It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[France] 4 completely unrelated policemen commit suicide in less than 2 hours

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

[France] 4 completely unrelated policemen commit suicide in less than 2 hours

translate.google.fr

Three policemen were killed Thursday morning and a fourth is in a state of "brain death" after a similar act, a black series occurred in the span of two hours in the Paris region, prompting immediate reaction from the police station who called a meeting.

Investigations have been opened to determine the cause of these suicides with no links between them, the first reports of "reasons and personal tragedies" and not professional.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm sorry that I can't find a equivalent article in English, but I found the Google Traduction to be quite effective on that page.

So, we're not in a Fringe episode here, we're in real life ... Four policemen, who absolutely don't know each other commit suicide at nearly the same time, in the same region.
Even weirder : the first two used a gun, the two others used a rope.

I'm not really the kind of guy who wants to put a conspiracy flag on suspicious coincidences, but this one is overkill ... Don't you think ?

translate.google.fr
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-9-2011 by kineticdamage because: wording

edit on 22-9-2011 by kineticdamage because: wording

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kineticdamage

first thought is they are not suicides maybe they don't want to panic people with someone killing cops?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's "The Happening".
Didn't that movie end in France?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Reminds me of this movie:

The Mechanic (2010 film)

Jason Statham stars as Arthur Bishop, a professional assassin who specializes in making his hits look like accidents, suicides or the acts of petty criminals.

Thank you Hollywood for spreading the light. Now we know how the 4 unrelated French policemen really died.

edit on 22-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Certainly strange.

I'm not sure if I read the story right but did one of the policemen shoot his wife (who was also a policewoman) before turning the gun on himself?

I found this a bit shocking too:

Every year there are between 40 and 50 suicides of officers and officials from the act to do mainly with their service weapons. Those directly related to working conditions, however, are very rare, according to studies done on this.

40-50 a year?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I personally think that these 4 police people were murdered...and it was set up to look like suicides. Maybe these 4 were going to reveal some corruption ...that is happening in the France police system....and they were killed.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

It is high, but according to good old wiki

Even though the information is incomplete, the raw numbers are highly compelling that police officers are much more likely to commit suicide than other occupations. However there is still controversy in the interpretation of these statistics. When comparisons are made within age, gender, and racial cohorts, the differences are much less dramatic.[13][14] Although suicides may be notably more prevalent among police, it is not clear whether police suicides are the result of work stress or the consequence of other variables, such as the influence of a subculture of violence[15]

Source

However, in relation to the OP it does seem a strange set of circumstances, the theory of a cop killer is not a bad one, but the trouble to hang 2 of them seems a bit too Hollywood.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
There is a certain taint of too much coincience not to associate.
Statistically, the odds may not be so astronomical if there are as many as fifty per year within the ranks of the Paris gendarmee......
Or was that a statistic for some other comparable force?
The trick here will be to find the connecting link i imagine....
Perhaps all were on the take from the same source?as in a drug ring paying off certain cops to ignore their people etc?
The hangings may be the best avenue of poving foul play however, as it may take considerable trouble to set up cleanly....no?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
hummm well if that had been the US i would say the guys finly couldn't take the fact they were assaulting and maiming and well we all watch the videos.
So don't be a cop you will enjoy living. See you just dont get it no one not even your mother trust you any more.
Hows does it feel to be even more hated then criminals.
and more feared . me I rather face a criminal then a cop any day .
I know what he wants and can alest try to protect my self .
Quite resisting quite resisting as they beet your brains in to the point were you die.
Now if a criminal is going to try and kill you they just pull a gun and fire .
and even then there's alest a chance you can grab there hand and point that gun were your not.
Try that with a triger happy cops and the one standing behind him will kill you.
No RECORD here none zip nada and yet I feel this way .
Have seen with my OWN eyes the brutality of cops the injustice of cops and courts .
the o we messed up well to bad attitude of cops and courts .
No dont feel one bit sorry here .

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Ok... I'm from Quebec, therefore fluent in french... here's what translations can't give you:

mort cerebrale = brain dead... they say that the guy used his service weapon and now he's brain dead... do the math...

the suicides are though to be caused by personal problems and not work related problems

and yes 40-50 suicides per year mostly by way of service weapon...

any questions? I'll be glad to answer them...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Maybe its 4 corrupt cops who were tipped off that they were about to be busted for something horrid they had been doing?

Or 4 good cops who were getting blackmailed maybe?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Maybe its 4 corrupt cops who were tipped off that they were about to be busted for something horrid they had been doing?

Or 4 good cops who were getting blackmailed maybe?

Or it was 4 who had to kill in the line of duty that did not receive adequate therapy afterwards, or who were not given enough time to cope. There's plenty of reasons why this could happen.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
this is a really weird story. can anybody find a second link for it. I have been looking and see nothing else yet?

its bizzare. and the way i follow news now it brings into play 2 new possibilities.
its brought our attention to france and also to 'suicide. I would be concerned that there could be some major diaster in france or some sort of major 'suicide' bomb somewhere else. i keep seeing these connections now with news stories. i mentioned another in a thread yesterday. the link between stories usually happens within a week.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Now that you mention it, it is certainly not a coincidence and should have a connection lying in a blown cover or some stuff like that, yup.

But this is not correlating with the Minister of Interior Claude Guéant's speech :
"We have to try to understand this black series of suicide". Either is he silver speaking, there is still a will to strongly study the case.

Now about the very high rate of suicide for cops, it is known that in some places in France they are completely overwhelmed by scums and gangsters. To a point where they don't even want to go inside some suburbs districts.
So you can imagine the kind of reprimands and harassment they get when they bust a local group of scums.
That would explain.

Anyway, another strange stuff : in the article I linked it was talking about 4 specific persons (plus the woman of the second). Now every article has downgraded to 3.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

They were told the World was ending.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

A little bit clearer translaton.

Two police officers committed suicide Thursday morning and a third is in a State of "brain death" after a similar act, a black series which occurred within two hours in the Paris region, evoking the immediate reaction of the police prefecture which has called for a meeting.

Black series

Investigations have been opened to determine the cause of these suicides with no links between them, first information alleging "reasons and personal dramas" and non-professional.

The black series began about 8: 00 in the 19th arrondissement of Paris, when a peacekeeper stationed in the judicial police of the Val-de-Marne, has put end to his days "with his service in a car gun unmarked", in Paris (19th). It was "in a State of brain death", according to police sources.

Family dramas?

An hour later one of his colleagues, in position to the management of public order (DOPC), was fatally wounded his wife at his home in Chevilly (Val-de-Marne), before returning his weapon for service against him. It is would be also used his service weapon for himself.

To 10: 00, Pré-Gervais (Seine-Saint-Denis), a fourth peacekeeper stationed in the Paris region, also hanged him.

Another suicide of a police officer assigned to the network Ferré of the gare de Lyon had been announced in the afternoon but it has not been confirmed.

"permanent stress" of the police

The fact that these suicides are spread over a period of time as short reports of "chance", according to police trade union sources. But the Prefecture of police reacted immediately.

Ensuring take "all the extent of the problem" and expressing his "emotion", she organized a meeting in the afternoon, under the aegis of the prefect Didier Martin, Secretary General of the police administration. It has also set up "for the families or the police officers wishing to psychological support".

According to the PP, these suicides are related "to private and marital difficulties".

Meanwhile Nicolas Comte, General Secretary of the first Union of peacekeepers, unit Police GSP - FO, insisted on "permanent stress" of the profession of officer who "can bring women and men in the worst ends, from the time they find themselves in crisis on personal or family plan".

Between 40 and 50 suicides annually

Suicides in police are a recurring problem often taboo. A study of the national Institute of health and medical research (Inserm) argued for example, in 2008, that the risk of suicide in the police is 36% higher than the rest of the population.

There are each year between 40 and 50 suicides of police officers and public servants to act mostly do so with their service weapon. However, those directly related to working conditions are very rare, according to studies conducted on this subject.

Prevention measures?

In October 2010, the Ministry of the Interior had established four working groups on the subject, including one specifically devoted to the issue of service weapon.

In 2008, a central Committee for occupational health and safety of the national police (CCHSPN) was already addressed on this sensitive issue, unions of police concern of an observed "peak" , according to them, at the beginning of the'year.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Maybe it's one of them "glitch in the matrix" events folk talk about.

A bit like this story - www.dunfermlinepress.com...

If you read carefully it's very strange.

edit on 23-9-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Those French girlz like the new muslims brought in better than French men.

I bet if you did your research French male suicides went up since the muslims were allowed into France.

Win for the middle eastern oil Princes who demanded muslims be allowed into Europe if oil was going to continue going there. They got new territory without fighting.

Praise Allah! lol....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
Ok... I'm from Quebec, therefore fluent in french... here's what translations can't give you:

mort cerebrale = brain dead... they say that the guy used his service weapon and now he's brain dead... do the math...

the suicides are though to be caused by personal problems and not work related problems

and yes 40-50 suicides per year mostly by way of service weapon...

any questions? I'll be glad to answer them...

Okay, what makes 40-50 Police Officers kill themselves every year?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join