It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're safe! Incredible footage shows doomed NASA satellite starting its descent to Earth but expert

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Check list.

Fujifilm finepix s2960 digital camera, (18x lens) and spare rechargeable battery's, Ready.

CanonLegria fs306 camcorder,(41x advanced zoom) fully charged and tested, Ready.

Samsung i9000 "Galaxy" fully charged and cleaned, Ready.

Chinon bino,s 10-50 x 60rb zoom, dusted and ready.

Thats me all set Now wheres it coming down !!!
edit on 22-9-2011 by foxhoundone because: binos

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

I saw this posted somewhere else, but will use it here: "A country only has three friends, its army, navy and air force." Every country is out for itself. America is just more visible about it. My question is still valid though, if NASA calculated it won't hit the US, how hard is it to finish the calculation and a sentence that says, "NASA has calculated its satellite will not land in the US but instead will hit Sudan."

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I dont see why a British newspaper (/www.dailymail.co.uk) has a title like "we are safe" when we only know that it wont hit the US!

Should be USA is safe , rest of the World in danger!

I also find it hard to believe that NASA dont know exactly where its going to land.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Tell you right now, if it lands in Scotland it will be scrapped, sold within the hour, or will end up at Sundays car boot sale as a new type of sky arial or a new kind of rubbish bin....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

From what I've read in UK newspapers, I believe it!

I'd also like to know how NASA knows this satellite is breaking up into two dozen pieces, it's not hitting the US, but they don't know where it will land. This is part of their job, tracking space debris and reentry into Earth - why are they failing here?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

How rude we are safe,it will not hit America?!?! America is not the world,there are a few more continents around the globe,and tbh it would be a bigger catastrophe if this would hit a city in asia,or europe for that matter.
That headline is hardly America's fault. Look at the rag that the story is printed in:

Blame the Brits this time!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Yeah, sod the rest of the populated world!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

As ButcherGuy pointed out and I did earlier in the thread - not my headline. It's a British paper, The Daily Mail. I wish no ill will on anyone, and besides odds are it hits the water.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

Don't get upset.. You just have to remember most of us live on Earth, and most American's live in America. It's not their fault, they are indoctrinated at a very young age to be loyal to country first. Try and show some compassion for them. Then maybe they'll have some compassion for the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Maybe i just spend too much time on ATS... Everyone knows that the video posted is not of UARS falling right?..This video was posted on ATS the other day by an amatuer atronomer, who was simply showing that he could see it with his telescope. Just an FYI

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
im sure Never A Straight Answer has a pretty good idea where alot of the debris will go, maybe not all of it. and.....see how self important the u.s. is..as long as it doesnt hit the u.s. there is nothing to worry about.

that said, im sure it will be highly photgraphed once it actually enters the the atmosphere and begins to smoke and burn..should be a good show..i'm gunna go get some popcorn

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by findingtruthseeker

That video is from renowned astrophotogapher Thierry Legault where he says that yes, he filmed UARS and this is the video of it.

Source: legault.perso.sfr.fr...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Ah, the Daily Mail. One of the most poisonous British newspapers. A series of opinion pieces drenched with seething resentment passed off as journalism

There's really nothing much to worry about. The thing is much smaller than Skylab, and that didn't hit anybody. I hope it puts on a good show though.
edit on 22-9-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Not exactly sure what your point with that reply was OP... i was just clarifying the headline of this trash article you decided to make a post about. I already knew the information you so kindly decided to reiterate

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by findingtruthseeker

Gotcha. My post stands as a clarification to your post.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Op? Kinda a low blow to the rest of the world. You just slammed everyone but the US.
"Yippie! Wee! We're SAFE!' Hooray!"

At least show that you undersatnd that ATS is a WORLDWIDE Forum with a lot of great members. You couldve said "The US is safe! Wee! Hooray!" Phffffffllllp! To all the rest of you!'

Oh...you did say that.....

Personally...I hope it doesnt affect any of our worldwide contributors at ATS. You should as well. Oh, wait. Youre in America....I forgot. Thas all that matters. Sorry

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Hahahaha. Man o man. My thread bombed because of headline from the Daily Mail. Hahaha. Dude. I didn't write that headline as I've mentioned a zillion times already, it's a copy and paste jobby from the Daily Mail, its their headline.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
well NOT EVERYONE ON ATS is on American soil

and USA is not the center of the world lol

finally got to see the real time tracker,

www.n2yo.com...

it actually says altitude still at 170km (down from 200km 2 days ago)

so its a very slowwww descent so far based on the tracker

speaking of which WHY ISNT NASA PROVIDING TRACKING ON ITS OWN SITE??

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
well NOT EVERYONE ON ATS is on American soil

and USA is not the center of the world lol

I know I know! Jeez. Everyone makes ATS a great place to be, and I suffer exactly zero illusions about America being the center of world. But, I could have picked a better headline to re-post. Fair enough.

finally got to see the real time tracker,

www.n2yo.com...

it actually says altitude still at 170km (down from 200km 2 days ago)

so its a very slowwww descent so far based on the tracker

speaking of which WHY ISNT NASA PROVIDING TRACKING ON ITS OWN SITE??

Thanks for that link... it is slow for sure. And no clue, this is NASA equipment so they could have at least taken responsibility for it by putting a tracker on their site.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Thank you for the info.

Never mind the american haters.

They are everywhere around here.

Flag for sure, from someone who is in the center of the United States in the center of the world

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join