back on.

have a nice day!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Takes a se man to see it. One who ignores m is a fool.

Or maybe it takes ya got to fall back on.

have a ni ce day!

You have an ignorant view. I rest my case. You are entitled to be that way. There are many like you. You are not unique in any way. Sorry. Just the facts. Now Get Back in Line.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Like the US at the UN, most ATS members walked out on this thread long ago.

Wonder why?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The underground world of Iran videos.howstuffworks.com...

Those evil bastards.

Edit to add:

Maybe americans hate Iranians because they know that their women love Persian men.

This is something that I know about very well. Not all Men....and I use that term loosly...Men...when I describe Male members of the species that habitate the Middle East and the geographic area that was ONCE called Persia....the....men...little m....are so insecure with their perception of themselves being MEN...that they do everything in their power to subvert and enslave Women...BIG W...as to actually use ancient writtings of Mohamed...as an excuse to keep Women in this abhorent condition.

I don't know about how YOU view this sickening practice but as far as I and any REAL MEN are concerned....Why would a REAL MAN have any need of suppressing a womans rights or have her so sequestered in the household as to not allow her to freely travel or drive or go so far as to have her punished or even stoned for doing something as harmless as ask a male neighbor for a ride to the grocery store only for her husband or familly to violently react to this?

I view WOMEN as they should be viewed by all Men....as a Strong...Intelligent...Valuable PARTNER in all that is LIFE. Women are as strong or STRONGER than Men in many aspects and who would want a wife or partner in life that one party had to put constraints on or forcibly CONTROL just because that man....SMALL m....is so insecure that he will use ancient religious doctrine as an excuse for this injustice.

I have been to several countries in the Middle East and just now....have the youth of this region FINALLY...decieded...both MEN...BIG M...and Women....that the old ways are just a system of control and they long for the FREEDOM of Western Style Democracies.

You see...this little m of an Iranian Leader...and using the word leader as it applies to him or his bosses the religious thugs....is SO INSECURE OF HOW WOMEN PERCIEVE HIS DIMINUTIVE STATURE...that he would rather watch as Iran spirals into a bloody CIVIL WAR...than ever have the experience of an Iranian Woman to turn down his advances and demand EQUAL RIGHTS.

Persian Women loving Iranian men? They only love MEN....BIG M....this little nut job and insignificant leader is a man....small m....and ALWAYS WILL BE SO. I long to see the soon coming day when the Iranian youth both Men and Women...win their GOD GIVEN RIGHTS....and watch as this MURDEROUS INSIGNIFICANT POOR EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN....cries like a little bitch....as he is led to the Gallows!
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I would have liked it if Ahmadinejad said he will make his country more tollerant but he won't because nothing is wrong with its own rules either.

news.sky.com...

Christian Solidarity Worldwide is campaigning on behalf of Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani whose case has attracted attention in dozens of countries.

The human rights group has told Sky News the 34-year-old's sentence may have been annulled but fears remain he will be put to death.
A spokesman said: "We've had some reports that there has been a verbal announcement from the court in Iran that the sentence is annulled but we urge caution.
"It's been known that verbal announcements have been directly contradicted by later written statements. We are still calling for international pressure to be kept up."
Sky sources say Nadarkhani was given a verbal assurance last year that he would not be sentenced to death but then was.
I am resolute in my faith and Christianity and have no wish to recant.
Christian Iranian Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani
The case centres on alleged apostasy - the abandonment or renunciation of one's religion.
Pastor Nardarkhani was born to Muslim parents but did not practise the faith and then converted to Christianity when he was 19.
He became a member of the Protestant evangelical Church of Iran and held services in "home churches" in the town of Rasht.
In 2009, he fell foul of the authorities when he challenged the law which insists that all schools should teach Islam.
He was arrested in October 2009 and a year later was sentenced to death for apostasy on a charge which has doubtful legality in the Iranian civil legal system, but which is underpinned by sharia law.
Text

No doubt America has downgraded in its morals but what morals they abandon? Christian morals not Islamic and that is why they are easy pickings when it comes to double standards.

There is nothing wrong in Christianity in drinking Alcohol but like all things too much has bad side effects.
There is nothing wrong in eating Bacon or pork because all things are made clean in Christ, there are no repetitive rituals in which people have to undertake everything is more open and free.

On the opposite end I feel that the people in the Middle East especially the ones who take it to heart religion will make war by the slightest offence, you cannot kiss in public, eat certain meats, dress certain ways, women must be covered, you cannot change religion, non Muslims are not equals and there is an air of complete phobia of everything in the world and the free people of the world would not accept such contained living standards dictatorial to them. Christ gave his life in our religion to free us from these laws because man cannot manage them without hurting each other in his name.

I see that history shows that minorities in the Middle East have been driven out to Europe and the world some even killed off, the people of the Islamic Ishmael line has remained in the dessert as Sarah in the Bible commanded and they have been isolated since in an environment that hardly rains and is full of sand and today the Christian world and its air bases pushes back because people do not want Islamic laws and views because it is unstable, Shiite vs Sunni vs the world is not stability nor are their dictators. Even the communist countries would rather stay communist than face Islamic rule and they too have choice between Christianity, Hinduism and Islam if faith if it develops one day there.

Of course the centre is Israel it starts and ends there for Europe and the West

It too all ends there in Israel because the Jews await their Messiah at Zion where God will rule the nations, but it take surrounding nations to cause the Biblical God's covenant land and the Jews to upset God's plans and his return. Bible prophecy is all based there, Ezekiel 29,30,38, Daniel 9,10,11, Psalms - is about Zion God's return, Psalm 83, Isaiah, Jeremiah and Zechariah all speak about Israel and God's return there.

No doubt the opposite prophecies in Islam fits well as contender for what the Bible predicts and Ahmadinejad and his religious leaders are gearing up to it and it seems like they are having fun by it, pity they hang Christians because they could have warned Iran before hand in their mistakes, Iran-Persia is in prophecy and apparently it says it wants to join forces with other nations to fight Israel and the outcome is not good for them, this is partly why no one trusts Iran or feel safe just by knowing instinctively that their missiles and trade with Russia has more than one use.

Christians cannot warn the Iranians, sorry but they are banning Christ from the West in case it offends Muslims, while Christians who would help are being killed under Islamic laws and morals of that society, so the climate is spot on, if Iran wants to make the next move it will be already written before hand only so much people can do to help.

edit on 29-9-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You have an ignorant view. I rest my case. You are entitled to be that way. There are many like you. You are not unique in any way. Sorry. Just the facts. Now Get Back in Line.

And STILL you've got nothing but petulant insults. Does your lower lip poke out when you spew this mess?

That's it, gimme that pout, baby!

I rest MY case.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Time Lord eh? I agree with much of what you have posted with the exception of involving any Religion...Christianity or otherwise....into either helping or dictating terms to any country. Hell...thats OUR JOB! The United States...and we have earned this right.

I know that sounds rediculous right? Maybe not. Look at it this way. EVERY TIME that someone or some government in the world screws up or invades a neighbor or enacts genocide on it's own people or cries for help due to starvation or earthquake or tsunami...etc....who is ALWAYS the country that gets called on to help? The U.S.

When the old Soviet Union collapsed and Eastern Europe as well as Asia was splintered into many countries that then had THOUSANDS OF SOVIET NUCLEAR WEAPONS stationed on their soil....weapons that without proper maintenence and nuclear core replacement would not only become a radiation danger but a danger to world peace if they fell into the wrong hands....who did the clean up? The United States.

When the world was on the verge of being turned into a bunch of German and Japanese speaking countries....who turned the tide? The United States. And what county donates more money and food to more nations than any other country in the world by a huge margin? The United States.

When Japans people cried out in dismay because their own government was ineffective at dealing with the earthquake and tsunami and people had no food or shelter or basic supplies of any kind....what Militarys Navy was on site immediatly after running supplies and rescue efforts in areas the Japanese government could not reach? The United States.

This goes same with Haiti, Indionesia, Pakistan, Africa....etc...etc....etc...

We have earned the RIGHT to have a bit of say in how things go in the world and just because a country is a sovereign nation does NOT give that countries leadership the right to SUBJIGATE IT'S PEOPLE AND DENY THEM FREEDOMS.

In these cases....we reserve the right to say...NO! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

People don't want to hear Iranians are normal people and Iran is a really neat place that does nutty things. They think things "we" do are nutty. Alcohol is illegal in Iran.. weed and hookers are here, that mean nobody gets laid & stoned at the same time?.

Iran is run by elitists douche bags who do bad things.. so what exactly makes them so special & newsworthy?.. besides an obvious aggressive war agenda / media campaign.

Everyone who wants to define ahmadinejads entire wordy long winded lecture about WWII as "he denies the holocaust".. it being pseudo intellectually retarded. The guy says lots of things that can be construed many ways.. its an endless silly argument. Seems his only real "crime" is questioning the "official" story.

..and officials are usually officially FOS... IMO 60+ million deaths of WWII was the "holocaust".. no tribes suffering & death was "special" or unique...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

I agree that some people have a hard time seeing Iran as anything but the enemy...but...this is not true. The VAST MAJORITY of Iranians are good people simply looking to have what we take for granted...basic freedoms. The Iranian poplulous consists of a majority amount of people between the ages of 1 and 30. If fact this country has the largest ratio of young outnumbering old in the world.

The youth of Iran is a bunch of computer savy...twitter generation....checking out Facebook generation...eager to obtain freedom at much risk...people. They dream of a Western style democracy in their country and absolutely HATE WITH A PASSION...the old religious guard.

One of the sayings of a youthful Iranian is...THE REAL REVOLUTION IS YET TO BEGIN! This is of course a swipe at the Islamic Revolutionary Guard that emerged in 1979. These people are NOT ENEMIES OF THE UNITED STATES. They need our help. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by GovtFlu

I agree that some people have a hard time seeing Iran as anything but the enemy...but...this is not true. The VAST MAJORITY of Iranians are good people simply looking to have what we take for granted...basic freedoms. The Iranian poplulous consists of a majority amount of people between the ages of 1 and 30. If fact this country has the largest ratio of young outnumbering old in the world.

The youth of Iran is a bunch of computer savy...twitter generation....checking out Facebook generation...eager to obtain freedom at much risk...people. They dream of a Western style democracy in their country and absolutely HATE WITH A PASSION...the old religious guard.

One of the sayings of a youthful Iranian is...THE REAL REVOLUTION IS YET TO BEGIN! This is of course a swipe at the Islamic Revolutionary Guard that emerged in 1979. These people are NOT ENEMIES OF THE UNITED STATES. They need our help. Split Infinity

I tip my hat to a brilliantly well said post.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

People don't want to hear Iranians are normal people and Iran is a really neat place that does nutty things. They think things "we" do are nutty. Alcohol is illegal in Iran.. weed and hookers are here, that mean nobody gets laid & stoned at the same time?.

Iran is run by elitists douche bags who do bad things.. so what exactly makes them so special & newsworthy?.. besides an obvious aggressive war agenda / media campaign.

Everyone who wants to define ahmadinejads entire wordy long winded lecture about WWII as "he denies the holocaust".. it being pseudo intellectually retarded. The guy says lots of things that can be construed many ways.. its an endless silly argument. Seems his only real "crime" is questioning the "official" story.

..and officials are usually officially FOS... IMO 60+ million deaths of WWII was the "holocaust".. no tribes suffering & death was "special" or unique...

Another well said post. Look at that. I regret thinking that there is no hope for us.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I appreciate the thumbs up for my post but I have a hard time understanding why you would glorify that little nuts speach. He is an example of everything that is wrong about Iranian Leadership and I do not believe that one could find a single youthful person living in Iran who would either agree with him or support him...unless this was forced at GUN POINT.

So please....explain to me why you like him. Split Infinity

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join