It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBE's, Sleep Paralysis, Lucid Dreams, my journey and goal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
My current goals once in these state of consciousness are to talk with people about the fact we're dreaming or on another level of consciousness, or ask about events or matters that I would not otherwise know.

My background:
I stumbled upon lucid dreaming when I was around 12 yrs old by accident and for the next several years I went through the different levels (as I call them) from waking up as soon as I realized, to staying in control of my actions, to being scared once I realized I was in a dream freaking out and not waking up as normal, to then learning how to wake myself up, to flying, to going through walls and as far as moving objects with my mind in the dream. I did this for years and only used LD's for fun.

As well as in those years having occasional sleep paralysis and of course freaking out a little bit. I've experienced the high pitch screeching sounds and the feeling of leaving the body with not a lot of control over those experiences.

Recently after not having them for several years I decided to get back into it. After a long time and trial and error I found a way that has been successful almost 100% of the time. I do this as I fall asleep and focus as I go into sleep paralysis.

Back to the topic and question:
Once in these states of mind, my goal is to gain knowledge that I could not otherwise have known. I believe this is possible because we are all connected and all known information in the world is accessible if only you know how to access it.

The big question is, what to do once in these states of mind? Can you prove that you gained knowledge you had not otherwise known? If so, can you prove it to me, because otherwise it's just another story. I'm not looking for examples of dreams that came true or events that were similar, I'm looking for anyone that has been able to get information not know prior to this dream, obe, etc. This is probably a question for the more experienced LD'er, or sleep paralysis person.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
"Once in these states of mind, my goal is to gain knowledge that I could not otherwise have known."

I attempt the same when dreaming lucidly.

Proving something in the way you are asking about would undoubtedly be tough. I feel that there must be "something more" to dreaming, because I can't believe that my mind could construct such a reality on its own (of such high fidelity/mathematical complexity) and because of the nature of conversations I've had in dreams (being surprised by what a dream character has said, which may be some evidence that my mind didn't produce it).
edit on 9/22/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SadButTrue

Hi, I too have been experimenting with O.B.E. (self induced) i have been nearly successful on a couple of occassions, by nearly i mean i have the onset of paralysis, hear the high pitched screaming noise and "feel" myself move but thats as far as i have ,managed to get which is very frustrating. If i can maintain control when i have an O.B.E. i would love to view the dark side of the moon or Mars or even fly through Saturns rings, so any chance you could share the technique you have discorvered because i have tried everything i can and its still hit and miss. U2U me if you would prefer. Many thanks and greatest respect to you my friend

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Try reading the book psychic tracks in the wilderness [i think its called] by Dale E Graf.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shinzaun

It's funny you mention the moon and planets, that's something I have tried to do the last few times. I have flown straight up, saw the stars in all their beauty and could not go beyond more than a few hundred maybe thousand feet. I believe this limitation is perhaps because I can't imagine beyond that, because it's too much information to take in, or because I was not in the correct state of consciousness.

What has helped a lot are supplements, all legal. 5-htp, choline, alpha-gpc, galantamine, I take a mixture an hour or two before I go to bed, once in bed I put an alarm on for about 45 minutes in case I lose concentration and fall into sleep. If so, I try again. If you want more details let me know.
edit on 22-9-2011 by SadButTrue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Just saying hello. I have had some similar type dreams (lucid) not too sure tho. I had one such episode were i was trying real hard to pull away from myself but could not. was i on the right path in the steps so to speak? as far as obes i mean

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SadButTrue

It's been awhile since you posted to this thread. How are you doing in your efforts? Sleep paralysis is a fairly normal state for me, i have had it as long as i can remember with all manner of creatures about the room. Some benevolent some malevolent. I have never heard the screaming noise you refer to. Could you elaborate on that please? At times after waking i am still able to see the creatures or effects of the creatures. Have you experienced this?

new topics

top topics

join