It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology Whistle-blower. Former imprisoned member speaks out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I tried to search for this and could find nothing posted.

Source

Mr Guider says he was eventually punished for the incident in the edit suite by being sent to the Rehabilitation Project Force (RPF) in Dundas in suburban Sydney.

The Church of Scientology in the US disputes this, saying he went voluntarily to the RPF for "... long-term negligence in fulfilling his religious duties and his repeated violations of church scriptures".

The Church of Scientology says the RPF is a voluntary religious retreat. Defectors describe it as a punitive re-education camp.

"It's like prison, except it's worse - you don't have television, you don't have visitor rights, you can't read the newspaper, you can't read books, you can't listen to music," Mr Guider said.

Former Scientologists say those sent to the RPF are forced to wear black, do hard labour and eat basic meals like rice and beans.

They say they are not allowed to talk to others except those on the RPF and are not allowed to walk, having to run from one project to another.

Mr Guider says he did two-and-a-half years at the RPF in Dundas.

I am shocked that this kind of thing is going on so close to Sydney.

What will it take to have this cult shut down?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It can't be shut down, Free from religious persecution an all that (
at how they pick an choose who to persecute).. There's to many people with money involved in it for it to be shut down, even though there is daily protests outside their church here in San Jose, CA and elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Lots of good info on this very evil cult that I was personally involved with for many years:
Operation Clambake

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm not sure what I find more shocking.

The fact that this is happening and the government appear to be powerless to do anything about it or that it's being overlooked by the majority of ATS users?

Maybe I should have put Elenin or 911 in the title.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It will take a real alien fleet showing up at our doorstep, laughing at the absurdity of the scientologists beliefs.

It might also take some deep undercover work by the FBI or other police forces, but eventually these people will be shown the truth about how they've been duped.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
I'm not sure what I find more shocking.

The fact that this is happening and the government appear to be powerless to do anything about it or that it's being overlooked by the majority of ATS users?

I hope for humanity's sake it's the first bit.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The shield afforded to organizations which lay claim to being 'faith-based' is powerful; but not so much so that they can avoid justice.

It seems likely to me that just as was done here in the States, the "church" used surreptitious and Machiavellian means to acquire legitimacy by actually becoming closely involved with government... And since most civilized nations agree what one chooses to believe is one's own business, who will stop them, if they decide to use the color of government authority to facilitate their exploits? Few seem to have the courage.

Any citizens who dare organize an effort to respond to this particular community, will not have the protection of government, since they are directing their disaffection towards what has been successfully marketed as a religion. That makes the disaffected ones 'bigots' who are "against freedom of religion." Furthermore, those who 'fight' against the church, and are even marginally effective, will be subjected to the churches own 'defense' capabilities...

Sad, sad. It seems rather unclear how people would subject themselves to the treatment they do, all in the name of overcoming "body thetans" and "engrams".

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   

edit on 8-12-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

edit on 8-12-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Yea, we really don't need Scientologists nor its cult followers trying to give it a good name.

It was founded by a conman. Everyone that is Scientologist got conned.

Plain and simple. At least Jesus doesn't ask you if the check cleared if you want to be saved
edit on 8-12-2019 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
Yea, we really don't need Scientologists nor its cult followers trying to give it a good name.

It was founded by a conman. Everyone that is Scientologist got conned.

Plain and simple. At least Jesus doesn't ask you if the check cleared if you want to be saved

Errrr... maybe not quite like that but I’m pretty darned sure that Christian churches want your cash too.... and ask for it weekly.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Yes, quite exactly like that. L. Ron and his good buddy Paul Twitchell both made out like bandits.

Who is Paul Twitchell?

Answer that and you'll see what I mean.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamAssassin

There are pretty bad cults out there under a Christian banner as well. My girlfriend is escaped from one. She was abused both physically and mentally. She was starved and malnourished. We've been together almost three years, and she's just now stable enough to start working. It's been a hard road, and there's still further to go.

There are many cults out there besides scientilogy that need to be stamped out. The Christian ones are the hardest though because they can pretend to be something else and be protected by their Christian namesake and the legitimacy it provides as most of the nation is still Christian and takes everything as a personal attack against Christianity itself, leaving many victims with no where to turn.

My girlfriend's first therapist was christian and spent half his time defending the christian faith, arguing against the cults interpretation of the bible, and trying to win her over to christianity rather than helping her move on and deal with her emotions. We got a different non christianity pushing therapist and she started improving a whole lot more.

Most of these groups have been doing this for a long while and have learned many tricks to avoid trouble with the law. They all are ready to splinter and rebuild at a moments notice, they spread themselves out with multiple compounds. They have groups that are less exteme to pull people in and act as the face of the organization to outsiders. Only those really deep into the organizations know what's going on.

Their favorite targets are those who are desperate and needy. They start by being a helpful hand, create a dependance, and start brainwashing them into the more extreme views, eventually moving those they can to compounds as breeding stock as their best members are grown into the community.

As their numbers grow they get more confident, many enter politics, join the police force and try to influence things using their numbers to their advantage. If they get too much notice or get in major trouble, they splinter, let things quiet down, rebrand and begin again, starting slowly and less extreme until they can get back to where they were.

It's all very subversive and scary as hell.

new topics

top topics

join