It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're safe! Incredible footage shows doomed NASA satellite starting its descent to Earth but expert

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

We're safe! Incredible footage shows doomed NASA satellite starting its descent to Earth but experts say it will NOT hit U.S .

www.dailymail.co.uk

Nasa has said a six-ton satellite doomed to fall to Earth this week will not hit the U.S. as incredible video was captured showing the start of the spacecraft's descent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
There you have it and in reaction to the headline story about Denver and the weirdness happening there. It looks like you can take the NASA satellite off your list of concerns. Watch the video, it's still interesting but not Elenin and not the bunker in Denver airport type stuff... just science.

The predictions came as a astrophotographer in northern France captured video of the satellite.
Thierry Legault's clip shows the spacecraft appearing as a beaming mass of light as it plummets to Earth.

www.dailymail.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22-9-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Riiiiiight. Because those guys at NASA are an honest bunch.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Thierry Legault is an astrophotographer not associated with NASA; I think his video corroborates with NASA's statement.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
well im glad were safe

but really this is 2011...and that was the best footage we could ?? surley someone has this on hd camera to show us each stage of the disintergation phases!!

this is a known satilite not a ufo that usually casues for the blurry pics ! !

WTF are you doing nasa clearly you don't have any shuttles to tend too ,, surley you have some cams to capture

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

We're safe! Incredible footage shows doomed NASA satellite starting its descent to Earth but experts say it will NOT hit U.S .

How rude we are safe,it will not hit America?!?! America is not the world,there are a few more continents around the globe,and tbh it would be a bigger catastrophe if this would hit a city in asia,or europe for that matter.

God,headlines like that make me agitated.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
America is safe.. thats all that matters huh?

so exactly where is it going to crash?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Someone out there always wins the lottery

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I've got to agree, there should be better footage. Though after reading the Frenchman's website, he's a real pro with the best gear money can buy, so this filming this spacecraft must present other challenges we're not aware of. BUT, NASA has the gear in the sky already, not sure why we're not seeing crystal clear footage from them.

Thierry Legault's very cool space pics, website translated to English from French: ow.ly...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I thought this particular satellite was 7 tons.

Although my thought could be wrong.

Someone should find out the weight, don't ask me why.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

Uh, what? I don't think anyone referred to the U.S. as the "world." Seeing that that online publication is stationed in the U.S. it only makes sense to say "We're Safe!"

Quit being a baby.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

Yep, and that's a British newspaper with that headline. I think the Daily Mail just changed its audience to US readers.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

www.dailymail.co.uk

Nasa has said a six-ton satellite doomed to fall to Earth this week will not hit the U.S. as incredible video was captured showing the start of the spacecraft's descent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Yeeehaaaaaah!!!! WOW! [Claps hands repeatedly] Well done America as long as your OK!

You couldn't have spared just one of those missiles of death you rain down on farmers and other third world countries to actually save some lives for once, why can't you shoot it down? What if it lands in some other country in a populated area?

fn yanks!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

If only it was that easy, all the sharp shots you see of space taken from the ground are either long exposures or shots stacked together, so in summary its not as easy as using a "hd" camera.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

What I find interesting is that NASA now knows it won't hit the US but doesn't know where it will land. There are teams of people at NASA (in the space junk monitoring division) that can predict quite accurately the trajectory of space debris (this satellite) falling to Earth. So what's the problem? Why can't they do an accurate prediction on where it will land, besides not the US?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing. Thierry is a god among astrophotographers. I'm going to "save" this thread so I can pull it up when people start to post this video with the headline: "Mysterious UFO seen in space!"

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

News reports are all over the map, 7 tons, 6 tons, 6.2 tons, 6.5 tons... likely just bad homework on the report's behalf.

Source: lmgtfy.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

What I find interesting is that NASA now knows it won't hit the US but doesn't know where it will land. There are teams of people at NASA (in the space junk monitoring division) that can predict quite accurately the trajectory of space debris (this satellite) falling to Earth. So what's the problem? Why can't they do an accurate prediction on where it will land, besides not the US?

Well that one is obvious, its because America never has, and never will give a fiddlers f*ck about anyone but themselves unless off course it involves lining their greedy fat pockets with more spoils.
edit on 22-9-2011 by CrimsonMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I pray for those people in other parts of the world that may be affected by this. I hope you are all safe and perhaps this thing will just go into the ocean without any damage.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

SPOT ON all those poor African countries that get our wheat and grain pay us such huge sums of money and oil and diamonds to feed their poor exploited populations...wait whats that? America GIVES that grain to the poor African countires? OH snap there goes that theory.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join