It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duct tape and plastic over windows from Homeland Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I was reading the thread about the 3 days of darkness and I just remembered back several years ago the government released this information about sealing your home. I realize it was in the case of a dirty bomb, or bio threat, but it really made me think..here is the link

www.ready.gov...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
A gas mask would be handy also.

Or even better a world without such advanced human-killing technology in the first place.. We can only dream.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

agreed, and if we make it through this next year and a half, maybe we can begin to have peace. I pray daily for peace, and peace to all of you out there.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I remember the duck and cover days from the cold war. We'd have drills at school were we'd crawl under our desks, and cover out heads, in the event of a nuclear bomb....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, plastic over the windows with duct tape....I'm safe.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Looking through these PDFs I see that they are giving us lists to bug out with. I find that curious.

Of course they do not use the words "bug out" but rather the term "get away".

Does anyone else see the irony of the people we would be "bugging out" to "get away" from giving us instructions on how to do it? Of course their premise is natural or man made disasters.

Of course FEMA would fall into the category of man made disaster, but still... Something seems a little fishy here. Do they want us to bug out? Is their information as flawed as everything else they have done? Does our bugging out work with their agenda? Is this another Government mind#?

Full of questions now.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
TechUnique , I love your avatar !!

As for sealing your windows/doors, they had a movie a few years ago regarding a dirty bomb hitting Los Angeles, CA and everyone was instructed to seal everything. Ends up being that the people that did that were the ones that died. The people that remained outside actually made it ok.

Of course it depends on the chemical that is released, but i wouldnt put my trust on TPTB

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hmm plastic, duct tape, small windowless room... with a husband, teen, preteen, and 5 yr old.. and 3 dogs.

Sounds kinda like hell to me.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I could see duct tape and plastic in case of a biological attack perhaps working. But I have extreme doubts about it working in the event of a nuclear bomb or something.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
lets see radiation levels through the roof .chemical dust in the air .Humm already there .
But making it even worse nuk plant well nuks and you think a gas mask and duct tape will save you????
lololol, I just love this site better then any tabloid ever.
O but you have 500 guns oooo but there's 5000000000000 savages coming to your home .lololol
why you may wonder because they want your guns lol.
Im not into the bible but one thing it says is true .
The meek shell inherit the earth. what this meens is wile all the idiots are killing each other for there guns the meek will be hiding in the swamps now simple logic should tell you who really has the best chance .

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
sure duct tape for bio attack great now your safe .
No way air can get into your home after all you duct taped it RIGHTTTT cough cough

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Its gonna take more planning than that if a biological event really occurs...best bet is to isolate a room to duct tape entirely..meaning..the walls..vents..ceiling..floor...store food and water for at least a month..remember that if we are not allowing contaminated air inside then we are also not allowing oxygen in as well so keep the head count down...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

It is intended for chemicals from a train derailment or chem explosion near your home from a factory or something similar. Its just for long enough for you to let the chemical dissipate outside your home so you can get away.

Its not for nuclear or to live in!

Train accidents carrying say Chlorine gases etc have happened.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
This is the epiphany of scare mongering all of this, these posts, the delightful inquiries. Heres the truth, and its not Hollywood truth, and its not government truth, as both of these sources are bias(and even me). You have a survival instinct in you ok, listen to it, YOUR survival instinct is the angel on your shoulder, telling you to stay calm to act fast, but not hurried. You survival instinct will slow down the events unfolding as if you get a few extra seconds of time.(however its not that you have more moments in the day, Its that you are operating on full scale fight or flight your mind litterly will meditate to give you those valuable, extra moments of time.) However if you are not a survivor, if you give in to your lack of will, accumulated through life experience, you most certainly will die. Here it is in plain terms. Those who want to live, will stand a better chance of living, those who question them self’s, who are not committed to there survival; will die. period end of story, so scare your self as much as you want, question your every move, I hope the best for you in this situation however I realize its not up to me its up to you.

top topics

join